How does body recomp work and is it legit? (gymcels only)

Hozay

Hozay

True Chadlite
Okay, so is body recomposition just eating at maintenece calories, hitting the gym, and making sure you get your right amount of protein in? I'm a skinny fat beginner right now, I was thinking about lean bulking (250+ surplus) but if i can just build muscle at maintence and make my body look better it sounds easier to that 1st then lean bulk. I hear the body recomp works for people like me who are beginners and barely have muscle mass. Has anyone here done it and vouch that it works?

• +1
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 10524
no idea

• So Sad
Reactions: Hozay
Okay, so is body recomposition just eating at maintenece calories, hitting the gym, and making sure you get your right amount of protein in?
Yes

• Love it
idk ask ritalincel

• WTF
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: aspieSavage, JizzFarmer and Ritalincell
Yes it is legit and works that way. You can send me body pics if you want and I can give you more details on what to do

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RAITEIII and Hozay
Yes it is legit and works that way. You can send me body pics if you want and I can give you more details on what to do
as long as you dont expose me i'll show you bro. my body is shit right now.

• JFL
Reactions: Slayercel and Deleted member 7521
You do it by stop talking about it and actually doing it.

Fibre 15% (Helps digestion) + Protein 30% (Supply the muscle tissue) + Fats 25% (Fast release energy) + Water 25% (You know the benefits) Slow release Carboyhdrates 5% and you'll be recompositioned if you train good.

• +1
Reactions: TITUS, Slayercel, Lars and 4 others

Fibre 15% (Helps digestion) + Protein 30% (Supply the muscle tissue) + Fats 25% (Fast release energy) + Water 25% (You know the benefits) Slow release Carboyhdrates 5% and you'll be recompositioned if you train good.
Weren't you losing weight?

• +1

You're right, my gym opens monday, its just i want to make sure i got everything set before i go man.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908 and PYT
I heard it's a meme. And takes too long

I wouldn't know but I'm playing it safe and doing a 300 calorie surplus

• +1
Reactions: william
@IwantToLooksMaxx

Thoughts?

Nah, it's not a meme. i've seen alot of people do it irl and on youtube, i just wanted to here peoples experience here before my gym opens on monday

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel and PYT

it works for complete beginners like me. or if you're skinny fat

• +1
Reactions: PYT
Weren't you losing weight?

I was 99kg and obese 6 months ago. Which is 218lbs.

I'm 81kg and 178lbs now. Obviously looks a little more because I'm seated and camera lens' are well-known to bloat you.

I have a bachelors in Sports Science and a qualified PTI (Just not practising) so it was never gonna be hard

Attachments

• 8394723e5c705f56b6ae1cbafe2e32fc (1).jpg
    8394723e5c705f56b6ae1cbafe2e32fc (1).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 83
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Mysticcc, Lars and PYT
Nah, it's not a meme. i've seen alot of people do it irl and on youtube, i just wanted to here peoples experience here before my gym opens on monday
If that's what you're doing then keep us updated, my friend actually cut first and recomped after fora
whole year while staying lean

I'll find a pic, he body mogs me but I think his results are underwhelming

• +1
I was 99kg and obese 6 months ago. Which is 218lbs.

I'm 81kg and 178lbs now. Obviously looks a little more because I'm seated and camera lens' are well-known to bloat you.

I have a bachelors in Sports Science and a qualified PTI (Just not practising) so it was never gonna be hard

National lockdown AGAIN in UK so makes this a little more tricky, but I'm happy with where I've come.

I'm 28 going on 29 and never gonna burn fat at the same rate I did when I was younger. I can no longer rely on my youth and fuck around with my diet. Esp with Pajeet genetics.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Slayercel and PYT
Body recomps, and lean bulking is the true blackpill.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lars, PYT and Hozay
He's started his 3000k cal bulk in December but this guy's actually made good gains for 14months IMHO.

Seeing how it was completely over when he started out. He's probably in the same exact situation as you if not worse
Screenshot 20210106 2336552
Screenshot 20210106 2335472

I can't afford fat in my face but fuck it, if I'm ,gonna do I'm doing it right

He's started his 3000k cal bulk in December but this guy's actually made good gains for 14months IMHO.

Seeing how it was completely over when he started out. He's probably in the same exact situation as you if not worseView attachment 915069View attachment 915071
I can't afford fat in my face but fuck it, if I'm ,gonna do I'm doing it right
Reminder, all he did was cut, and maintained the whole year with ONLY dumbbells.

It will work even for trained guys tbh, but it seem like you are not making progress, but you are. Just focus on working harder every workout, even if it's just one more rep.

What's your maintenance calories?

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel, PYT and Hozay
Reminder, all he did was cut, and maintained the whole year with ONLY dumbbells.
I thought said he went on a 3k calorie bulk

• +1

It's a meme to Zoomers who like things in an instant. For definite.

• +1
i would not recomp tbh. takes way too long and you're not really going to gain muscle quick or lose fat quick.

way better to just bulk on 300kcal or so to build up solid muscle mass and then do a proper cut when you're big enough

• +1
Okay, so is body recomposition just eating at maintenece calories, hitting the gym, and making sure you get your right amount of protein in? I'm a skinny fat beginner right now, I was thinking about lean bulking (250+ surplus) but if i can just build muscle at maintence and make my body look better it sounds easier to that 1st then lean bulk. I hear the body recomp works for people like me who are beginners and barely have muscle mass. Has anyone here done it and vouch that it works?
Yes if you're a noob anything will work.

Recomp works best when you're a beginner & skinny fat.

• Love it
You need to find out what your maintenance calories are and then times that by 7x and you get your weekly maintenance so for example.
3k maintenance x 7 = 21k
now that you know your maintenance calories per week you cycle them with your training days
Lets say you do full body 3x a week
So it would go like this on monday, wednesday and friday you train and you eat on a surplus 3.5k calories.
On your rest days Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and sunday you would eat ≈2600 calories.
Your weekly total would be around 21k your maintenance but this way you are in a way bulking
and cutting at the same time. Its the best method for a recomp. Your body doesn't work on a 24h system so its not like "okay today we ate on a deficit time to cut fat!!!" Tbh it doesn't work on a weekly basis either but weekly is alot more telling than daily. And btw i saw someone said eat carbs like 5% of your diet thats 1 way ticket to getting burnt the fk out. Your performance will be like 1/5th of what it could be. Rule of thumb for carb intake is 5-7g per kg of bodyweight on training days 3-5g per kg of bodyweight on off days. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Bulk or cut around maintenance depending on what you want to achieve, if you want to lose weight (fat) then cut, else just bulk. Buy a scale and measure yourself every day, you should be losing/gaining weight steadily every week, if you aren't then you got to change something.
I would do lots of proteins, and take minimal carbs and only on workout days and around workouts if i wanted to lose fat faster.
Train beyond failure and be sore every single day for optimal newbie gains, don't overtrain though, for example you can train legs while recovering from upper body.
HGH, salbutamol and caffeine will make things happen twice as fast at least when cutting.

Last edited:
what did you do at the end? lean bulk or body recomp