Hairmax: Stop styling your hair backwards

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
By this I mean slickbacks/pompadours and am referring to the top hair only:

6FC1D79E F4F6 43C7 B560 7C3B8E341B58

- This does nothing good for your face or bone structure, in-fact it can make some people look more bloated.
- Accentuates recession if your balding.
- Looks too try-hard.

The only people that look good with this hair are good looking celebs/models due to their face having very good bone structure already.

What you want to do is either:

- Style your top hair sideways (curtains):

7A763E62 E8F8 4525 A3A0 A1393891B8C9

Or

- Style your top hair forwards (messy fringe/quiff):

CC455B76 28D5 461C 9B41 80B88F629C16

Styling your hair forwards will actually give the best structure and is what your hair wants to do anyways.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, Mike95, PrisonMike and 19 others
Cope Stephen James Has High Sex Appeal and he always has a Slickback.

• +1
Reactions: SoyGune
Cope Stephen James Has High Sex Appeal and he always has a Slickback.
Did you even read what I said? Look at Stephen’s bone structure, that’s why it looks good on him.

• +1
Reactions: Kade and BigBiceps
shit thread kys, most people look like shit with curtains

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099, SexyMofo, Deleted member 6113 and 7 others
shit thread kys, most people look like shit with curtains
Style your hair forwards then, I think that’s the best style and better than curtains anyways.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kade
2D456DA3 208B 4A6D A0BC F13CB5CC7F6D
mix is perfect
but op is right, i rarely look good with hairbackwards
single hair on my forehead give me this "dynamic" I look better

• +1
Reactions: I'mme, PjSon, Deleted member 470 and 1 other person
Good for norwooders too

• +1
Reactions: KDA Player
Style your hair forwards then, I think that’s the best style and better than curtains anyways.

fringe looks even worse on me, anything that covers the forehead highlights how shitty my face structure is. honestly nobody gives a shit how you style your hair, unless you're in highschool

fringe looks even worse on me, anything that covers the forehead highlights how shitty my face structure is. honestly nobody gives a shit how you style your hair, unless you're in highschool
Try forward messy hair that doesn’t cover your forehead then, anything else will just make you look worse.

How your hair looks does make a difference to your face. People won’t care about the hair, but they do care about what affect the hair has on your FACE.

• +1
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy
This is all relative to face shape dude.

You in no way whatsoever can have a one size fits all.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5683 and EllenJoy
This is all relative to face shape dude.

You in no way whatsoever can have a one size fits all.
Im not telling you to style it in only one way, there’s different ways to style your hair, it’s just that styling it backwards provides no actual benefits to your face shape and even makes some shapes look bloated. You need good bone structure to pull it off.

I think that medium length, forward styled hair provides the best look and structural benefits for the vast majority of people. The sides of your hair are more important in regards to face shape.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908
No hair styling for your face

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7042
8EBA1479 8CEB 4E4E 9E12 B8B7A678C24E

cope

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: maxmendietta and Deleted member 110
Good thread.

But do not do curtains if you have a weak chin, it makes it look worse

By this I mean slickbacks/pompadours and am referring to the top hair only:

View attachment 419698

- This does nothing good for your face or bone structure, in-fact it can make some people look more bloated.
- Accentuates recession if your balding.
- Looks too try-hard.

The only people that look good with this hair are good looking celebs/models due to their face having very good bone structure already.

What you want to do is either:

- Style your top hair sideways (curtains):

View attachment 419700

Or

- Style your top hair forwards (messy fringe/quiff):

View attachment 419707

Styling your hair forwards will actually give the best structure and is what your hair wants to do anyways.
Legit tbh

Also
s

What if you have a vertically narrow face?

Just do a man bun or no balls.

You can only make it work if you have gigachad lower third

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
Shut up, show me a pic of him with forward hair and let’s compare.

