how do i get nice and long eyelashes?

D

Dominus

Iron
my eyelashes are already black so they're pretty visible but i want them long like this.

why you wanna trannymaxx?.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: shimada, BigBiceps and InZayn
You can waste your time doing stupid shit that isn't even empirically proven to work like rubbing all different types of "natural" oils on your eyes, but the only thing that has been scientifically proven to work, as well as approved by the FDA is bimatoprost.

It was originally a glaucoma medication but it had the side effect of growing out peoples eyelashes, when sold as a glaucoma medication it's called Lumigan, and when sold as an eyelash serum the brand name is Latisse, although it's found in a lot of over the counter medications and eyelash serums from most big name make up brands. You can also buy the straight up pure solution from pharma companies online. I don't think it's approved in Canada for whatever reason though, just check.

It works by increasing the length of the growth phases of the hair that it touches, making them thicker, and longer. Here is a before and after picture from a study done on bimatoprost. Here is the actual study.

Here is everything you need to know about the medication from the FDA

As for side effects there are several, you'll hear horror stories about these being guaranteed to happen, a death sentence, irreversible, etc, but that isn't the case for all of the, nonetheless it's still worth knowing the potential risks.

One possible side effect is obviously redness and irritation, so you should probably patch test before fully including it in your routine.

Another side effect is the darkening of the eyelid area that it's applied to, this is because it has a side effect of increasing the amount of melanin in the melanocytes, the skin cells that give your skin its color. According to the FDA, this will go away over time once you stop using it, and I imagine it isn't that big of a deal unless you have a lot of upper eyelid exposure. Something like 4% of people get this if I remember correctly.

Another often stated but false side effect is that it will change the color of your iris (eyes), it has a POSSIBILITY to change your eye color if you're applying it directly to your eye in the cases of the glaucoma medication, this happens the same way as the darkening of the eyelids, most prominent in green eyes, by increasing the amount of melanin in the melanocytes, but I haven't found any studies that show a change in eye color when using the eyelash solution. I also don't imagine it would be a problem with eyes that are already brown. This one is NOT reversible.

Probably the scariest side effect that wasn't originally reported in the FDA approval is periorbital fat loss (eye socket fat loss) (pictures in the link down the page). What some people call sunken or "bug eyes". The exact mechanism of action isn't know, and it only seems to occur after long periods of use ( 1 - 2 years) when administered directly to the eye for glaucoma, but it's a worry nonetheless.

How often it occurs, no one can conclusively determine. Here is a review on the entire overview of the problem. Regardless, it seems to be entirely reversible once you stop using it, and it's not like it happens ridiculously fast, it tends to happen over the course of 1 - 2 years, and it may happen faster / more often in people of Asian descent. It's unknown if the same effect occurs when using the eyelash solution.

Personally, I haven't used it yet, but I plan on it. My approach is going to be using bimatoprost for 16 weeks to get the maximum effect, then reduce it down to once a week to maintain. I'll be sure to wipe off the excess that isn't on the lash line. I'll be taking pictures every month to see how severe if at all the darkening of the eyelids gets, and if there is any sign of fat loss in the eyes, I'll just stop completely.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, Eclipse, Deleted member 1383 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: DidntRead, Deleted member 1383 and mido the slayer
You can waste your time doing stupid shit that isn't even empirically proven to work like rubbing all different types of "natural" oils on your eyes, but the only thing that has been scientifically proven to work, as well as approved by the FDA is bimatoprost.

It was originally a glaucoma medication but it had the side effect of growing out peoples eyelashes, when sold as a glaucoma medication it's called Lumigan, and when sold as an eyelash serum the brand name is Latisse, although it's found in a lot of over the counter medications and eyelash serums from most big name make up brands. You can also buy the straight up pure solution from pharma companies online. I don't think it's approved in Canada for whatever reason though, just check.

It works by increasing the length of the growth phases of the hair that it touches, making them thicker, and longer. Here is a before and after picture from a study done on bimatoprost. Here is the actual study.

As for side effects there are several, you'll hear horror stories about these being guaranteed to happen, a death sentence, irreversible, etc, but that isn't the case for all of the, nonetheless it's still worth knowing the potential risks.

One possible side effect is obviously redness and irritation, so you should probably patch test before fully including it in your routine.

Another side effect is the darkening of the eyelid area that it's applied to, this is because it has a side effect of increasing the amount of melanin in the melanocytes, the skin cells that give your skin its color. According to the FDA, this will go away over time once you stop using it, and I imagine it isn't that big of a deal unless you have a lot of upper eyelid exposure. Something like 4% of people get this if I remember correctly.

Another often stated but false side effect is that it will change the color of your iris (eyes), it has a POSSIBILITY to change your eye color if you're applying it directly to your eye in the cases of the glaucoma medication, this happens the same way as the darkening of the eyelids, most prominent in green eyes, by increasing the amount of melanin in the melanocytes, but I haven't found any studies that show a change in eye color when using the eyelash solution. I also don't imagine it would be a problem with eyes that are already brown. This one is NOT reversible.

Probably the scariest side effect that wasn't originally reported in the FDA approval is periorbital fat loss (eye socket fat loss) (pictures in the link down the page). What some people call sunken or "bug eyes". The exact mechanism of action isn't know, and it only seems to occur after long periods of use ( 1 - 2 years) when administered directly to the eye for glaucoma, but it's a worry nonetheless.

How often it occurs, no one can conclusively determine. Here is a review on the entire overview of the problem. Regardless, it seems to be entirely reversible once you stop using it, and it's not like it happens ridiculously fast, it tends to happen over the course of 1 - 2 years, and it may happen faster / more often in people of Asian descent. It's unknown if the same effect occurs when using the eyelash solution.

Personally, I haven't used it yet, but I plan on it. My approach is going to be using bimatoprost for 16 weeks to get the maximum effect, then reduce it down to once a week to maintain. I'll be sure to wipe off the excess that isn't on the lash line. I'll be taking pictures every month to see how severe if at all the darkening of the eyelids gets, and if there is any sign of fat loss in the eyes, I'll just stop completely.

tldr?

My eyes are light green. I'm not risking that. I'm out.

nothing, but lets be real doesn't even matter that much so don't waste time thinking bout it.

Megadose vitamin c , e

you look like that hip hop musician called X

My eyes are light green. I'm not risking that. I'm out.

Well like I said it has never been shown to have any effect on iris color when it isn't applied directly to the eyes, but if you're still worried then it's probably best that you don't.

try minoxidil and use castor oil/vaseline/cocos oil to maintain results

vasaline makes them longer and thicker I think.

Does minoxidil also has any chance of ruining your eye color? I plan on using it for eyebrows, not eyelashes but sometimes you accidentally put stuff in your eyes while applying oils in your eyebrows so .... :feelsgiga:

Last edited:

Where will you buy it from? Ideally Id rather not buy $100 latisse every month

its all about THICK Eyebrows in men
But imagine both, if I have both I’d be so happy. Only thing is I have really nice eyelashes and once you stop using latisse your eyelashes fall out but I’m wondering, does it return to normal or will it be slightly less than original natty lashes

Does minoxidil also has any chance of ruining your eye color? I plan on using it for eyebrows, not eyelashes but sometimes you accidentally put stuff in your eyes while applying oils in your eyebrows so .... :feelsgiga:
Lol, eye colour, na you’re good.

Sometimes makes your eyes dry upon waking up if you put it on before night.

just be born with it :feelsez: jeans :feelsez:

Low iq shit