Happiness is NOT subjective

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
This is a response thread to this thread from BlkPillPres: https://incels.is/threads/hard-to-s...xist-female-validation-is-not-valuable.98899/

I massively disagree with him about this part:

Happiness is subjective, it is rarely if ever truly attained because its standard is determined by the beliefs and mindset of the person chasing after it, it is dictated by two variables (Personal Standards and/or Ignorance of Standards). There are people out there in life whose lives are complete shit in comparison to ours in terms of standards of living, but they are "happier" than us, and they want to keep living while we feel suicidal, and that's because of:

1. Personal Standards - Their standards for existence are low, they don't want for much, could be because they'd suffered so much in life before that the meager pleasures they have now are enough in comparison to the past, could be because they have low self esteem and consider what they currently have "enough for someone like me", at the end of the day, they are "happy" based on the standards of living they have for their own life.

2. Ignorance of Standards - They are unaware of how much better their standards of living could be (e.g. someone born in some remote/tribal village/community with barely any technology). For example someone born in an amish community and is never exposed to any technology or modern media, or someone born in a monastery in some mountain in china and they have never left that community. They likely feel more satisfied and fulfilled with life than we ever will, but that's simply because they don't know what they are missing out on. If a 10/10 stacy walked up into said monastery in a bikini and an Ipad with a movie playing on it, that same guy who had "discovered nirvana" (a state of perfect happiness and enlightenment) would lose his shit and that would throw his peace out the window, he'll now realize many things he wanted deep down that he wasn't even truly aware of, entertainment, to have his lust satiated rather than repressed and controlled, etc.

Yea, no.

Happiness is not subjective or about "personal standards". That's an epic cope. You are biologically hardwired to seek out pleasure and things that you can enjoy. This is the reason for why in past eras humans drank and fucked much more often than in modern times, it's because there simply wasn't much of anything else to do prior to modern entertainment. Westerners don't understand how lucky they are. The horrifying reality is, that quality of life for the proportional majority of the planet for all of history has been fucking garbage. Why do you think religion was so popular until recently? It's because most people knew their lives were shit so they prayed for a better existence in the "afterlife". It's also the reason why religion basically just died off once standards of living actually went up, because at that point nobody cared anymore.

Lmao at this bullshit about "personal standards". Happiness is objective, and no matter what anybody says MORE is BETTER. If you have more money, you WILL be happier. If you have more sex with more hot women, you WILL be happier. If you have more stuff (assuming you are collecting stuff you are actually interested in) you WILL be happier. If you have more good food, you WILL be happier.

The idea that people can't be unhappy with their lives because they are ignorant of how much better other peoples lives are is a joke. If you work 12 hours a day in a hard job, eat shit food and have almost no good entertainment then you will not be that happy. Period. For most humans life is shite.

• +1
Reactions: Demir and skittlekorn
Not a single word.

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian
You both have good points, but I am too lazy to write an actual response to this.

What’s the point of this article?

Didn’t read single word

• +1
Reactions: Limerencel
The happiest person I’ve ever known was dirt poor.

Obviously this is only one example but I don’t think happiness is something you can find in the outside world, I do believe it comes from within yourself.

• +1
Reactions: Ritalincel
Happiness is not subjective or about "personal standards". That's an epic cope. You are biologically hardwired to seek out pleasure and things that you can enjoy. This is the reason for why in past eras humans drank and fucked much more often than in modern times, it's because there simply wasn't much of anything else to do prior to modern entertainment. Westerners don't understand how lucky they are. The horrifying reality is, that quality of life for the proportional majority of the planet for all of history has been fucking garbage. Why do you think religion was so popular until recently? It's because most people knew their lives were shit so they prayed for a better existence in the "afterlife". It's also the reason why religion basically just died off once standards of living actually went up, because at that point nobody cared anymore.

This is erroneous in so many ways.

Nothing beats hunter-gatherer ancestral living, if you look at the researches that studied tribes living in ancestral fashion, you observe that they are much happier than westerners, with depression and suicide being nearly inexistent.

Religion evolves when tribes become too large, as the group gets larger people you meet become more frequently strangers, to conserve social cohesion, religion emerges with moral stance mainly to coerce individuals to continue acting in the best interest of everyone in the group, to adjust from individuals selfish inclination. Faith in religions is disappearing because the governments are better than they used to at enforcing legislation (you don't need to make people afraid of hell to disincentivize them to act in the wrong way) and because science offered a more satisfactory descriptive representation of the world, both of those elements making religions obsolete.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BonesAndHarmony, Chigga and Arkantos
Happiness is objective, and no matter what anybody says MORE is BETTER. If you have more money, you WILL be happier. If you have more sex with more hot women, you WILL be happier. If you have more stuff (assuming you are collecting stuff you are actually interested in) you WILL be happier. If you have more good food, you WILL be happier.

i disagree with this. chad isnt happy with my oneitis, while i would b

• +1
Reactions: Demir
blackopstruecel
s

Lived in a car for 1 week, now im happy that I have a bed even as shitty as it was, I have diharrea for 2 weeks, every poop that is solid is a happy moment for me, try stoicism and actually like life. If you cant feel happy bcoz youre not a bilionare get some jewish pills bcoz youre fucked

just like beauty is not subjective sadly