How I slowed my hair loss down by 90%

Deleted member 4014

Deleted member 4014

Iron
Long story short always had shit genes when it comes to inflamed scalp and developed fungal type scabs throughout teen years. Did some research and found that one of the biggest causes of hair loss was due to scalp inflammation and tension/lack of blood flow & oxygen, not just DHT (although still plays a part.)
Been using ketoconazole shampoo with added sage and tea tree oil twice per week which has eliminated all the itchiness and inflammation I used to have and noticed shedding decreased almost to no hair loss at all. Added this in with diet high in omega 3 animal fats, iron as well as Zinc, Fish oil, Cod Liver oil and daily scalp massages honestly makes such a huge difference.

Just saying don't start fin before assessing if you just have a super inflamed red itchy scalp and or not enough oxygen/blood flow to the hair follicles because most likely if you do then thats the root cause of your hair loss.
Photo below is some of the products I use

Attachments

• 155162459_422880328996017_797431878983960227_n.jpg
    155162459_422880328996017_797431878983960227_n.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 612
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Atem Rah and 29 others
How long do you massage scalp?

How long do you massage scalp?
usually do 5-10 minutes while watching movie before bed
relaxes the fuck out of me which causes me to get to sleep quickly as well which is bonus

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, animo123, Deleted member 6273 and 2 others
L_rz_CJf4bODs_UX9mjPW8PXtlE0mHhkDyGIti86tAk.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, oldcelloser, Linoob and 27 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: oldcelloser, Deleted member 14262 and Deleted member 4014
still cope
if you wanna deny that scalp tension and lack of oxygen is one of the main causes of hairloss even though there is countless studies supporting the claim then go ahead buddy boyo

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, Deleted member 12218, EasternRightWinger15 and 15 others
if you wanna deny that scalp tension and lack of oxygen is one of the main causes of hairloss even though there is countless studies supporting the claim then go ahead buddy boyo
lmao alright cya in a couple of years boyo

• JFL
Reactions: zeshama, oldcelloser, OOGABOOGA and 9 others
I'd stay clear of essential oils like tea tree, sage, lavender etc.. if i were you, they were proven to cause endocrine disruption with estrogenic effects.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: oldcelloser and Julius
I'd stay clear of essential oils like tea tree, sage, lavender etc.. if i were you, they were proven to cause endocrine disruption with estrogenic effects.
Are you able to provide any studies done to prove this?
Also with most things that stop hairloss you'll probably get some of that due to the blocking of dht that they cause like finasteride.
Also highly doubt that using it twice a week would have any real negative side effects tbh or are you just claiming broscience

Just had a look and you're correct in some cases however negative effects wouldn't become apparent to someone who has finished puberty like I have. From my basic knowledge, the only way to truly stop hairloss is to use some anti androgenic drugs that inhibit the 5ar enzyme from converting test to dht

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
Are you able to provide any studies done to prove this?
Also with most things that stop hairloss you'll probably get some of that due to the blocking of dht that they cause like finasteride.
Also highly doubt that using it twice a week would have any real negative side effects tbh or are you just claiming broscience

Seems like it only has negative effects on boys and girls pre-puberty, also those studies don't mention how much or how often there were applying it. its worked for me so far, im not growing tits nor do I feel any different then before I was using it. JFL at people on this site that believe everything articles say before testing the shit on themselves. It's the same thing people say shit like Finasteride caused them to turn into a tranny or lose all sex drive

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, Danish_Retard and SteveRogers
Just had a look and you're correct in some cases however negative effects wouldn't become apparent to someone who has finished puberty like I have. From my basic knowledge, the only way to truly stop hairloss is to use some anti androgenic drugs that inhibit the 5ar enzyme from converting test to dht
It might be true, that most studies have been done on pubertal children but if this effect applies to teenagers there is a high probability that it will affect most of people anyway. The puberty may be just determinant, in which the changes become more apparent. It's always good to stay cautious.

It might be true, that most studies have been done on pubertal children but if this effect applies to teenagers there is a high probability that it will affect most of people anyway. The puberty may be just determinant, in which the changes become more apparent. It's always good to stay cautious.
I agree that you should stay cautious but realistically applying oils to your head and leaving them in for 3 minutes wouldn't cause enough absorption into your entire blood stream to actually effect any major functioning in the body. Thats why you only apply it on your head and not drinking it or leaving it on overnight. Also hasn't effected me in any way that I know of, if anything it has helped relax my scalp and reduce the inflammation that was there

I see you’re taking MSM, did you notice it made your hair thicker?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9048
I agree that you should stay cautious but realistically applying oils to your head and leaving them in for 3 minutes wouldn't cause enough absorption into your entire blood stream to actually effect any major functioning in the body. Thats why you only apply it on your head and not drinking it or leaving it on overnight. Also hasn't effected me in any way that I know of, if anything it has helped relax my scalp and reduce the inflammation that was there
Np man, if it works for you then go ahead, just wanted to share my concerns, perhaps someone might find them useful and come to a different conclusion.

