Help! I lost hope for my skin

TheLordMadness

TheLordMadness

There’s no peace
I started following the Astrosky skinroutine for 2-3 months, this:
D0B37E81 DDDB 4D1E 9C8E 76F3066BA011

I have not seen any improvement, I followed practically everything literally, as a cleanser and mosturizer I use Cerave products, I use the liquid version of the tretinoin at 0.5%, I have also used the derminator for two weeks so in total 2 sessions so I can't say whether it is legit or not. But otherwise my skin continues to be dry, with spots, I do not suffer from heavy acne, however, I often get pimples that leave their mark for weeks. furthermore, my shitty low t beard irritates my skin which is constantly red and full of ingrown hairs. My neck is always inflamed and full of ingrown hair. From the photos it looks better than reality. Don’t comment on my beard, i know is shit, i left it only for the photo
This is my skin now:
EC5B9647 49BE 4495 8675 3A741ABF66B1

470D1882 18DB 4772 8C20 8A38C3FFB21F

A44ECC16 6331 4729 B1AA 451E93BE7933

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Halotestin
You're dehydrated (and also possibly dry) as all hell my dude.

You're dehydrated (and also possibly dry) as all hell my dude.
Why?? I use mosturize twice a day and i drink at least 1,5-2 l of whater a day

Why?? I use mosturize twice a day and i drink at least 1,5-2 l of whater a day
Most moisturisers will do just that. Moisturise. They tend to not do a whole lot for hydration. With using tretinoin you need humectants and an occlusive on top.
As for drinking plenty, it's now thought that drinking a lot of water will likely not do much for the hydration of your skin.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, Ethnicsmatter and TheLordMadness
maybe cleanse less

I started following the Astrosky skinroutine for 2-3 months, this: View attachment 249370

I have not seen any improvement, I followed practically everything literally, as a cleanser and mosturizer I use Cerave products, I use the liquid version of the tretinoin at 0.5%, I have also used the derminator for two weeks so in total 2 sessions so I can't say whether it is legit or not. But otherwise my skin continues to be dry, with spots, I do not suffer from heavy acne, however, I often get pimples that leave their mark for weeks. furthermore, my shitty low t beard irritates my skin which is constantly red and full of ingrown hairs. My neck is always inflamed and full of ingrown hair. From the photos it looks better than reality. Don’t comment on my beard, i know is shit, i left it only for the photo
This is my skin now: View attachment 249373
View attachment 249374
View attachment 249379
ditch retin A and start red light therapy

• +1
Reactions: TheLordMadness
I must also say that I am bulking and eating badly, maybe that also have an affects

Is this indentation from your surgery? Add a thin layer of occlusive late at night if you are still having problems with dry skin and a humidifier like HA.

• +1
Reactions: hopelessphoenix
Bro I may have the solution.

In my apartment I have a water softener because the city I live in puts a bunch of minerals into the water so we need a water softer so that it does not wreck appliances. Long story short I started to only drink distilled water and my skin improved a lot. Also try showing in cold water only

• +1
Reactions: hopelessphoenix
Is the indentation from your jaw surgery?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849 and anti caking agents
I started following the Astrosky skinroutine for 2-3 months, this: View attachment 249370

View attachment 249374
View attachment 249379
try red light/blue light therapy. doing 30 minutes of red light and 20 of blue light a day. so far acne is better and skin is smoother, the combination of the lights on your skin literally shrinks your pore size.

@TheLordMadness update ?

View attachment 455527

Is this indentation from your surgery? Add a thin layer of occlusive late at night if you are still having problems with dry skin and a humidifier like HA.

View attachment 455527

I was swollen but yes it is, now i can only feel it when i touch my jaw but it’s invisible

Last edited:
Before changing anything, start using soft water and see if the problem goes away

@TheLordMadness update ?
I continued using retin a 0,5 till a month ago a then stopped for the summer and the sun exposition and it worked(now i use BHA twice a week at night) i also mosturized 3 times a day 2 with CeraVe and one with Aloe so my dry skin started feel better. Also one of my problem was shaving my beard and the irritation from it, now i use a different razor and i do it under hot shower and it’s really better. I started using red ligjt terapy some days ago so i cant really say if it’s legit or not. Also i stopped dermarolling, really not for me

You are a fucking slayer. I don't think your skin is that bad

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430
You are a fucking slayer. I don't think your skin is that bad
Believe me, i would like to agree with u.. but i cant be a slayer at 5’11 with 7,5cm of midface lenght :feelscry:

View attachment 249374
View attachment 249379
wow bro your skin is terrible

IMG 20200616 152039