Horrible Gym Anxiety

Sic.cel

Sic.cel

Mental Gymcel
Hey first post here,

So i wanted to join a gym for quite some time. I’m a skinny middle length dude but i got anxiety to join. I know people that go to the same kind of gym that i go to (2 locations in our city which you can both go to) I know they kinda hate me but i still want to go. I’m going alone btw. Does anyone have any tips for this and for being skinny and beginning gymcelling. Thanks!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Train early in the morning

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, emeraldglass and Deleted member 6401
Hey first post here,

So i wanted to join a gym for quite some time. I’m a skinny middle length dude but i got anxiety to join. I know people that go to the same kind of gym that i go to (2 locations in our city which you can both go to) I know they kinda hate me but i still want to go. I’m going alone btw. Does anyone have any tips for this and for being skinny and beginning gymcelling. Thanks!

Bro dont really worry about that. Most guys in the gym are too concerned about themselves and what people think of them to notice you, even the biggest guys. Nobody really cares about the number on the side of your dumbells or weights, unless your talking shit or making a big deal out of it by grunting or dropping weights like an idiot. Most guys in the gym will respect you, because they know going to the gym with twig arms isnt easy when you see all these henched guys. They know because many of them have been there themselves. I been going to the gym since April, not that long, but in that time period, I've never seen anything close to anyone being bullied about their current physique.

Making fun of people are the gym is like making fun of a patient at a hospital, or an alcoholic at an AA meeting. It makes no sense.

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, Gerardwayfan, Deleted member 6401 and 2 others
Bro dont really worry about that. Most guys in the gym are too concerned about themselves and what people think of them to notice you, even the biggest guys. Nobody really cares about the number on the side of your dumbells or weights, unless your talking shit or making a big deal out of it by grunting or dropping weights like an idiot. Most guys in the gym will respect you, because they know going to the gym with twig arms isnt easy when you see all these henched guys. They know because many of them have been there themselves. I been going to the gym since April, not that long, but in that time period, I've never seen anything close to anyone being bullied about their current physique.

Making fun of people are the gym is like making fun of a patient at a hospital, or an alcoholic at an AA meeting. It makes no sense.
Thanks man. needed that, thinking about signing up tommorrow
Train early in the morning
I thought of that but how will that work with college?

• +1
I was just like you, skinny and anxious. Gym bros / meatheads turned to be really nice actually. Most are willing to help and guide you through your exercises.

• +1
I was just like you, skinny and anxious. Gym bros / meatheads turned to be really nice actually. Most are willing to help and guide you through your exercises.
Thanks man.

• +1
Just ignore the other people. And don't try to lift too heavy with bad form! Go as light as you need to keep your form proper, you will see much more progress if you do that.

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and Deleted member 6401
They're all thinking about themselves just like you.

I'd rather get the minimum equipment and train at home though. One Olympic bar, one support for squat and bench, a pair of dumbbells and a total of 300 kg would do.

• +1
Just ignore the other people. And don't try to lift too heavy with bad form! Go as light as you need to keep your form proper, you will see much more progress if you do that.
Thanks man, proper form means a straight back while lifting right?
They're all thinking about themselves just like you.

I'd rather get the minimum equipment and train at home though. One Olympic bar, one support for squat and bench, a pair of dumbbells and a total of 300 kg would do.
That’s a good option but i got a year free gym as a gift, also i’m workless with only 900€ to spend. So i think the gym is the best option haha

• +1
Thanks man, proper form means a straight back while lifting right?

Yes but it's much more than just that. Before you do an exercise look up a video on form for that specific exercise.

• +1

This. Just focus on yourself and use the beefy guys as motivation. That's what I do

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 147
One thing that helped me was greeting the people I ser often (except the girls/stacies my age) so you practice socializing and also the environment gets More comfortable

• +1
One thing that helped me was greeting the people I ser often (except the girls/stacies my age) so you practice socializing and also the environment gets More comfortable
That’s going to be really hard.

• +1
Still have the princess bp mentality where everyone will look at you? Nobody gives a fuck about you in the gym. They're all there for their own gains and when they ask for equipment it's still for their own gains. Friendly people will offer you help and the worst people will just train without looking at you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Afrikancel
Hey first post here,

Just wear a hoodie