• +1
Reactions: Whaddup and Deleted member 4014
I see you’re taking MSM, did you notice it made your hair thicker?
definitely, the added sulfur you get from msm is necessary for your follicles to be strong

• +1
Reactions: audreyen
dnr, nice to have you there mr connor murphy

• JFL
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and ifyouwannabemylover
Np man, if it works for you then go ahead, just wanted to share my concerns, perhaps someone might find them useful and come to a different conclusion.
I appreciate the comments though no lie, I think at the end of the day you need to do your own research and use trial and error with stuff like this

• +1
Reactions: Eclipse

Attachments

• BA8C84B8-9FAE-41CD-8018-898ADF1DC48E.jpeg
    BA8C84B8-9FAE-41CD-8018-898ADF1DC48E.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 185
  • JFL
Reactions: BrickTop
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9048
r u a poster on hairlosstalk? feel like i've seen someone make a similar post to this on there

r u a poster on hairlosstalk? feel like i've seen someone make a similar post to this on there
No I dont post on there
I feel like its good that this knowledge is being spread though. people need to do more research instead of just claiming its entirely genetic

Last edited:
No I dont post on there
I feel like its good that this knowledge is being spread though. people need to do more research instead of just claiming 'muh dht levels'
you should tbh. This inflammation + fibrosis/calcification theory is not anything new. It's more than a decade old and discussed in length on that forum. They discuss a lot of other things on there as well. It's a lot more complex than just DHT, but the most effective, relatively side-effect free, and easy solution is finasteride, and so that's why ppl probably don't try and look beyond the DHT effect. Problem is blocking dht doesn't really help with regrowth too much.

There's actually a guy from the bodybuilding forum who recovered a lot of his hairline by taking a long list supplements with the intention of reducing inflammation. It was a very random looking regime and frankly the OP seemed like he didn't really know what he was talking about. But he got results. Getting comsetic regrowth on the temples is incredibly rare even with extreme protocols, so this was impressive. Not the best before and after pics but..

BEFORE
1 2 3

AFTER
4 5 6 7

• Woah
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, GigaAscender and Deleted member 4014
you should tbh. This inflammation + fibrosis/calcification theory is not anything new. It's more than a decade old and discussed in length on that forum. They discuss a lot of other things on there as well. It's a lot more complex than just DHT, but the most effective, relatively side-effect free, and easy solution is finasteride, and so that's why ppl probably don't try and look beyond the DHT effect. Problem is blocking dht doesn't really help with regrowth too much.

There's actually a guy from the bodybuilding forum who recovered a lot of his hairline by taking a long list supplements with the intention of reducing inflammation. It was a very random looking regime and frankly the OP seemed like he didn't really know what he was talking about. But he got results. Getting comsetic regrowth on the temples is incredibly rare even with extreme protocols, so this was impressive. Not the best before and after pics but..

BEFORE
View attachment 1016002View attachment 1016003View attachment 1016004

AFTER
View attachment 1016005View attachment 1016006View attachment 1016007View attachment 1016008

Holy fuck if that’s not frauded that’s insane
From NW2.5 to 0
I agree with you tbh, most people read and assume that anything other than fin is cope but I disagree. Never even mentioned that fin is poison or you should never take it, I just believe that inflammation of any part of your body not just the scalp is one of the underlying causes of issues in most people which they should address before resorting to other more drastic measures like fin or dut. Taking advice from my friends dad who cured his throat cancer without the use of chemo through reducing inflammation completely out of his body and making his body entirely alkaline through diet and supplementation was a big step for me in understanding what it can do to someone.
But seems like everyone wants the easy way out and if they don’t see results quickly they assume it doesn’t work

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12218, oldcelloser, OOGABOOGA and 2 others
Good thread man I'm gonna give it a try could u pls link me the exact keto shampoo u r using

what was your balding pattern looking like ?
i guess u have no before/after since u haven't posted it

since your stack worked well you didn't have AGA,

Solid thread, my derm says I have sebhorric dermatitis however the topical steroid and keto shampoo she prescribed NUKED my hair even more. Is there something in that list of products that actually counters how much keto dries out your scalp? I'm actually willing to try your stack, because why not.

