Had Bimax CCW Genio with Dr Ramieri, AMA

So then what did CCW physically make better on your face?

My occlusal plane, so that my mouth and centre of the jaw that is between chin and ramus, became more parallel to the floor.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Deleted member 1849
My occlusal plane, so that my mouth and centre of the jaw that is between chin and ramus, became more parallel to the floor.
What would you say is the ideal gonial angle*

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Gaia262
IMPORTANT TO ADD;

Bimax with Ramieri means you will have 2 small external scars on both lower cheeks, just before the ramus above the jaw bone. He does it mostly internally, but there will be 2 small scars on your cheeks from this procedure, he uses it to get access to the jaw from the outside.

He didn't mention this would happen, but maybe thats my fault for not asking, because I simply presumed bimax was performed entirely through the mouth giving only internal scars.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, fernandobrocolli, Pumanator and 4 others
IMPORTANT TO ADD;

Bimax with Ramieri means you will have 2 small external scars on both lower cheeks, just before the ramus above the jaw bone. He does it mostly internally, but there will be 2 small scars on your cheeks from this procedure, he uses it to get access to the jaw from the outside.

He didn't mention this would happen, but maybe thats my fault for not asking, because I simply presumed bimax was performed entirely through the mouth giving only internal scars.
thats not a problem, right? you can easily cover with a bit of makeup or am i stupid

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet
something between 100 to 95 degrees imo, but its subjective.
Yea what jaw is ideal is somewhat subjective but everyones jaw should be angular.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
thats not a problem, right? you can easily cover with a bit of makeup or am i stupid

Im never wearing makeup and I dont look good at all with beard, so its a bit of a problem tbh. Just makes you look less natural imo, since the scars are symmetrical to each other, both sides in the same place and size.

• +1
Reactions: fernandobrocolli and to_stop_da_cope

You get a scar similar position shape and size to this, on both sides;

4a60a1173164f6d2f2013277462f3366.png

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, Pumanator and to_stop_da_cope
What do you think about lip filler or lip lift on guys?

What do you think about lip filler or lip lift on guys?
high risk to look like a fag, not worth the risk unless your lips are a huge failo for some reason.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, to_stop_da_cope and Phillybeard1996
@DatGuyYouLike hey man, what do you think of getting a bimax if my lower and upper jaws arent necessarily "recessed" but rather my upper maxilla still allows me to advance them comfortably without it resulting in "chimpface"?

What do you think about when a guy with a nose like this
got bimax? In your opinion how would bimax impact this kind of a nose?

Will the skull structure be fundamentally weaker after bimax?

@DatGuyYouLike hey man, what do you think of getting a bimax if my lower and upper jaws arent necessarily "recessed" but rather my upper maxilla still allows me to advance them comfortably without it resulting in "chimpface"?

What do you think about when a guy with a nose like this got bimax? In your opinion how would bimax impact this kind of a nose?

Will the skull structure be fundamentally weaker after bimax?

It would help a little yes, but is it worth all the money, time and recovery for less improvement/subtle improvement? You will also need to get upper midface implant after, to keep the harmony, so its a big investment to commit to. Also your nose will widen from the front noticeably, and you will probably want a rhinoplasty afterwards too.

IMO its not worth all the aggravation and money if your side profile is similar to Nixons.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, oatmeal and Mongrelcel
It would help a little yes, but is it worth all the money, time and recovery for less improvement/subtle improvement? You will also need to get upper midface implant after, to keep the harmony, so its a big investment to commit to. Also your nose will widen from the front noticeably, and you will probably want a rhinoplasty afterwards too.

