How can I fix my overbite without fucking up my face?

D

Deleted member 689

Iron
I have a deep overbite (not overjet).

Mewing

Orthodontic/Orthotropic Appliances, look into fag, usually for underbites tho

Surgery.

Honestly couldn’t tell you had an overbite from your pics

But if you do have one, fixing it will improve your looks.

Mewing

Orthodontic/Orthotropic Appliances, look into fag, usually for underbites tho

Surgery.

Honestly couldn’t tell you had an overbite from your pics

But if you do have one, fixing it will improve your looks.
Let's see if mewing will make it better.
Idk about surgery tho, maybe. And yes, I do have a really deep overbite :/, my upper teeth cover my lower teeth entirely basically.

I shouldn't get braces, should I? Some people say they fuck up your face.

Idk about surgery tho, maybe. And yes, I do have a really deep overbite :/, my upper teeth cover my lower teeth entirely basically.

Braces do fuck up for your face, look into mike Mew, and the https://the-great-work.org/community/ to fix your overbite

i've seen some cases where myobrace undid overbites. As my orthodontist will not fix my overbite I plan on using a myobrace for palate expansion, and if that doesn't fix the problem entirely I will then use elastics to move my molars forward. Elastic tooth displacement is dangerous so don't do it unless you're an arrogant smartass like me
Never get traditional orthodontics.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Lorsss and Festrunk

Hold the fuck up... If your top teeth cover your bottom teeth isnt normal? WTF I have this too, and just thought it was normal.

Hold the fuck up... If your top teeth cover your bottom teeth isnt normal? WTF I have this too, and just thought it was normal.
Posterior Occlusion

Normal, top teeth slightly cover bottom teeth from frontal view

Overbite linked to snoring

Type II malocclusion, top teeth almost touch lower gums

View attachment 8786
Normal, top teeth slightly cover bottom teeth from frontal view

View attachment 8787
Type II malocclusion, top teeth almost touch lower gums
The second image represents a deep bite/deep overbite, right?
Holy shit, doing some more research I found out this could also be why my chin looks slightly recessed/weak as well.

FUCK I NEED TO FIX THIS.
Yeah, mine looks recessed, but not too much, I imagine what it would look like if my bite was normal, damn.

Bro, I need to fix it asap, but braces would fuck up my face and I probably can't get a surgery. I'm doing mewing but it will probably take a long time to even see a slight improve. What do I do, helppp

• +1
Reactions: Festrunk
Bro, I need to fix it asap, but braces would fuck up my face and I probably can't get a surgery. I'm doing mewing but it will probably take a long time to even see a slight improve. What do I do, helppp
I've never been so suddenly interested in a thread ever.

Would mewing even help?

Should I just extend my jaw forward till my front teeth line up and mew that way/try to hold it like that forever?

I've never been so suddenly interested in a thread ever.

Would mewing even help?

Should I just extend my jaw forward till my front teeth line up and mew that way/try to hold it like that forever?
Mewing can help fix shit teeth if you're like 9. Do NOT hold your jaw in a position other than a normal, comfortable bite with focus on molar contact while mewing. At the least keeping your jaw in that position you described will slow down your progress, at the worst your face will actually recess more.

• +1
Reactions: Festrunk
Mewing can help fix shit teeth if you're like 9. Do NOT hold your jaw in a position other than a normal, comfortable bite with focus on molar contact while mewing. At the least keeping your jaw in that position will slow down your progress, at the worst your face will actually recess more.
Wait, keeping my jaw in what position will slow down my progress or recess my face more or you're not talking with me?

Wait, keeping my jaw in what position will slow down my progress or recess my face more or you're not talking with me?
I was replying to Festrunk but you probably got a notification because it is your thread. The position not to do: Do not try to jut your jaw out to compensate for your overbite. Mewing will not work as well if you do because a jut will prevent you from activating certain facial muscles necessary while keeping your tongue on your palate, it could also prevent proper swallowing, shrink your palate causing facial asymmetry and a worse overbite, cause jaw joint pain and permanent damage to the jaw joint, recess your maxilla, and make your dick fall off. This is only if you jut long term as your regular daily posture.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Festrunk
I was replying to Festrunk but you probably got a notification because it is your thread. The position not to do: Do not try to jut your jaw out to compensate for your overbite. Mewing will not work as well if you do because a jut will prevent you from activating certain facial muscles necessary while keeping your tongue on your palate, it could also prevent proper swallowing, shrink your palate causing facial asymmetry and a worse overbite, cause jaw joint pain and permanent damage to the jaw joint, recess your maxilla, and make your dick fall off.
What it would look like if I jutted?