BEFORE
View attachment 1016002View attachment 1016003View attachment 1016004

AFTER
View attachment 1016005View attachment 1016006View attachment 1016007View attachment 1016008

the fuck he's taking a hundred supps

the fuck he's taking a hundred supps
lmao yeah but the results are undeniable. This ended up being a 180 page thread on the bodybuilding forum. And there were a number of people that tried the protocol, but no one got these results (most were able to reduce/stop shedding, but that's about it). And only 2 other people posted pics in that whole thread, with their results being rather underwhelming.

The guy who made the protocol was very brosciencey and hyperspecific about all the things you had to do for the protocol to work. I think the general consensus is that the protocol doesn't work, but I still latch on to it because the OP's results are very impressive. And reducing inflammation is still key in fighting hair loss, so it's not complete broscience.

@ablanc10 said he recovered his Norwood by doing a similar protocol + microneedling, so who knows....

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
lmao yeah but the results are undeniable. This ended up being a 180 page thread on the bodybuilding forum. And there were a number of people that tried the protocol, but no one got these results (most were able to reduce/stop shedding, but that's about it). And only 2 other people posted pics in that whole thread, with their results being rather underwhelming.

The guy who made the protocol was very brosciencey and hyperspecific about all the things you had to do for the protocol to work. I think the general consensus is that the protocol doesn't work, but I still latch on to it because the OP's results are very impressive. And reducing inflammation is still key in fighting hair loss, so it's not complete broscience.

@ablanc10 said he recovered his Norwood by doing a similar protocol + microneedling, so who knows....
I gave proofs to a member of this forum 🤷‍♂️

I gave proofs to a member of this forum 🤷‍♂️
i know, i know, i ain't sayin u were lying. But the guy did say the pics were blurry and kinda hard to see :what:

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 5292
Can you describe how you massaged your scalp?

Only the balding areas or the whole scalp?

Can you describe how you massaged your scalp?

Only the balding areas or the whole scalp?
I personally use this one. It helped speed up the results from fin+min and reduced the dandruff.

OP what is your Norwood right now ? I'm currently using fin and min but I'll need to drop fin in the future, it's keeping me from my full potential mentally. I will stop using it when I found a better method.

My theory is that lack of oxygen/blood flow to the scalp creates calcification and inflammation in the scalp. DHT is the body's best anti-inflammatory so it's sent there and but a result it suffocates the follicles even more. That is why finasteride and minoxidil actually works.

Take care of the inflammation and the hairloss ceases.

Anyway I'm currently coming back from a NW3/2.5 to a thick NW2.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12218, OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 4014
I personally use this one * *. It helped speed up the results from fin+min and reduced the dandruff.

OP what is your Norwood right now ? I'm currently using fin and min but I'll need to drop fin in the future, it's keeping me from my full potential mentally. I will stop using it when I found a better method.

My theory is that lack of oxygen/blood flow to the scalp creates calcification and inflammation in the scalp. DHT is the body's best anti-inflammatory so it's sent there and but a result it suffocates the follicles even more. That is why finasteride and minoxidil actually works.

Take care of the inflammation and the hairloss ceases.

Anyway I'm currently coming back from a NW3/2.5 to a thick NW2.

Forgot link

Long story short always had shit genes when it comes to inflamed scalp and developed fungal type scabs throughout teen years. Did some research and found that one of the biggest causes of hair loss was due to scalp inflammation and tension/lack of blood flow & oxygen, not just DHT (although still plays a part.)
Been using ketoconazole shampoo with added sage and tea tree oil twice per week which has eliminated all the itchiness and inflammation I used to have and noticed shedding decreased almost to no hair loss at all. Added this in with diet high in omega 3 animal fats, iron as well as Zinc, Fish oil, Cod Liver oil and daily scalp massages honestly makes such a huge difference.