IMO its not worth all the aggravation and money if your side profile is similar to Nixons.
Thanks for the response fren

No you misunderstood - only my lf1 area is recessed, my upper maxilla, forward and cheekbones are fine - that means bimax would help "match" the lower third to the upper one.

https://looksmax.org/threads/crash-...rthognatic-surgery-and-who-likely-wont.90880/
I dont know if you have read this thread, but I belong to the group with "good" cranial base angle

My only concern is pretty much just my nose - I cant get rhino afterwards because my nose size is proportional right now, a rhino would make it too small and feminine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
Thanks for the response fren

No you misunderstood - only my lf1 area is recessed, my upper maxilla, forward and cheekbones are fine - that means bimax would help "match" the lower third to the upper one.

https://looksmax.org/threads/crash-...rthognatic-surgery-and-who-likely-wont.90880/
I dont know if you have read this thread, but I belong to the group with "good" cranial base angle

My only concern is pretty much just my nose - I cant get rhino afterwards because my nose size is proportional right now, a rhino would make it too small and feminine

pm me pics, ill keep private. This is too complicated to be advised via imagination

• +1
Since you say Ramieri no longer does the mini chin wing during bimax, would you recommend going to another surgeon instead? And would you have gone to someone else if you knew Ramieri no longer did it?

I had been considering Ramieri precisely because of his mini chin wing procedure dhring bimax, but if he no longer offers it I wonder if I might be better off with someone like Pagnoni or Raffaini - especially since Pagnoni can widen the gonions during bimax apparently.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, lenin and ascentium
Since you say Ramieri no longer does the mini chin wing during bimax, would you recommend going to another surgeon instead? And would you have gone to someone else if you knew Ramieri no longer did it?

I had been considering Ramieri precisely because of his mini chin wing procedure dhring bimax, but if he no longer offers it I wonder if I might be better off with someone like Pagnoni or Raffaini - especially since Pagnoni can widen the gonions during bimax apparently.

Ramieri has good results overall on his IG, and I've never heard any serious complaints about him butchering anybody or something like that, he also offers a very decent price too.

Had I known I was going to get 2 very small scars on either side of my jaw, and that chin wing was not on the table anymore, I probably would've gone to Pagnoni for the ramus widening reason like you said. Even though he costs more, I need implants now anyway so the cost of those + bimax with Ramieri is probably equal to Pagnoni's price of bimax + ramus widening in 1 surgery. It also saves time and extra travel+hotel costs, of having to be operated on twice.

If you just want a bimax and your ramus is already decent, I think Ramieri is a good option still. He is conservative and wont give you a chimp lip, but in my case maybe I would've suited a more daring surgical plan imo, my lower jaw to me is still too short, and mouth position still too deep set.

It must be said as well though, my base was extremely recessed, probably more recessed than 98% of guys on this site imo.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, Deleted member 2816, fernandobrocolli and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, oatmeal, ascentium and 1 other person
IMPORTANT TO ADD;

You could probably fade them away with co2 laser and microneedling

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Deleted member 4797
15k euro, 2k euro more for flights food ct scan and hotel costs.

Didn’t need braces as my bite was perfect (had braces during puberty) l, and dont need braces post op.

I feel the limiting factor was not having pre surgical orthodontics.

If you removed the premolars and decompensated the teeth he would of been able to advance the mandible further.

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Gigan, lutte and 1 other person

If you removed the premolars and decompensated the teeth he would of been able to advance the mandible further.

I dont think so, TheLordMadness didnt get teeth decompensated and still got almost 1cm BSSO,8-9mm semi chinwing

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
You get a scar similar position shape and size to this, on both sides;

4a60a1173164f6d2f2013277462f3366.png
None will care about those scars unless they notice they are symmetrical and that's unlikely being that small

Any difference in breathing?

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and bysontallou
When you mean ramus widening, it's making it flared out right? So having sharp gonions ?
And what's the average price of that? Seems dope if not too risky.
Yes; in the BSSO component of DJS the ramus of the mandible gets separated from the mandibular body and hence can be rotated outwards, with the point of rotation being the mandibular condyle within the TMJ. However, the degree of rotation (and hence bigonial width gain) is limited by impaction of the jaw condyle within the glenoid fossa. You can imagine that if you swing it too much one way the ball of a ball and socket joint will start to crush against the socket. The gonions won’t necessarily become sharp though (?), only their horizontal position gets changed

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ascentium and Deleted member 3043
How old are you ? Do u think get bimax at 27 its worth it ?

Scars are masculine

This isn’t normal, right?
I didnt think so, its usually not reported by bimax patients. Make sure to ask ur surgeon if there will be external scars bevause its a possibility now we know.

