Guide To Oily Skin

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

Fatherless World
Oily skin can make people look ugly(er). It adds unwanted shine and silk to the face. Oily skin is a result of the following:
  • Having enlarged pores on your face
  • You sebaceous gland being over active (producing too much sebum giving face shine)

Acne, which is a result of oil clogging up your hair follices will occur more readily on individuals who have oily skin.

Treatment

1) Cleanse with ph 5.5-6.0 soaps/gels. Regular soap has pH 8-10 which is basic and harsh to skin. 5.5 is more close to skin pH so it compliments it and doesnt irritate.
I use La Roche-Posay Effaclar for oily/ acne prone skin

2) Apply Toner after cleansing. A face toner helps to remove excess dirt, traces of oil and makeup, correct and balance the pH of your skin, and helps control acne. The alcohol content is harsh so don't use alot or opt for an alcohol-free toner.
I use Proactiv Toner (alcohol-free)

3) Moisturize. This step is important to keep skin from getting flaky and irritating. But for individuals with oily skin, use a moisturizer that doesn't leave your face greasy. Typically the moisturizers for dry skin contain way too much oil and will be counter intuititive. Be careful what you purchase at the store.
I use Bath & BodyWorks Shea bodycream. it basically doesnt add grease to the face.

Do this in the morning and at night before bed. and and optional time during the day after a gym session or sweating. This will help with acne but its probably not strong enough to eliminate it for you puberty-cels. It will however leave your skin feeling smooth and appealing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5467, Deleted member 3195, TheChosenChad and 2 others
Step - 1: Have good genetics.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel, TheChosenChad and Vitruvian