heightmaxxer
Time online
51d 20h 6m
P

Phillybeard1996

Arcanologist
Time online
98d 2h 8m
My occlusal plane, so that my mouth and centre of the jaw that is between chin and ramus, became more parallel to the floor.
What would you say is the ideal gonial angle*

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
IMPORTANT TO ADD;

Bimax with Ramieri means you will have 2 small external scars on both lower cheeks, just before the ramus above the jaw bone. He does it mostly internally, but there will be 2 small scars on your cheeks from this procedure, he uses it to get access to the jaw from the outside.

He didn't mention this would happen, but maybe thats my fault for not asking, because I simply presumed bimax was performed entirely through the mouth giving only internal scars.

T

to_stop_da_cope

u u u u u u u u u dead u u u u u u u u u u u u
Time online
30d 19h 4m
IMPORTANT TO ADD;

Bimax with Ramieri means you will have 2 small external scars on both lower cheeks, just before the ramus above the jaw bone. He does it mostly internally, but there will be 2 small scars on your cheeks from this procedure, he uses it to get access to the jaw from the outside.

He didn't mention this would happen, but maybe thats my fault for not asking, because I simply presumed bimax was performed entirely through the mouth giving only internal scars.
thats not a problem, right? you can easily cover with a bit of makeup or am i stupid

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
thats not a problem, right? you can easily cover with a bit of makeup or am i stupid

Im never wearing makeup and I dont look good at all with beard, so its a bit of a problem tbh. Just makes you look less natural imo, since the scars are symmetrical to each other, both sides in the same place and size.

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m

You get a scar similar position shape and size to this, on both sides;

PapiMew

PapiMew

Time online
114d 12h 45m
What would you say is the ideal gonial angle*
The gonial angle also known as the jaw angle is the angle the ramus makes with the mandible. From a sexual dimorphic point of view, the male gonial angle should be between 100 and 120 degrees producing a masculine jaw. The female gonial angle should be between 120 and 140 degrees producing a feminine jaw. In addition, it is crucial that the gonial angle is within 128 degrees for males and 126 degrees for females as a steeper gonial angle may very well cause dental malocclusion (Mommaerts 390).

P

Phillybeard1996

Arcanologist
Time online
98d 2h 8m
What do you think about lip filler or lip lift on guys?

T

to_stop_da_cope

u u u u u u u u u dead u u u u u u u u u u u u
Time online
30d 19h 4m
Mongrelcel

Mongrelcel

Arcanologist
Time online
26d 15m
@DatGuyYouLike hey man, what do you think of getting a bimax if my lower and upper jaws arent necessarily "recessed" but rather my upper maxilla still allows me to advance them comfortably without it resulting in "chimpface"?

What do you think about when a guy with a nose like this
got bimax? In your opinion how would bimax impact this kind of a nose?

Will the skull structure be fundamentally weaker after bimax?

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
@DatGuyYouLike hey man, what do you think of getting a bimax if my lower and upper jaws arent necessarily "recessed" but rather my upper maxilla still allows me to advance them comfortably without it resulting in "chimpface"?

What do you think about when a guy with a nose like this got bimax? In your opinion how would bimax impact this kind of a nose?

Will the skull structure be fundamentally weaker after bimax?

It would help a little yes, but is it worth all the money, time and recovery for less improvement/subtle improvement? You will also need to get upper midface implant after, to keep the harmony, so its a big investment to commit to. Also your nose will widen from the front noticeably, and you will probably want a rhinoplasty afterwards too.

IMO its not worth all the aggravation and money if your side profile is similar to Nixons.

Mongrelcel

Mongrelcel

Arcanologist
Time online
26d 15m
It would help a little yes, but is it worth all the money, time and recovery for less improvement/subtle improvement? You will also need to get upper midface implant after, to keep the harmony, so its a big investment to commit to. Also your nose will widen from the front noticeably, and you will probably want a rhinoplasty afterwards too.

IMO its not worth all the aggravation and money if your side profile is similar to Nixons.
Thanks for the response fren

No you misunderstood - only my lf1 area is recessed, my upper maxilla, forward and cheekbones are fine - that means bimax would help "match" the lower third to the upper one.

https://looksmax.me/threads/crash-c...rthognatic-surgery-and-who-likely-wont.90880/
I dont know if you have read this thread, but I belong to the group with "good" cranial base angle

My only concern is pretty much just my nose - I cant get rhino afterwards because my nose size is proportional right now, a rhino would make it too small and feminine

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
Thanks for the response fren

No you misunderstood - only my lf1 area is recessed, my upper maxilla, forward and cheekbones are fine - that means bimax would help "match" the lower third to the upper one.

https://looksmax.me/threads/crash-c...rthognatic-surgery-and-who-likely-wont.90880/
I dont know if you have read this thread, but I belong to the group with "good" cranial base angle

My only concern is pretty much just my nose - I cant get rhino afterwards because my nose size is proportional right now, a rhino would make it too small and feminine

pm me pics, ill keep private. This is too complicated to be advised via imagination

B

bysontallou

Trainee
Time online
13h 54m
Since you say Ramieri no longer does the mini chin wing during bimax, would you recommend going to another surgeon instead? And would you have gone to someone else if you knew Ramieri no longer did it?

