How can I negotiate for a Rapid Pallet Expander?

B

BigBoy

Kraken
I'm going in to the dentist tommorow for the first time in a while, and it's a brand new one. Since I've never met the guy I'm a bit nervous on negotiating, I have social anxiety and a low voice when I speak to people.

And on top of this i don't know how to convince him/her wothout sounding like an aspie.

I think I'm an eligible candidate for one since:
-I have crowded teeth, but its not terrible
-A weird bite(not 100% sure on this)
-Buccal Corridors
-6 to 8 teeth showing on the top, I can't accurately count because of the buccal corridor

How should i sell myself so I can get it? I need this.

Also, random question, does it only affect the maxilla, or the lower third too? Wouldn't having a larger maxilla than mandible cause an overbite since the top teeth are going to close further over the bottom teeth?

Last edited:
no clue, I had one when I was a little kid tho i think

I had this too when I was a kid, I thought it was just common in ortho

On the question: no, the upper jaw acts as a retainer for the bottom one, meaning it will adapt.

I don't know much about expanders as I've never tried one myself but I'm sure it's not that different from the tongue, maybe if it expands really fast or something it may fuck ur bite but eventually the mandible will have to catch up.

personally, palatal expansion had only improved my deepbite issue, it basically lets all the teeth sit in a more comfortable position so when u mew at the same time things just go much more smoothly and then eventually any bite issues the body will start repairing them naturally

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy
I had this too when I was a kid, I thought it was just common in ortho
No bro, ode incels want this procedure. It can cure inceldom in some cases.

i had an expander oof

Does it move maxilla up and forward or just forward?

cant u just order it from somewhere

Does it move maxilla up and forward or just forward?
It expands the maxilla a palate expander.
It leads to flanged cheekbones and better lateral orbital rims. There’s also a lower palate expander or surgery to widen mandible.

the only surgery that moves it up and forwards is double jaw with ccw rotation you can also shorten it with a maxilla impaction

• +1
Reactions: UglyMan
D
It expands the maxilla a palate expander.
It leads to flanged cheekbones and better lateral orbital rims. There’s also a lower palate expander or surgery to widen mandible.

the only surgery that moves it up and forwards is double jaw with ccw rotation you can also shorten it with a maxilla impaction
Ok thanks
does lefort 3 move maxilla upwards and forwards? My lateral growth is ok. Just retruded from the front

D

Ok thanks
does lefort 3 move maxilla upwards and forwards? My lateral growth is ok. Just retruded from the front
Lefort 3 does but no sane doctor will do it to you. It has such a high chance of death, blindness and disfigurement.

What you want is modified lefort 3. Which is way safer and moves the upper maxilla forward and doctors actually perform it. It moves the orbitals, cheekbones forward a couple mm.

And if you get double jaw it moves the lower maxilla forwards Also and mandible all in all replicating a lefort 3 procedure safely.

• +1
Lefort 3 does but no sane doctor will do it to you. It has such a high chance of death, blindness and disfigurement.

What you want is modified lefort 3. Which is way safer and moves the upper maxilla forward and doctors actually perform it. It moves the orbitals, cheekbones forward a couple mm.

And if you get double jaw it moves the lower maxilla forwards Also and mandible all in all replicating a lefort 3 procedure safely.
Wow thanks for the detailed reply. Modified Lefort 3 appears to get high set cheekbones by the sound of it. I know that even the modified lf3 they peel your face off but it is what it is. Are you planning to get any surgeries anytime soon?

Wow thanks for the detailed reply. Modified Lefort 3 appears to get high set cheekbones by the sound of it. I know that even the modified lf3 they peel your face off but it is what it is. Are you planning to get any surgeries anytime soon?
My flaws are the opposite Of yours I have great forward growth but not enough lateral growth so I’m getting custom implants plus double jaw

• +1
My flaws are the opposite Of yours I have great forward growth but not enough lateral growth so I’m getting custom implants plus double jaw
Is it true that implants will reduce bone mass under the implant overtime or is that just cope?

Is it true that implants will reduce bone mass under the implant overtime or that just cope?
It’s true but very mildly and it’ll take years. Like in your 50s when looks don’t matter anymore. Besides they’ll have 3D bone implants by then I can just swap so it turns into my bone. So it doesn’t matter I’m just trying to look good while I’m young lol

• +1