Also what is that retarded beard that’s covering half his face jfl
low T response, keep barking

• +1
Reactions: maxmendietta, Chadeep and Deleted member 5393
Cope, I think bones mean everything, It's almost impossible to cover your jaw with hair, if you not chewbacca-maxx.
Hairstyle mostly depends on your skull size and shape. facts

Cope, I think bones mean everything, It's almost impossible to cover your jaw with hair, if you not chewbacca-maxx.
Baldcel cope

• JFL
Reactions: the_german2003
Bones are most important; if you have top tier bones, hair isn’t that important.

But not everyone has top tier bones; if you are average to above average looking, you NEED to max your hair game to look your best. Hair can increase or decrease your current looks.

I’m saying don’t slick your hair back because it doesn’t add any benefits to your face/bones and can even make people look more bloated. Putting your hair forwards accentuates the facial structure the most, which is why people should do it.
What if you have a vertically narrow face?
Then this advice still holds.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5393 and Kade
I use a ponytail 24/7, so my hair is always pulled back and it looks great. This post only applies to people with shit hairlines

just use an outlier 99.999th percentile guy to prove a point bro
I mean Slickback Looks High Class. But I prefer Fringe Tbh. Less maintenance

• +1
Reactions: Kade
I mean Slickback Looks High Class. But I prefer Fringe Tbh. Less maintenance
yeah but the point is a majority of guys will look weird using that style cuz they’re not chad

i agree it can look cool on certain guys but OP is talking about the best hairstyles that are actually applicable to people here

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
yeah but the point is a majority of guys will look weird using that style cuz they’re not chad

i agree it can look cool on certain guys but OP is talking about the best hairstyles that are actually applicable to people here
I agree with OP tbh. Short hair looks good on men not everyone can pull off that long haired Thor hairstyle.

I use a ponytail 24/7, so my hair is always pulled back and it looks great. This post only applies to people with shit hairlines
A ponytail isn’t technically a slick back/pompadour.

But most importantly, have you compared it to having your hair forward? Your hair looking good with ponytail most likely means you have good bone structure/face, I’ve already said that people with good bone structure can pull of slicked back hair.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie
A ponytail isn’t technically a slick back/pompadour.

But most importantly, have you compared it to having your hair forward? Your hair looking good with ponytail most likely means you have good bone structure/face, I’ve already said that people with good bone structure can pull of slicked back hair.
Hair is fully pulled back tho.
In my case, while I was growing out my hair I used to style to my sides( it was a longish hair Curtains) and It didn't look as good. I guess it does really depend on the person. There is never a hairstyle that fits everyone

Baldcel cope
Flex on you bro I am the haircell master in person. Thickest best quality hair my barbers have ever seen. Never going bald... Not even using any products just the good northern genes.

• JFL
Hair is fully pulled back tho.
In my case, while I was growing out my hair I used to style to my sides( it was a longish hair Curtains) and It didn't look as good. I guess it does really depend on the person. There is never a hairstyle that fits everyone
Have you tried hair forward though? That gives your face the best structure.

Have you tried hair forward though? That gives your face the best structure.
Nope, not yet. I might if I ever cut my hair short.Thanks for the post mate

• +1
Strongly disagree with forward styling unless you're Asian. Side-parts are the way to go.

• +1
Reactions: I'mme
Mostly true for recessed non-gigachads, I had the "slicked back" style until my temples receded too much and it just started looking like shit. Now I cope by brushing hair near my temples over the bald areas.

Last edited:
Strongly disagree with forward styling unless you're Asian. Side-parts are the way to go.
This makes no sense, forward messy hair halos your face and bone structure the most, look at the Tik Tok boys who do it as an example. Side parts are try hard and too neat, again only a chad can pull them off.

• +1
Reactions: I'mme and Deleted member 5393
dude @JamesHowlett do you have examples of the forward hair styles? thanks

yes I notice a lot of instagram prettyboys have hair pulled forward. its the new trend for some reason.

Depends on your skull shape...

Depends on your skull shape...
Hairstyle does depend on face/skull shape, but my advice here doesn’t.

All I’m saying, is don’t style your hair backwards unless you have chad bone structure.