Hoodingmaxxing/CTmaxxing 101

I've been doing this for 3 days, 7 minutes twice a day.
Not gonna assess legit results until around 2 weeks of doing it.
But, when I finish my eyebrow area is crazy numb, painful, cant feel when touched. But I dont think I get the 'pump' you refer to. Could you explain what this pump is?
@Truthmirrorcoper did you get the pump being referred to as you also had results?
It is basically like a normal muscle pump, the area is reddish and swole, meaning the hooding is temporarily a lot stronger
Like for Truthmirrorcoper it's opry hooding, for me aswell if on the already hooded level
Usually the numb feeling is there as well, because that's what the cold does

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906
Right, just to clarify then. When you dunk you head under you mention that one thing you would do is look down (obviously eye closed). Is there anything else you should do when dunking your head in to maximise exposure of coldness to the area we want to expose it too?
Also, did you get that opry hooding straight away after the first time you had done it or did it take a couple of weeks before you got your pump on the opry level?

• +1
Right, just to clarify then. When you dunk you head under you mention that one thing you would do is look down (obviously eye closed). Is there anything else you should do when dunking your head in to maximise exposure of coldness to the area we want to expose it too?
Also, did you get that opry hooding straight away after the first time you had done it or did it take a couple of weeks before you got your pump on the opry level?
If having the face inside the water isn't feeling as cold I always move the face around a bit, circulating new cold water to the eyes, that brings it to another level, do it by feel tho, can be very very cold that way
Also the opry pump needs a good amount of fat there, like it can't go from 0 fat to opry only with the pump, it should be noticeable for you that it looks a lil bit fuller tho, in the beginning it looks like the skin folds itself a bit lower but after some time it should get more and more visible for you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and bob2511
I've been doing this for 3 days, 7 minutes twice a day.
Not gonna assess legit results until around 2 weeks of doing it.
But, when I finish my eyebrow area is crazy numb, painful, cant feel when touched. But I dont think I get the 'pump' you refer to. Could you explain what this pump is?
@Truthmirrorcoper did you get the pump being referred to as you also had results?
Yes i did and i never had to move my head around or anything the Walter was so Cold then When i went to the bathroom i my upper eyelid fat looked like it doubled. Even tho Im pretty satisfied with my eyes i Wanna keep getting the water colder and hopefully making some more progress if possible , i have This weird obsession with wanting as hooded eyes as possible jfl

• +1
Reactions: KnoxHarrington, Deleted member 906 and NoBonezForMoanz
Yes i did and i never had to move my head around or anything the Walter was so Cold then When i went to the bathroom i my upper eyelid fat looked like it doubled. Even tho Im pretty satisfied with my eyes i Wanna keep getting the water colder and hopefully making some more progress if possible , i have This weird obsession with wanting as hooded eyes as possible jfl
How long into doing the technique did you see it become swollen?

• +1
How long into doing the technique did you see it become swollen?
Pretty much at the start , the first few times i was a pussy with the coldness but when i brought it down then after maybe 2 -3 ish weeks i could clearly see fat storage i didn't have before. I dont really know exactly why it worked for me but it did , but as said for most people you prob wont see insane results unless your fat there was non existent but every little bit counts

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and NoBonezForMoanz
@NoBonezForMoanz Did your lower lids tighten at all?

• +1
@NoBonezForMoanz Did your lower lids tighten at all?
You mean the droopiness?
Not really, got a bit of fat in the face as I'm eating a lot lately, gotta keep them gainz comin, and now with the additional fat my undereyes are noticeably fuller, less dark, no change in droopiness tho
Kinda sucks that it's either fully lean without that dark undereyes or a bit of fat but kinda normal undereyes, maybe that fat will stay there after I lean up again, maybe you need slight overall fat gain for undereye fat gains unlike for brow fat

For the droop I just hold a slight permasquint when photos can be taken, if caught off guard it looks like a deer in the headlights like a female friend of mine said

• +1
Quick question, are there any side effects of doing this?
Would it reduce under-eye fat? Don't we want to maintain undereye fat to give youthful appearance?

• +1
I do it every evening (I started doing it 4 days ago). I take the bowl out of the fridge and put it in the freezer so that the water is covered with an extra layer of ice. Then I break the ice and the water is very cold. It is very painful but good for my skin. My pimples have already disappeared.

But there is one problem with my hooding. I have uneven eyelids (same as in the photo). Do you think that by doing this cold therapy my fat will align?

No under-eye support + uneven eyelids = over for me. It's the only bad thing in my face :feelswhy:

6080147df0ef440b450fe924c91b5235

• +1
I do it every evening (I started doing it 4 days ago). I take the bowl out of the fridge and put it in the freezer so that the water is covered with an extra layer of ice. Then I break the ice and the water is very cold. It is very painful but good for my skin. My pimples have already disappeared.

