How do I fix my subhuman jaw/chin?

A

Ayo23

Iron
Hi!

First post here. Throughout my childhood and teens I was always called names like an ape/monkey because of my subhuman lower part of the face. Now that I'm older and have some disposable income, I'm ready to put it in the past.

Only thing is, I'm unsure what exactly is wrong with it? I know its ugly-- is it a deep fold and short chin, combined with bigger lips? Recessed max? One consult I had recommended a Sagital Split, but was wondering if I could get away with just a sliding genioplasty and maybe nasal tip surgery as I don't really think I have an overbite, or if there were any other procedures. For reference, my ethnicity is hispanic.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 122
bro you need bimax to fix your overbite and deep bite

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Birdcell, SoyGune, Deleted member 2157 and 5 others
your chin looks fine your bite is fucked though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2157
Thought I'd give an update. 2 months ago I said fuck it and got a consult to decide what to do with my bite/chin and ultimately got a genioplasty done 2.5 weeks ago. The doctor said we could also do lower jaw surgery because I have a bit of an overbite (but my bite was not as messed up as it appears), but we decided it was overkill for the results I wanted, even though it would be more of an aesthetic improvement.

Overall, it was my deep fold under my lip and short chin which was messing with my facial harmony. I got the genioplasty to get rid of the fold, legthen the chin and add a tiny bit of horizontal projection. Overall, I'm satisfied with the results, even though its not perfect.

Before (shaved before surgery) and after (now) pictures below! Photos taken in same spot, same clothes and attempted same angle. Only difference is my facial hair has grown back.

Attachments

• IMG_3359.jpg
    IMG_3359.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3360.jpg
    IMG_3360.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 1.35.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 1.35.57 AM.png
    661.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 1.36.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 1.36.12 AM.png
    500.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: brainded
Thought I'd give an update. 2 months ago I said fuck it and got a consult to decide what to do with my bite/chin and ultimately got a genioplasty done 2.5 weeks ago. The doctor said we could also do lower jaw surgery because I have a bit of an overbite (but my bite was not as messed up as it appears), but we decided it was overkill for the results I wanted, even though it would be more of an aesthetic improvement.

Overall, it was my deep fold under my lip and short chin which was messing with my facial harmony. I got the genioplasty to get rid of the fold, legthen the chin and add a tiny bit of horizontal projection. Overall, I'm satisfied with the results, even though its not perfect.

Before (shaved before surgery) and after (now) pictures below! Photos taken in same spot, same clothes and attempted same angle. Only difference is my facial hair has grown back.

Very good improvement congrats

mirin results, a simple genio made your profile pretty decent
bimax would have been overkill