What it would look like if I jutted?
Well you can look in the mirror while jutting to find out. If you jutted 24/7 for a year I can show you what you'd look like:
B9lTwrxIQAAFaMD

It should be known because incisors tend to angle themselves in bad directions with overbites that your chin point (the actual chin, not the lower jar itself) would look much stronger if you actually corrected your overbite aside from jutting.

Invisalign says it can correct overbite, but will it mess up my face like braces?

Invisalign says it can correct overbite, but will it mess up my face like braces?
Invisalign and braces are both the same shitty treat-the-symptom-ignore-the-problem system, Invisalign is just a worse way to do braces but its new and flashy and doesn't have those ugly brackets so lets go do it everyone! When any orthodontist is done straightening teeth, even if he's a great guy and never moves any teeth backwards and keeps your face in good condition, your teeth are still outside of their balance zone and your face will slowly fuck itself over the course of a few years. You must treat your overbite as a symptom of weak palate/molar displacement rather than a problem as an orthodontist would. Why do people need to wear retainers after orthodontic work? Because your face doesn't like those teeth where they end up and without intervention it will slowly move them into a place which favors forward growth or (more often) fits improper posture/swallowing/weak palate. Do not use orthodontics, invisalign included, and do not use retainers.

Last edited:
Invisalign and braces are both the same shitty treat-the-symptom-ignore-the-problem system, Invisalign is just a worse way to do braces but its new and flashy and doesn't have those ugly brackets so lets go do it everyone! When any orthodontist is done straightening teeth, even if he's a great guy and never moves any teeth backwards and keeps your face in good condition, your teeth are still outside of their balance zone and your face will slowly fuck itself over the course of a few years. You must treat your overbite as a symptom of weak palate/molar displacement rather than a problem as an orthodontist would. Why do people need to wear retainers after orthodontic work? Because your face doesn't like those teeth where they end up and without intervention it will slowly move them into a place which favors forward growth or fits improper posture/swallowing/weak palate. Do not use orthodontics, invisalign included, and do not use retainers.

So, basically, I'm fucked and should just rope?

So, basically, I'm fucked and should just rope?
Solve the underlying problems. Mew, chew, swallow correctly, sit up straight, expand your palate with myobrace, and then see if any teeth need to be moved forward or angled differently. To solve an overbite when posture correction and palate expansion fails: Apply forces angling the upper incisors forward, angle the lower incisors backward, and then move molars on either the upper jaw, lower jaw, or both forward. I am working on this myself, designing appliances and figuring out where to place elastics in most cases but in the meantime preforming the McKenzie Chin Tuck (the exercise, not the regular body posture) frequently will apply all of these forces on the teeth to correct an overbite. Here is a video explaining the exercise, but not what it does in terms of moving your jaws: https://youtu.be/2xSlX7n-IHw?t=112

Edit: the difference between these forces and what an orthodontist does is what i described never moves your upper jaw backward, however, an orthodontist only has brackets and wires to work with and the most effective way to fix the problem is to ram that upper jaw back into your skull. Yes invisalign and braces could be used to fix an overbite in a non-shit way but you cannot trust your orthodontist to do this.

