[GTFIH] A guide to taking proper pictures for rating and looksmaxxing advice

A

ArabIncel

Zephir
Time online
106d 11h 39m
This won’t be that long. We all know lens distortion is real, so I’ll just cut to the chase.

The average arm is around 2 feet long. So if one is taking pictures at a full arms length range (for example, as in a selfie), generally the picture is taken from 2 feet away. This is not enough to get rid of lens distortion. So whenever people are posting selfies in order to be rated or in order to gain looksmaxxing advice, they aren’t being rated or advised properly because it is not clear what they actually look like (due to lens distortion). So what one needs to do is, they need to take a picture from AT LEAST 6 feet away. That said, here’s what you should do step-by-step (if you don’t have anyone to take pictures of you):

1. Take your phone and place it on a surface that is close to your eye level height. So for example one may put their phone on an edge (close to their eye level height) that sticks outside of a wall or on a door handle of a closet (again close to their eye level height). The point is just that you want to make it look like someone is standing up in front of you holding your phone straight up right at your eye level height ready to take a picture of you. That’s the illusion you want to create.

2. On this surface, make sure the phone is completely straight up vertically so it is not leaning in any direction significantly (forward, backward, to the left side, or to the right side).

3. Moreover, while the phone is on this surface, have its BACK CAMERA (this is important!) facing you.

4. Set the phone on a 10-second timer and hit the capture button.

5. Run AT LEAST 6 feet away from the phone (anywhere from 6-8 feet is fine, not necessary to run a 10 feet distance) and position yourself such that you’re facing the phone.

6. At this point, you want to make sure your eyes are exactly leveled with the back camera of the phone. So depending on how high up or low for that matter you placed the phone, you may need to stand on your toes a bit or to bend down at the knee a bit. The point is to try and get the phone to capture you at a true, neutral angle.

Note: Do not have the camera zoomed in during the time the picture is being taken just because you’re standing far away. Have the camera on 0% zoom at that time and only after you take the picture zoom in on your face for a close-up view.

Below I’ve attached some pictures for demonstration. All taken from 6-8 feet away. I’ve attached the pictures in full, followed by close-up views of the face. This is what everyone should aim to do. Anything short of this won’t suffice. Anything better? Go for it by all means.

Attachments

Last edited:
C

Chadelite

All posts before 23 April aren't my beliefs
Time online
57d 14h 2m
Very nice thread so all users see this first

Pin this @Lorsss @Pendejo @Sergeant ma nigs

buflek

buflek

ugliest narcy ever
Time online
108d 21h 43m
i also recommend making a video because u can screenshot multiple angles

Pendejo

Pendejo

Banned
Time online
50d 5h 16m
idk but after looking at your face for a while now, it seems like your getting better looking

weird

goat2x

goat2x

💫💫💫💫
Time online
105d 10h 46m
Legit ask fuck ive had enough from mirrored fraud pic

Lorsss

Lorsss

pale twink
Time online
101d 23h 41m
This won’t be that long. We all know lens distortion is real, so I’ll just cut to the chase.

The average arm is around 2 feet long. So if one is taking pictures at a full arms length range (for example, as in a selfie), generally the picture is taken from 2 feet away. This is not enough to get rid of lens distortion. So whenever people are posting selfies in order to be rated or in order to gain looksmaxxing advice, they aren’t being rated or advised properly because it is not clear what they actually look like (due to lens distortion). So what one needs to do is, they need to take a picture from AT LEAST 6 feet away. That said, here’s what you should do step-by-step (if you don’t have anyone to take pictures of you):

1. Take your phone and place it on a surface that is close to your eye level height. So for example one may put their phone on an edge (close to their eye level height) that sticks outside of a wall or on a door handle of a closet (again close to their eye level height). The point is just that you want to make it look like someone is standing up in front of you holding your phone straight up right at your eye level height ready to take a picture of you. That’s the illusion you want to create.

2. On this surface, make sure the phone is completely straight up vertically so it is not leaning in any direction significantly (forward, backward, to the left side, or to the right side).

3. Moreover, while the phone is on this surface, have its BACK CAMERA (this is important!) facing you.

4. Set the phone on a 10-second timer and hit the capture button.

5. Run AT LEAST 6 feet away from the phone (anywhere from 6-8 feet is fine, not necessary to run a 10 feet distance) and position yourself such that you’re facing the phone.

6. At this point, you want to make sure your eyes are exactly leveled with the back camera of the phone. So depending on how high up or low for that matter you placed the phone, you may need to stand on your toes a bit or to bend down at the knee a bit. The point is to try and get the phone to capture you at a true, neutral angle.

Note: Do not have the camera zoomed in during the time the picture is being taken just because you’re standing far away. Have the camera on 0% zoom at that time and only after you take the picture zoom in on your face for a close-up view.

Below I’ve attached some pictures for demonstration. All taken from 6-8 feet away. I’ve attached the pictures in full, followed by close-up views of the face. This is what everyone should aim to do. Anything short of this won’t suffice. Anything better? Go for it by all means.
arabincel you need eyebrow makeup

Lifewasted

Lifewasted

BeChadOrDieTryin'
Time online
195d 10h 46m
Hello Chaddam

AleksVs

AleksVs

Motivatemaxxing
Time online
59d 6h 17m
high effort thread but its cope

if you are good looking you will look good in any camera, any angle, any lightning
Not if the len literally stretches your face because it's shitty and damaged.

Hopelessmofoker

Hopelessmofoker

The Tribe|The Secret Society|The Senate Chair N°1
Time online
41d 18h 9m
When will u fix hair

Lecoteco

Lecoteco

Enthusiast
Time online
16d 15h 4m
gotoa10humanbeing

gotoa10humanbeing

Goals: Aesthetic Phenom, Accomplished JB Slayer
Time online
23h 56m
you need a shorter haircut and mastic gum + skincare
jaw implants too

Incoming

Incoming

Coep or roep
Time online
68d 3h 18m
Good thread but you should include some lens distorted images to demonstrate the differences. Eg: front facing camera selfie, mirror selfie, back camera photos from up close, etc

randomvanish

randomvanish

Banned
Time online
29d 5h 48m
there is no difference.

higgabigga

higgabigga

Psl2 Russian Slavcel Untermensch
Time online
35d 11h 40m
fucking lol lmfao this is how i know ur never getting any

Holymanro

Holymanro

Dimorphism, testosterone and Stoicism are my goals
Time online
60d 16h 49m
Very good thread. Lighting is also an issue

I have terrible lighting in my house.

With flash, I look so different

Viewing This Thread (Looksmaxers: 0, Bluepilled: 2)