How does one actually start working out?

Arkantos

Arkantos

Arkantos
My school has a weight room that I can go to for lunch period which is 75 minutes long. How do I actually start lifting and working out? I have no experience with this sort of activity.

r/fitness wiki has decent programs for newbies

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos, Extra Chromosome and Autist
pick things up and put them down. if it doesnt work then ur genetics arent good enough and its over

• +1
Reactions: fobos, JovanD, Deleted member 470 and 11 others
Fullbody 3 times a week

• +1
Reactions: chadisnow, mojopin, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
If youre a noob literally anything works just start now and be consistent.

• +1
Reactions: sorrowfulsad, Deleted member 245 and Autist
Stronglifts or Starting Strength by Mark Riptoe

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos
Always skip leg day and just do like 3 lifts every day monday wednesday friday for 5 sets each of 5 reps, mostly compounds. when you don't gain jack shit (and you wont) then go on roids

oh yeah and PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
Train your legs brO0. Girls don't like chicken legs brO0. Girls notice your ass first brO0. Face doesn't matter brO0. It's all in your head brO0.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470, Wincel, RichardSpencel and 1 other person
Train your legs brO0. Girls don't like chicken legs brO0. Girls notice your ass first brO0. Face doesn't matter brO0. It's all in your head brO0.
VgfGv53.png

• +1
Reactions: nattycel and ZyzzReincarnate
910A5FEE A530 495E ADE5 C63E481E7780

Last naturals program works

You will be gain muscle no matter what you do as noob tbh

Lurk the /fit/ board on 4chan tbh that's how I started.

• +1
Hey that's that guy with the nice ass.
Images 15

Compound lifts (bench,deadlifts,squats,) 3-4 x a week.

daily reminder: there is no gym for your face

• +1
Stronglifts or Starting Strength by Mark Riptoe
I'm going to do the Starting Strength one on his website. I already eat healthy (no soda, enough water, whole grains, fruits, non-soy milk, meat, &c.) but I'm wondering if I need to change such my diet such as eating a drastic amount of extra protein to actually do this correctly.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Autist
Legit tho you probably should still train your legs. The people who don't ever train their legs look weird.

Legit tho you probably should still train your legs. The people who don't ever train their legs look weird.
It won't hurt to have some development. But focusing your gym energy on squats when you can focus on neck, forearms, shoulders, lats, arms is plain stupid.

I'm going to do the Starting Strength one on his website. I already eat healthy (no soda, enough water, whole grains, fruits, non-soy milk, meat, &c.) but I'm wondering if I need to change such my diet such as eating a drastic amount of extra protein to actually do this correctly.

Watch some videos online.

But keep this in mind: the first week or so are your hardest, it gets WAYYYY easier after that and will start being enjoyable after about a month.

• +1
Look at my gymcel megathread in the looksmax archive

• +1
get a PT to train with you for a month to teach you all compound lifts then hop on David Laid's 6/7 days DUP program. Best routine I tried and I tried all of them

Put this on max volume and you're pretty much done.

• +1
Reactions: kobecel, Deleted member 483 and androidcel
Always skip leg day and just do like 3 lifts every day monday wednesday friday for 5 sets each of 5 reps, mostly compounds. when you don't gain jack shit (and you wont) then go on roids

oh yeah and PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD
Don't eve disrespect the iron by saying to skip leg day. Learn to build up some mental toughness you pussy.

• +1
Reactions: kobecel
Don't eve disrespect the iron by saying to skip leg day. Learn to build up some mental toughness you pussy.
You should see my fucking legs dude. I did SL5x5 for a year and it ruined me. I will never squat another day in my life. I can't even get them to atrophy.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel and androidcel
You should see my fucking legs dude. I did SL5x5 for a year and it ruined me. I will never squat another day in my life.
did you even develop quads with SL5x5, cuz squats are usually hip dominant and don't grow much quads jfl

• Hmm...
Reactions: thecel
did you even develop quads with SL5x5, cuz squats are usually hip dominant and don't grow much quads jfl
Idk what form you do on squats but I always felt it all in my quads

• +1
Reactions: thecel and androidcel
  • +1
Reactions: thecel
  • +1
Reactions: Wincel and androidcel
You should see my fucking legs dude. I did SL5x5 for a year and it ruined me. I will never squat another day in my life. I can't even get them to atrophy.
Well a least deadlift.

Well a least deadlift.
I still do deadlifts for fun occasionally, not part of my routine. Why are they important? I get enough "mental toughness" debating retards on bone morphology

• +1