How can I get rid of darker pigmentation on undereyes?

B

brutal_blackpill

Mistral
@benignice Does anyone know? I had orbital rim implants placed and other eye surgery. However, although there is still some bruising left, there might be some dark areas under my eyes from before that is of a different pigmentation that won’t simply go away because of the implants (I have recessed orbitals).

@benignice Does anyone know? I had orbital rim implants placed and other eye surgery. However, although there is still some bruising left, there might be some dark areas under my eyes from before that is of a different pigmentation that won’t simply go away because of the implants (I have recessed orbitals).

Tear trough fillers can be used for this purpose.

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead and brutal_blackpill
move maxilla up, solves 80% of the problem

• +1
Reactions: brutal_blackpill
move maxilla up, solves 80% of the problem

That wouldn’t remove the dark circles he’s referring to I think. For that he’d need tear trough fillers.

That wouldn’t remove the dark circles he’s referring to I think. For that he’d need tear trough fillers.
If I could better describe it, it’s from pigmentation

Liver flushing

It depends on the type of dark circle. If they're the same type of hyperpigmentation as elsewhere on your face (ie, brown-ish in colour), then the usual suspects to fix hyperpigmentation will help.

I have this same issue. It's a matter of hereditary periorbital hyperpigmentation found in darker skin types rather than recessed orbitals.

I'm using a prescription cream containing 4% HQ, 0.05% Tret, 6% Kojic, 1% Hydrocort, and it is helping a little bit.

Something I'm also planning to do a 10% TCA peel every 2 weeks to lighten the area. Hopefully it works...

It depends on the type of dark circle. If they're the same type of hyperpigmentation as elsewhere on your face (ie, brown-ish in colour), then the usual suspects to fix hyperpigmentation will help.
What do you mean as elsewhere on your face? I don’t have much hyperpigmentation elsewhere on my face.

Just to be clear, I had puffy skin underneath my eyelids along with some discoloration around my eyes beneath that area. The puffy part right underneath my eyelids is darker than my skin and the area around it is darker than my skin but lighter than the above mentioned puffiness.

I then had eye surgery for droopy lower eyelids and also recessed orbitals and had orbital implants placed. Currently, the bruising has not fully gone. However, I suspect there will still be some discoloration from before (I.e. it’ll be improved and my orbitals look more projected but I don’t think the full discoloration will go away). So, I wanted to ask how you might think I can get rid of that fully. Do you think the ways you mentioned in your guide (vitamin A) I believe is enough? Do you know of any more stronger methods? Worse comes to worse, I’ll look at tear through implants, although I’m still going to wait until my bruising goes away to see how much of the discoloration is from before and how much is from bruising left.
I have this same issue. It's a matter of hereditary periorbital hyperpigmentation found in darker skin types rather than recessed orbitals.

I'm using a prescription cream containing 4% HQ, 0.05% Tret, 6% Kojic, 1% Hydrocort, and it is helping a little bit.

Something I'm also planning to do a 10% TCA peel every 2 weeks to lighten the area. Hopefully it works...
I thought it was not safe to use Tret on the area under your eyes. How did you come up with the other elements in your cream and who prescribed this? A dermatologist?

Have you looked into tear through fillers btw?

Last edited:
What do you mean as elsewhere on your face? I don’t have much hyperpigmentation elsewhere on my face.

Just to be clear, I had puffy skin underneath my eyelids along with some discoloration around my eyes beneath that area. The puffy part right underneath my eyelids is darker than my skin and the area around it is darker than my skin but lighter than the above mentioned puffiness.

I then had eye surgery for droopy lower eyelids and also recessed orbitals and had orbital implants placed. Currently, the bruising has not fully gone. However, I suspect there will still be some discoloration from before (I.e. it’ll be improved and my orbitals look more projected but I don’t think the full discoloration will go away). So, I wanted to ask how you might think I can get rid of that fully. Do you think the ways you mentioned in your guide (vitamin A) I believe is enough? Do you know of any more stronger methods? Worse comes to worse, I’ll look at tear through implants, although I’m still going to wait until my bruising goes away to see how much of the discoloration is from before and how much is from bruising left.
You don't need a lot- it was mostly so you knew whether it was actually hyperpigmentation, vascular or structural. Do some research and find which type they are, that will help you figure out what will help to fix it.

your too knowledgeable to ask.

I thought it was not safe to use Tret on the area under your eyes. How did you come up with the other elements in your cream and who prescribed this? A dermatologist?

Have you looked into tear through fillers btw?

Yea, the cream was prescribed by a dermatologist. She said to just use it on and off every 2-3 months. Also, the tret was 0.025%, so maybe its not too bad.

No, I haven't looked into them much. I feel like that would just project my dark circles outward even more right? My issue is purely a genetic, hyperpigmentation issue. I just produce more melanin there than usual.