But there is one problem with my hooding. I have uneven eyelids (same as in the photo). Do you think that by doing this cold therapy my fat will align?

No under-eye support + uneven eyelids = over for me. It's the only bad thing in my face :feelswhy:

View attachment 536470
Bro pretty much everyone has this who have hooded eyes. O pry has one eyelid showing more , im pretty sure barrett does too cant remeber. But i have had the same thing i noticed tho i for some reason have one of my eyes more open which makes it look more hooded maybe it could be that for you too?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906, bonsai and NoBonezForMoanz

View attachment 536470
Well the fat pad shape will not change, but if UEE is reduced then this small asymmetry will probably not be seen that much because relative to the amount of mass there it will be a small part if you know what I mean

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and bonsai
I've been finishing with cold showers, baby steps.
Do you think one of those gel face maks could work (after putting them on the freezer, obv), seems like a less messy way to achieve the same cold.

• +1
I've been finishing with cold showers, baby steps.
Do you think one of those gel face maks could work (after putting them on the freezer, obv), seems like a less messy way to achieve the same cold.
Water just works a lot better because you've got direct skin contact everywhere while those masks or ice bags can't cover every mm of your skin around your eye, thus distributing a lot of the cold through air which is a lot less effective

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and siliconvalleycel
ok, i'm going to post my results in a month and a half of doing this ...

this is before it starts:
IMG 20200609 223445

this is what they look like now:
IMG 20200725 030724

In the 2 images I am in a resting position, clearly there is an improvement.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Deleted member 906, Deleted member 2846 and 2 others
Thought cold burns fat tho?

• +1
Thought cold burns fat tho?
Cold increases brown fat which is usually found surrounding vital organs
Since the eyes are so essential it increases fat around there to protect them from the cold

• +1
Reactions: 189, Deleted member 906 and Copemaxxing
Cold increases brown fat which is usually found surrounding vital organs
Since the eyes are so essential it increases fat around there to protect them from the cold
Yeah I already thought about it. Most ethnics meds have 404 fatpads Cause of no cold in their countrys

• +1
Yeah I already thought about it. Most ethnics meds have 404 fatpads Cause of no cold in their countrys
That is one thing, tribal africans like the Bushmen do have super hooded eyes even tho it's warm af there, it just shows that a healthy human should have good eye fat regardless of environment, but if something fucked it up while growing up one can restore it with cold

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and Copemaxxing
That is one thing, tribal africans like the Bushmen do have super hooded eyes even tho it's warm af there, it just shows that a healthy human should have good eye fat regardless of environment, but if something fucked it up while growing up one can restore it with cold
ngl if thats legit I am gonna be really happy

• +1
ngl if thats legit I am gonna be really happy
Bruh you don't know how happy I was back when I saw rhe first little increase in upper eyelid fat

• +1
Bruh you don't know how happy I was back when I saw rhe first little increase in upper eyelid fat
I need undereye fat mostly cause I literally have 0 undereye fat

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and goat2x
From what I know cold water or just a cold bag just make your face less puffy

• +1
I need undereye fat mostly cause I literally have 0 undereye fat
For undereyes you need to put on a bit of fat on your face overall, maybe it's just my case because of horrible undereye support by bone but I needed to bulk up a bit for the fat to get there
It did increase slightly with the cold alone under the eyes but the real shit comes wirh a bulk I guess

• +1
For undereyes you need to put on a bit of fat on your face overall, maybe it's just my case because of horrible undereye support by bone but I needed to bulk up a bit for the fat to get there
It did increase slightly with the cold alone under the eyes but the real shit comes wirh a bulk I guess
What if I gained the fat with bulking and than want to go lean again? Will the fat stay?

• +1
From what I know cold water or just a cold bag just make your face less puffy
It also helps with debloating yes which is even better as you get multiple effects at once
One user has reported reduction in acne iirc

• +1
What if I gained the fat with bulking and than want to go lean again? Will the fat stay?
Well that's the thing I still have to test out on myself, but I think the body should hold onto it if combined with cold as it understands that the fat there is important

• +1
So after doing this moderately consistently for the past 2 months or so, I'm starting to notice slight hooding on my eyes. It becomes more hooded directly after and it stays a little more hooded than normal afterwards thanks for the information on this thread and I will continue to do this twice a day until the hooding is even more pronounced 👍

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Deleted member 906, Deleted member 2846 and 2 others
So after doing this moderately consistently for the past 2 months or so, I'm starting to notice slight hooding on my eyes. It becomes more hooded directly after and it stays a little more hooded than normal afterwards thanks for the information on this thread and I will continue to do this twice a day until the hooding is even more pronounced 👍
PM pics?