• +1

My bite was perfect beforehand so it wasnt necessary (had braces as teenager which masked underbite)

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
My bite was perfect beforehand so it wasnt necessary (had braces as teenager which masked underbite)

That's known as camouflage orthodontics. Your bite isn't perfect if they were masking it.

It just appears to be perfect.

@Sergio-OMS thoughts? Could he of got a larger movement of his mandible had he done decompensation first?

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, oatmeal and Boldandbeautiful
i feel my maxilla & midface are slightly recessed, but not enough to warrant bimax. My lips line with my brow ridge, though I’d like more of an ante face.

not a true side profile, i know, but gives an indication of where I’m at

View attachment 895811 View attachment 895813
Note the pointy chin. I have a pretty wide bigonial width, but the chin mandible narrows substantially. What osteotomy would you recommend to bring the chin forward a few mm, without compromising my gonial angle?

You have a near perfect face if that's you

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, oatmeal, ascentium and 1 other person
How old are you ? Do u think get bimax at 27 its worth it ?

early 20s, if your very recessed or have big sleep apnea = yes. otherwise no, this surgery is not the magic operation that ascends anybody who gets it done, like its often spouted as being on here.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Pumanator and RIPPED IRL
Ramieri has good results overall on his IG, and I've never heard any serious complaints about him butchering anybody or something like that, he also offers a very decent price too.

Had I known I was going to get 2 very small scars on either side of my jaw, and that chin wing was not on the table anymore, I probably would've gone to Pagnoni for the ramus widening reason like you said. Even though he costs more, I need implants now anyway so the cost of those + bimax with Ramieri is probably equal to Pagnoni's price of bimax + ramus widening in 1 surgery. It also saves time and extra travel+hotel costs, of having to be operated on twice.

If you just want a bimax and your ramus is already decent, I think Ramieri is a good option still. He is conservative and wont give you a chimp lip, but in my case maybe I would've suited a more daring surgical plan imo, my lower jaw to me is still too short, and mouth position still too deep set.

It must be said as well though, my base was extremely recessed, probably more recessed than 98% of guys on this site imo.

Could you PM me Pagnoni and Ramieri's prices?

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and lenin
First thing to do is get consult online which cost 60 euros.

Then we agreed surgery date for 1month later.

I fly to Italy few days earlier than surgery, to enjoy Italy, to get CT Scan before surgery, then after I got CT Scan on same day we had surgical planning meeting right after.

Then 3days later, operation is performed at 7am. Then i stay in his clinic 2days post op.

After released from clinic, 5more days in hotel, eating only soup. On 5th day Ramieri checks myy recovery, gives me go ahead to fly home. Fly home next day, and thats it, recovery eatong and sleep became much easier after first 8days.

On 8th day you can eat soft foods without straw.

2weeks post op, you can eat almost anything except tough foods like steak and pork.

Extra costs for flights hotel food Ct Scan was 2k euros.
Amazing you got bimax 1 month from your consult. I had to wait 1 year and 4 months total.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, Pumanator and Deleted member 4797
What were you out of 10 going into the operation and what weeks erases were you looking to fix?

• +1
What were you out of 10 going into the operation and what weeks erases were you looking to fix?
Like 3/10 overall, but side profile was 2/10, now side profile is 4/10. Biggest flaw was my jaw which would be an underbite if i didnt have braces when younger.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Deleted member 6908
Like 3/10 overall, but side profile was 2/10, now side profile is 4/10. Biggest flaw was my jaw which would be an underbite if i didnt have braces when younger.

Respect for being real and honest man and not having a fragile ego like most on here to admit.

If you ever feel comfortable showing me your before and after in PM or via email, please do. I would never let your before or even after shots loose in this wild.

Will the side-profile hopefully move up to a 5/10? And do you plan on having any other further surgeries?

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, ascentium and Deleted member 4797
Respect for being real and honest man and not having a fragile ego like most on here to admit.

If you ever feel comfortable showing me your before and after in PM or via email, please do. I would never let your before or even after shots loose in this wild.