I had been considering Ramieri precisely because of his mini chin wing procedure dhring bimax, but if he no longer offers it I wonder if I might be better off with someone like Pagnoni or Raffaini - especially since Pagnoni can widen the gonions during bimax apparently.

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
Since you say Ramieri no longer does the mini chin wing during bimax, would you recommend going to another surgeon instead? And would you have gone to someone else if you knew Ramieri no longer did it?

I had been considering Ramieri precisely because of his mini chin wing procedure dhring bimax, but if he no longer offers it I wonder if I might be better off with someone like Pagnoni or Raffaini - especially since Pagnoni can widen the gonions during bimax apparently.

Ramieri has good results overall on his IG, and I've never heard any serious complaints about him butchering anybody or something like that, he also offers a very decent price too.

Had I known I was going to get 2 very small scars on either side of my jaw, and that chin wing was not on the table anymore, I probably would've gone to Pagnoni for the ramus widening reason like you said. Even though he costs more, I need implants now anyway so the cost of those + bimax with Ramieri is probably equal to Pagnoni's price of bimax + ramus widening in 1 surgery. It also saves time and extra travel+hotel costs, of having to be operated on twice.

If you just want a bimax and your ramus is already decent, I think Ramieri is a good option still. He is conservative and wont give you a chimp lip, but in my case maybe I would've suited a more daring surgical plan imo, my lower jaw to me is still too short, and mouth position still too deep set.

It must be said as well though, my base was extremely recessed, probably more recessed than 98% of guys on this site imo.

lasthope

lasthope

Elementalist
Time online
45d 21h 48m
IMPORTANT TO ADD;

You could probably fade them away with co2 laser and microneedling

PapiMew

PapiMew

Time online
114d 12h 45m
IMPORTANT TO ADD;

This isn’t normal, right?

Gaia262

Gaia262

My Eyes Are Open
Time online
164d 15h 18m
15k euro, 2k euro more for flights food ct scan and hotel costs.

Didn’t need braces as my bite was perfect (had braces during puberty) l, and dont need braces post op.

I feel the limiting factor was not having pre surgical orthodontics.

If you removed the premolars and decompensated the teeth he would of been able to advance the mandible further.

aphelios

aphelios

Trainee
Time online
14d 19h 54m

If you removed the premolars and decompensated the teeth he would of been able to advance the mandible further.

I dont think so, TheLordMadness didnt get teeth decompensated and still got almost 1cm BSSO,8-9mm semi chinwing

Notuglyjustpoor

Notuglyjustpoor

I am beyond your experience
Time online
62d 10h 13m
You get a scar similar position shape and size to this, on both sides;

None will care about those scars unless they notice they are symmetrical and that's unlikely being that small

M

mynameismart

Trainee
Time online
4d 19h 38m
Any difference in breathing?

Mark Strech

Mark Strech

Trainee
Time online
9d 12h 45m
When you mean ramus widening, it's making it flared out right? So having sharp gonions ?
And what's the average price of that? Seems dope if not too risky.
Yes; in the BSSO component of DJS the ramus of the mandible gets separated from the mandibular body and hence can be rotated outwards, with the point of rotation being the mandibular condyle within the TMJ. However, the degree of rotation (and hence bigonial width gain) is limited by impaction of the jaw condyle within the glenoid fossa. You can imagine that if you swing it too much one way the ball of a ball and socket joint will start to crush against the socket. The gonions won’t necessarily become sharp though (?), only their horizontal position gets changed

PapiMew

PapiMew

Time online
114d 12h 45m
IMPORTANT TO ADD;

Please update when you can with all your questions and answers from Ramieri

RIPPED IRL

RIPPED IRL

Adept
Time online
3d 16h 8m
How old are you ? Do u think get bimax at 27 its worth it ?

Dutcher

Dutcher

Zephir
Time online
67d 13h 41m
Scars are masculine

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
This isn’t normal, right?
I didnt think so, its usually not reported by bimax patients. Make sure to ask ur surgeon if there will be external scars bevause its a possibility now we know.

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m

My bite was perfect beforehand so it wasnt necessary (had braces as teenager which masked underbite)

Gaia262

Gaia262

My Eyes Are Open
Time online
164d 15h 18m
My bite was perfect beforehand so it wasnt necessary (had braces as teenager which masked underbite)

That's known as camouflage orthodontics. Your bite isn't perfect if they were masking it.

It just appears to be perfect.

@Sergio-OMS thoughts? Could he of got a larger movement of his mandible had he done decompensation first?

reptiles

reptiles

Dick pilled scholar.
Time online
221d 8h 24m
i feel my maxilla & midface are slightly recessed, but not enough to warrant bimax. My lips line with my brow ridge, though I’d like more of an ante face.

not a true side profile, i know, but gives an indication of where I’m at

View attachment 895811 View attachment 895813
Note the pointy chin. I have a pretty wide bigonial width, but the chin mandible narrows substantially. What osteotomy would you recommend to bring the chin forward a few mm, without compromising my gonial angle?