• +1
Yea ill pm them but I don't really have a good before pic just one I took last year before I started mewing but I think it'll do

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Deleted member 906 and wasted
Embrace broken capillaries

• +1
Yea ill pm them but I don't really have a good before pic just one I took last year before I started mewing but I think it'll do
pm me as well

• +1
This is the before

Attachments

• 20200803_221301.jpg
    20200803_221301.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 241
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Deleted member 906, BradAniston and 1 other person
This is after

Attachments

• 20200803_221400.jpg
    20200803_221400.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 235
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, doll, Deleted member 906 and 2 others
wow major improvement. whats the technique to doing this?
So I started off dunking my face in ice water, there's a ton of ice in it. think of a large fast food cup of ice in a bowl thats just big enough for my face. I started off at 5 minutes or so once a day and then I'm up to about 10 minutes at once and then again for like 5 minutes (so twice a day). I do it after I shower since I'm warm so its not as painful. But you have to give it time ive done it for about 2 months without doing it for 2 weeks. Also these pics are me looking forward so they don't stay hooded throughout the day when I'm not looking forward. But Its still so exciting seeing how my eyes get fully hooded immediately after when I get the pump from it.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 906, NoBonezForMoanz, TheCowFucker and 1 other person
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and NVRH
So I started off dunking my face in ice water, there's a ton of ice in it. think of a large fast food cup of ice in a bowl thats just big enough for my face. I started off at 5 minutes or so once a day and then I'm up to about 10 minutes at once and then again for like 5 minutes (so twice a day). I do it after I shower since I'm warm so its not as painful. But you have to give it time ive done it for about 2 months without doing it for 2 weeks. Also these pics are me looking forward so they don't stay hooded throughout the day when I'm not looking forward. But Its still so exciting seeing how my eyes get fully hooded immediately after when I get the pump from it.
One tip to make sure you get the full amount of time is to go on YouTube and lookup "clock ticking sound". I do it each time and just count to 600 sec (10 min) until I'm done.

• +1
Any evidence to back up your claim?
Unfortunately not, but my guess is that extreme temperature changes (vasoconstriction => vasodilatation) can lead to "broken capillaries"(Telangiectasia) like most of the things that strongly affect the blood flow.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 906 and wasted
Unfortunately not, but my guess is that extreme temperature changes (vasoconstriction => vasodilatation) can lead to "broken capillaries"(Telangiectasia) like most of the things that strongly affect the blood flow.
There is only vasoconstriction since you don't do extreme warmth afterwards, you don't do cold, hot, cold, because that would hurt even more lol
And even then that's why one should begin slowly so the body can adapt first to this new environment you know

Nice man, have you thought about how the warm shower beforehand can affect the results negatively? Or slow them down, don't know if you've experimented without the showers but now that you're doing it for 2 months already it shouldn't hurt that much anymore since the fat improved
Also since your getting a full pump, that one amazing pump, it's kinda weird to see that it drops down that much in your case, for me I could see a slight change like 8h after my routine already
How's your diet if I may ask? Because I've noticed that slight bulking brings even faster results than maintenance, also eat enough sat fat if that's not your case
But still amazing to see new results man!

• +1
There is only vasoconstriction since you don't do extreme warmth afterwards, you don't do cold, hot, cold, because that would hurt even more lol
And even then that's why one should begin slowly so the body can adapt first to this new environment you know

Nice man, have you thought about how the warm shower beforehand can affect the results negatively? Or slow them down, don't know if you've experimented without the showers but now that you're doing it for 2 months already it shouldn't hurt that much anymore since the fat improved
Also since your getting a full pump, that one amazing pump, it's kinda weird to see that it drops down that much in your case, for me I could see a slight change like 8h after my routine already
How's your diet if I may ask? Because I've noticed that slight bulking brings even faster results than maintenance, also eat enough sat fat if that's not your case
But still amazing to see new results man!
I'm cutting rn, also my showers aren't really warm they're usually lukewarm or cool. My bathroom doesn't have a proper ventilation system so I'm hot after my showers regardless of the temperature.

• +1
Embrace broken capillaries
That does not make sense. If capillaries are popped we should be seeing red blots

• +1
I'm cutting rn, also my showers aren't really warm they're usually lukewarm or cool. My bathroom doesn't have a proper ventilation system so I'm hot after my showers regardless of the temperature.
Yeah that explains the slow results, but if you're happy with the way it's going go on man, wish you good luck

• +1
Can I just hold my face in cold water while showering?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987, Yusu, Deleted member 906 and 1 other person
Does this work? What is the consense at the moment and which is the best method

• +1
Can I just hold my face in cold water while showering?
If it's cold it makes my fat pads pump up so I guess yeah, try it with a duration that's on the edge of being uncomfortable
It works for the cold because the water is always running, meaning there's a constant exchange of cold water, that along with the cool air inbetween and the pressure from the shower itself even hurts most times tbh
But it should work if the duration is ok

• +1