Will the side-profile hopefully move up to a 5/10? And do you plan on having any other further surgeries?
Thank you bro, yes i will pm you pics since i trust you.

I think a rhinoplasty will take it to 5/10.

My future surgeries are rhinoplasty, zygo or infraorbital implants to balance upper midface with to the maxilla, and ramus implants because my bimax left this area behind and recessed/undersized still.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator, Deleted member 6908 and oatmeal

My future surgeries are rhinoplasty, zygo or infraorbital implants to balance upper midface with to the maxilla, and ramus implants because my bimax left this area behind and recessed/undersized still.
mirin your dedication. thanks for your post btw, I just sent ramirie a request for the same procedure :)
Do think I could get the surgery in the next 1 to 3 months? Like how long does it take now if I got the money?

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and Deleted member 4797
mirin your dedication. thanks for your post btw, I just sent ramirie a request for the same procedure :)
Do think I could get the surgery in the next 1 to 3 months? Like how long does it take now if I got the money?
Took me 1 month from first (and only) online consultation. Organise an online consultation fast as possible, thats when he knows your serious to make a surgical booking.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet and sorrowfulsad

Nice man. 15k I would say was a very neat-price. Really happy for you man.

I'd like to see your results as I think I've decided it's best this is what I get, particularly for the right side of my face. I don't want to rely on MSE for expansion and to see where that goes.

It will be insanely interesting to see how far you are able to come with all those surgeries. I will PM you now for the before and after as I am intrigued and wish to move forward with bimax myself.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
Wont post pics but will answer all questions honestly and detailed as possible.

Currently 2.5weeks post op.

Good choice to not post pics. Ramieri changed his prices from 15k to 20k(including the high cheek implants) since people shared their results. They think they are doing good to share results but in fact they are unintentionally promote these surgeons and later on their prices will be higher, therefore it will fucks us(people who plan to have future surgery)

This is what happen with Andreischnev as well. Mfker he ain t cheap anymore.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MandibularCel, Pumanator, Boldandbeautiful and 1 other person
Good choice to not post pics. Ramieri changed his prices from 15k to 20k(including the high cheek implants) since people shared their results. They think they are doing good to share results but in fact they are unintentionally promote these surgeons and later on their prices will be higher, therefore it will fucks us(people who plan to have future surgery)

Damn I didn't know he put his prices up, if its still 15k euro for just bimax genio, then they haven't changed. 5k more for custom cheekbone implants seems like a pretty good deal to me imo.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, Hightwolf, Pumanator and 1 other person
Damn I didn't know he put his prices up, if its still 15k euro for just bimax genio, then they haven't changed. 5k more for custom cheekbone implants seems like a pretty good deal to me imo.
Idk seems abit risky to trust Ramieri to do the midface implants? I think it would be criminal to not consult with both eppley and yaremchuck before doing any midface work.

My surgeon is 30k for foreigners and 20k for locals. Sadshit for me tho ecspecially now that @DatGuyYouLike strongly advises orbital rim implants, looksmaxing is gonna end up costing me the gdp of cuba.

• So Sad
  • +1
Idk seems abit risky to trust Ramieri to do the midface implants? I think it would be criminal to not consult with both eppley and yaremchuck before doing any midface work.

Yes its of course assuming Ramieri has some good results to show before committing to him.

Eppley and Yaremchuk are just too expensive (because they monopolised the market for so long), 15k dollars and price of flying all the way to America, back and forth, I cant afford that.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Hightwolf and Boldandbeautiful
Yes its of course assuming Ramieri has some good results to show before committing to him.

Eppley and Yaremchuk are just too expensive (because they monopolised the market for so long), 15k dollars and price of flying all the way to America, back and forth, I cant afford that.
You NEED their opinion as a minimum, just so you get an idea of mm movements they would do. I don't think that could be determined through an online consult, even with cbct imaging.

I'm just worried that as looksmaxxers, we should strive for a chadlike result and ramieri is known to be quite conservative, so even if he has good results, maybe he left mm's on the table. He might need to be persuaded to do more, just like when you pushed for more bsso and for some reason ended up with lots of chin.

• +1