Last edited:
Solve the underlying problems. Mew, chew, swallow correctly, sit up straight, expand your palate with myobrace, and then see if any teeth need to be moved forward or angled differently. To solve an overbite when posture correction and palate expansion fails: Apply forces angling the upper incisors forward, angle the lower incisors backward, and then move molars on either the upper jaw, lower jaw, or both forward. I am working on this myself, designing appliances and figuring out where to place elastics in most cases but in the meantime preforming the McKenzie Chin Tuck (the exercise, not the regular body posture) frequently will apply all of these forces on the teeth to correct an overbite. Here is a video explaining the exercise, but not what it does in terms of moving your jaws: https://youtu.be/2xSlX7n-IHw?t=112

Edit: the difference between these forces and what an orthodontist does is what i described never moves your upper jaw backward, however, an orthodontist only has brackets and wires to work with and the most effective way to fix the problem is to ram that upper jaw back into your skull. Yes invisalign and braces could be used to fix an overbite in a non-shit way but you cannot trust your orthodontist to do this.
I read people saying that elastics are the ones that fuck up your maxilla, is that what you mean? Since braces and Invisalign are just used to straighten teeth and fix crowding, etc, and elastics used to “fix” the bite

Thanks for the advice man.

I would almost bet that this is caused by years of mouth breathing due to severe chronic Allergies. I couldnt breathe through my nose 90% of the time. Fuckin hell.

• +1
Reactions: Wincel
I read people saying that elastics are the ones that fuck up your maxilla, is that what you mean? Since braces and Invisalign are just used to straighten teeth and fix crowding, etc, and elastics used to “fix” the bite
Yes elastics are a huge part of the problem, thanks for reminding me.

Yes elastics are a huge part of the problem, thanks for reminding me.
I have an overbite and overjet and had braces on lower teeth and Invisalign on upper to fix crowding and shit, but my ortho is planning to use elastics to fix my bite but I’m gonna tell him not to, thankfully I found about this shit before it was too late..I would rather get jaw surgery to fix my bite properly or just leave it alone instead of “fixing” it with shitty methods

• +1
Reactions: Wincel

Edit: the difference between these forces and what an orthodontist does is what i described never moves your upper jaw backward, however, an orthodontist only has brackets and wires to work with and the most effective way to fix the problem is to ram that upper jaw back into your skull. Yes Invisalign and braces could be used to fix an overbite in a non-shit way but you cannot trust your orthodontist to do this.

Fuck me i hate my overbite. Since orthodontists can only just fuck it up by pushing your maxilla back and invisalign is cope and there is no myobrace Practioner near me, but jaw sugery to fix my overbite sounds so fucking stupid, 10,000$ or how much it costs for jaw sugery when i already have a great jaw. and i practise mewing chewing, posture but I havent seen any overbite reversal, i dont see how all of that could somehow make all my teeth align without sinking. I jutt occasionally in social situations but no way i jutt 24/7 and mew with molars touching even though it sinks my chin in. feels like theres no escaping this shit

• +1
Reactions: Slob
Fuck me i hate my overbite. Since orthodontists can only just fuck it up by pushing your maxilla back and invisalign is cope and there is no myobrace Practioner near me, but jaw sugery to fix my overbite sounds so fucking stupid, 10,000$ or how much it costs for jaw sugery when i already have a great jaw. and i practise mewing chewing, posture but I havent seen any overbite reversal, i dont see how all of that could somehow make all my teeth align without sinking. I jutt occasionally in social situations but no way i jutt 24/7 and mew with molars touching even though it sinks my chin in. feels like theres no escaping this shit
myobrace practitioner is cope, buy them from aliexpress and use it yourself, you don't need a fucking doctor to use a systematic appliance when we have the internet

• +1
Reactions: dontgoLAXb4UMAXx
I know this an old thread but dont waste your time with mewing, you will never fix your overbite especially when you are an adult
you should look into SARPE, expanding your palate (aka fixing the cause) and only then the teeth might be straightend

fixing crowding and a bad bite while having a narrow palate is a bad idea, you need to treat the palate first and ideally make it as wide as your lower jaw

I know this an old thread but dont waste your time with mewing, you will never fix your overbite especially when you are an adult
you should look into SARPE, expanding your palate (aka fixing the cause) and only then the teeth might be straightend

fixing crowding and a bad bite while having a narrow palate is a bad idea, you need to treat the palate first and ideally make it as wide as your lower jaw
Wouldn't jaw surgery fix an overbite?

orthodontics

I'm putting a palate expander soon, hope it will improve it and widen my jaw