You have a near perfect face if that's you

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
How old are you ? Do u think get bimax at 27 its worth it ?

early 20s, if your very recessed or have big sleep apnea = yes. otherwise no, this surgery is not the magic operation that ascends anybody who gets it done, like its often spouted as being on here.

B

bysontallou

Trainee
Time online
13h 54m
Ramieri has good results overall on his IG, and I've never heard any serious complaints about him butchering anybody or something like that, he also offers a very decent price too.

Had I known I was going to get 2 very small scars on either side of my jaw, and that chin wing was not on the table anymore, I probably would've gone to Pagnoni for the ramus widening reason like you said. Even though he costs more, I need implants now anyway so the cost of those + bimax with Ramieri is probably equal to Pagnoni's price of bimax + ramus widening in 1 surgery. It also saves time and extra travel+hotel costs, of having to be operated on twice.

If you just want a bimax and your ramus is already decent, I think Ramieri is a good option still. He is conservative and wont give you a chimp lip, but in my case maybe I would've suited a more daring surgical plan imo, my lower jaw to me is still too short, and mouth position still too deep set.

It must be said as well though, my base was extremely recessed, probably more recessed than 98% of guys on this site imo.

Could you PM me Pagnoni and Ramieri's prices?

livelaughlooksmax

livelaughlooksmax

Amateur
Time online
7d 12h 5m
First thing to do is get consult online which cost 60 euros.

Then we agreed surgery date for 1month later.

I fly to Italy few days earlier than surgery, to enjoy Italy, to get CT Scan before surgery, then after I got CT Scan on same day we had surgical planning meeting right after.

Then 3days later, operation is performed at 7am. Then i stay in his clinic 2days post op.

After released from clinic, 5more days in hotel, eating only soup. On 5th day Ramieri checks myy recovery, gives me go ahead to fly home. Fly home next day, and thats it, recovery eatong and sleep became much easier after first 8days.

On 8th day you can eat soft foods without straw.

2weeks post op, you can eat almost anything except tough foods like steak and pork.

Extra costs for flights hotel food Ct Scan was 2k euros.
Amazing you got bimax 1 month from your consult. I had to wait 1 year and 4 months total.

MakinItHappen

MakinItHappen

Looks, Charisma, Masculine Virtues
Time online
67d 18h 5m
What were you out of 10 going into the operation and what weeks erases were you looking to fix?

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
What were you out of 10 going into the operation and what weeks erases were you looking to fix?
Like 3/10 overall, but side profile was 2/10, now side profile is 4/10. Biggest flaw was my jaw which would be an underbite if i didnt have braces when younger.

MakinItHappen

MakinItHappen

Time online
67d 18h 5m
Like 3/10 overall, but side profile was 2/10, now side profile is 4/10. Biggest flaw was my jaw which would be an underbite if i didnt have braces when younger.

Respect for being real and honest man and not having a fragile ego like most on here to admit.

If you ever feel comfortable showing me your before and after in PM or via email, please do. I would never let your before or even after shots loose in this wild.

Will the side-profile hopefully move up to a 5/10? And do you plan on having any other further surgeries?

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
Respect for being real and honest man and not having a fragile ego like most on here to admit.

If you ever feel comfortable showing me your before and after in PM or via email, please do. I would never let your before or even after shots loose in this wild.

Will the side-profile hopefully move up to a 5/10? And do you plan on having any other further surgeries?
Thank you bro, yes i will pm you pics since i trust you.

I think a rhinoplasty will take it to 5/10.

My future surgeries are rhinoplasty, zygo or infraorbital implants to balance upper midface with to the maxilla, and ramus implants because my bimax left this area behind and recessed/undersized still.

sorrowfulsad

sorrowfulsad

Wizard
Time online
44d 18h 22m

My future surgeries are rhinoplasty, zygo or infraorbital implants to balance upper midface with to the maxilla, and ramus implants because my bimax left this area behind and recessed/undersized still.
mirin your dedication. thanks for your post btw, I just sent ramirie a request for the same procedure :)
Do think I could get the surgery in the next 1 to 3 months? Like how long does it take now if I got the money?

DatGuyYouLike

DatGuyYouLike

Zephir
Time online
71d 23h 8m
mirin your dedication. thanks for your post btw, I just sent ramirie a request for the same procedure :)
Do think I could get the surgery in the next 1 to 3 months? Like how long does it take now if I got the money?
Took me 1 month from first (and only) online consultation. Organise an online consultation fast as possible, thats when he knows your serious to make a surgical booking.

MakinItHappen

MakinItHappen

Time online
67d 18h 5m

Nice man. 15k I would say was a very neat-price. Really happy for you man.

I'd like to see your results as I think I've decided it's best this is what I get, particularly for the right side of my face. I don't want to rely on MSE for expansion and to see where that goes.

It will be insanely interesting to see how far you are able to come with all those surgeries. I will PM you now for the before and after as I am intrigued and wish to move forward with bimax myself.