Guide to rating PSL

Deleted member 2012

Deleted member 2012

Magic
PSL 1 - Utterly deformed - Less than 1 percent

PSL 1.5 - Deformed, but not utterly - 1 percentile (I looked it up and 3% of kids are born with birth defects but not all reach adulthood)

PSL 2 - Repulsively hideous (Morbid obese fall here) - 2 percentile

PSL 2.5 - Hideous - 5 percentile

PSL 3 - Very ugly - 10 percentile

PSL 3.5 - Ugly - 30 percentile

PSL 4 - Slightly below average - 40 percentile

PSL 4.5 - Dead average - 50 percentile (Mogs 50% of people, gets mogged by the other 50%)

PSL 5 - Slightly above average - 60 percentile (Mogs 60%, gets mogged by 40%, you get the point)

PSL 5.5 - Good looking - 70
percentile

PSL 6 - Very good looking - 95 percentile

PSL 6.5 - Stunningly good looking - 99 percentile

PSL 7 - Close to perfection - 99.999 percentile (1 in a 100 thousand people)

PSL 7.5 - Pretty much perfect, but misses something striking that PSL 8 has - 99.999999 percentile (1 in 100 million people)

PSL 8 - PSL Gods - You can count them in your fingers

Standard deviations of 0.25 (e.g. 5.75psl) are also allowed.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 3526, ChoSeungHui and 9 others
Good guide (y)

• +1
Reactions: EthnicelAscension and Deleted member 2012
4psl is average mate

• +1
Reactions: Copeful, .🇹🇩., john2 and 4 others
Everything in the middle should be bumped up by 10 percentage points I feel like
Fuck it I'm bored enough that I might make a high effort post on this in the looksmaxxing section

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3195 and EthnicelAscension
post examples of people that are psl 8 in your opinion

4psl is average mate
Have you ever seen anyone getting a PSL 0 even ironically? PSL 0 doesn't exist. It starts at 1. Yes, if it was from 0 to 8 the mean would be 4 but its from 1 to 8 so the mean is 4.5.

Have you ever seen anyone getting a PSL 0 even ironically? PSL 0 doesn't exist. It starts at 1. Yes, if it was from 0 to 8 the mean would be 4 but its from 1 to 8 so the mean is 4.5.
Thinking that the PSL scale maps symmetrically onto the population distribution is as insane as thinking that if we gave everyone in the world a quantum mechanics exam the average score would be 50%

Thinking that the PSL scale maps symmetrically onto the population distribution is as insane as thinking that if we gave everyone in the world a quantum mechanics exam the average score would be 50%
shit comparison

PSL 6.5 checking in

shit comparison
elab then, no it isn't lol aside from being purposely hyperbolic to make a point
what assumptions lead to thinking the average person would have a PSL of 4.5? There are none aside from "its the number in the middle". I guaranfuckingtee you if somehow put an image of every single human being's face in the rating section, the average PSL rating would be in the low 3s or maybe even lower. Even if we only used the white population.

PSL 1.5 - Deformed, but not utterly - 1 percentile (I looked it up and 3% of kids are born with birth defects but not all reach adulthood)

PSL 4.5 - Dead average - 50 percentile (Mogs 50% of people, gets mogged by the other 50%)

PSL 5 - Slightly above average - 60 percentile (Mogs 60%, gets mogged by 40%, you get the point)

percentile

PSL 7.5 - Pretty much perfect, but misses something striking that PSL 8 has - 99.999999 percentile (1 in 100 million people)

Omg someone needs to sticky this im an autist and this is just what I was looking for!

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2012
elab then, no it isn't lol aside from being purposely hyperbolic to make a point
what assumptions lead to thinking the average person would have a PSL of 4.5? There are none aside from "its the number in the middle". I guaranfuckingtee you if somehow put an image of every single human being's face in the rating section, the average PSL rating would be in the low 3s or maybe even lower. Even if we only used the white population.
I see more people getting 4's and 5's in the rating section tbh.

I see more people getting 4's and 5's in the rating section tbh.
Even if that is true, consider response bias. People who are legit below average will not go around posting their pics in the ratings section.
Also I just went through 5 randomly threads in ratings and in not one of them did someone give an actual rating JFL

• JFL
I just went through 5 randomly threads in ratings and in not one of them did someone give an actual rating JFL
jfl
People who are legit below average will not go around posting their pics in the ratings section
And most people who are legit above average probably never found this website in the first place

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
jfl

And most people who are legit above average probably never found this website in the first place
Probably true, but there are a fair amount of users who are above average in appearance. Much more than you would expect given that this is a quasi-incel forum. Can someone say hypergamy?

• +1
This is pretty flawed since the majority of people are in fact ugly or normal looking (90% fall between 3-5)

You rating in doesn’t correspond to your attractiveness in percentile but in fact how close you are to the maximum rating.
Especially since what is considered average (or 50th percentile) varies A LOT by location. A PSL8 is universally attractive and can be used to base all ratings on them.

I still think PSL is dumb and decile is superior in every way.

Decent guide i would make a couple adjustions tho

percentile

What?? 4 PSL is average, and where is 0 PSL at?

Can yall stop reviving my threads back from when I was a clueless greycel

It’s embarrassing

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1100 and Deleted member 2756

This doesn't make sense.

Women don't rate men like that. They don't rate us as a bell curve. Women think most guys are BELOW average. Thus ratings are skewed, so:

The median ≠ the average

Why+online+dating+drives+men+crazy+men+and+women+comparison+3d.jpg

If you're at the 50th percentile you are way to the left, but if your looks are average (all guys combined, gigachads included, divided by number of guys) you are more to the right, better than at least sixty percent of men, prolly more.

Last edited:
Tbh anyone that dosent have a 2+ fwhr and a perfect hunter eye area is considered subhuman imo

Guide to rating:

0 - invisible
1- attractive

7 and 8 are basically the same. At this level it’s only a matter of taste.

wrong
4 psl = avg
5 psl = above avg
6 psl = chadlite
6.5 psl = chad
7 psl = model
7.5 psl = supermodel
8 psl = doesnt exist

That's incorrect. Here's how the PSL scale works:
PSL 1 - hideous
disgusting monster-like creatures, mostly birth defects or accident victims.
PSL 2 - very ugly
freakishly ugly people that make heads turn in a bad way and that are so ugly they're unpleasant to be around.
PSL 3 - ugly
unfortunate looking people you would feel sorry for, but wouldn't necessarily feel repelled by.
PSL 4 - average
self-explanatory; a 4.5 would be a high-tier normie.
PSL 5 - cute
a girl/guy most would describe as "cute"; pleasant to the eye, but not nearly as stunning as others.
PSL 6 - attractive
these are the stereotypically hot men and women, people that almost everyone agrees are handsome/beautiful.
PSL 7 - very attractive
the highest caliber of beauty: usually models and actors but not necessarily. Regardless of their personal style, these people have perfect proportions and look like works of art
PSL 8 - perfection
technically impossible to reach, but some may rate a PSL 7 as PSL 8 if they truly tick all their boxes and find they embody their personal idea of physical perfection. this is a highly subjective tier that cannot truly be explained in other ways except: I think this is the most beautiful person I have ever seen.

• +1
Reactions: fl0w