Just saying don't start fin before assessing if you just have a super inflamed red itchy scalp and or not enough oxygen/blood flow to the hair follicles because most likely if you do then thats the root cause of your hair loss.
Photo below is some of the products I use
Scalp massage with what tho? Also how many drops into a 100ml ketoconazole shampoo? I have exact same issue. (Or had) The infalmed, scabbing, sebborheic dermatitis prone, now lifeless low density without blow dry. And some one soded temple recession. Been doing some oral castor oil plus ketoconazole. Still get those fucking zits on the scalp though 😔😞

(kinda agree tho but if you have real MPB anti-androgens is the only thing that will help long term, but slashing 5ar for hair loss is dumb and we need better treatments asap before I'm nw5)

Good thread man I'm gonna give it a try could u pls link me the exact keto shampoo u r using
Couldn’t find it online but it’s called Nizoral 2%
Go to a chemist or pharmacist near you and ask for ketoconazole shampoo 20mg they should give it to you over the counter

• +1
Reactions: Whaddup
what was your balding pattern looking like ?
i guess u have no before/after since u haven't posted it

since your stack worked well you didn't have AGA,
I became a classic Norwood 2 quite quickly from ages of 20-21 and had massive shedding where I’d notice clumps and clumps of hair fall out in the past 6 to 12 months.
I don’t really have any photos since there hasn’t been any insane regrowth yet, the biggest thing for me was stopping the insane shedding which is what this stack did for me (hence why thread is called how I stopped 90%.) I think you only notice a big difference in actual hair growth if you stay disciplined with it for more than 8 months to a year but I’ve only been using keto shampoo and this stack for a month

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Solid thread, my derm says I have sebhorric dermatitis however the topical steroid and keto shampoo she prescribed NUKED my hair even more. Is there something in that list of products that actually counters how much keto dries out your scalp? I'm actually willing to try your stack, because why not.
Tbh I wouldn’t be using topical steroids in conjunction with the shampoo
It says on the bottle that it can cause more irritation if you are using corticosteroids with it and should consult doctor before doing so. Try wean off the steroid
Are you using anything like msm powder or topical magnesium as well?
Reason I ask is because keto shampoo is designed to basically strip your scalp completely of any fungal type stuff but you still need to apply things that help rebuild the biome your scalp needs to have healthy hair. Stuff like msm powder with the added sulfur as well as any nourishing oils (coconut, tea tree, jojoba) are going to assist in rebuilding the moisture your scalp needs to assist in hair growth

Doing this even wihout any signal of balding is a good idea too.
Makes the hair look more healthy

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262 and Deleted member 4014
Scalp massage with what tho? Also how many drops into a 100ml ketoconazole shampoo? I have exact same issue. (Or had) The infalmed, scabbing, sebborheic dermatitis prone, now lifeless low density without blow dry. And some one soded temple recession. Been doing some oral castor oil plus ketoconazole. Still get those fucking zits on the scalp though 😔😞
Just massage your scalp with your hands, make sure your fingers are gripping the scalp not just rubbing over it. I follow this vid
about 10 drops into shampoo

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and AsGoodAsItGets
View attachment 1016859

(kinda agree tho but if you have real MPB anti-androgens is the only thing that will help long term, but slashing 5ar for hair loss is dumb and we need better treatments asap before I'm nw5)
Ahahaha pre sure Connor Murphy completely fucked his entire system to the point his hair is irrecoverable from steroid and creatine abuse

I feel like you can do it right though, only small amounts of 5ar need to be reduced for dht production to be halted. That’s why fin works

Thanks bro
Just massage your scalp with your hands, make sure your fingers are gripping the scalp not just rubbing over it. I follow this vid

This guy is a literal dropshipper and you're taking his advice.

Hairloss shit has been solved to a degree, and if it doesn't hurt you or put you at some level of risk, it's because it almost certainly doesn't work. The next-level solutions aren't going to be rubbing your head for 5 minutes a day lmfao.

This guy is a literal dropshipper and you're taking his advice.

Hairloss shit has been solved to a degree, and if it doesn't hurt you or put you at some level of risk, it's because it almost certainly doesn't work. The next-level solutions aren't going to be rubbing your head for 5 minutes a day lmfao.
You’re ignorant
Of course specifically scalp massages won’t solve hair loss completely, it’s just one part that benefits you if you incorporate it with other things
Can’t get over the stupidity of some cunts on this site imo jfl

You’re ignorant
Of course specifically scalp massages won’t solve hair loss completely, it’s just one part that benefits you if you incorporate it with other things
Can’t get over the stupidity of some cunts on this site imo jfl
Dude you literally just got caught posting a literal fucking dropshipper as a source.

If you aren't unironically embarrassed, it's probably because you're braindead.

I would say do some research but you entertained using fin despite literally saying you had an inflamed scalp. You aren't even willing to do ((good)) research for your own sake, don't spread your bullshit to everyone else.

Last edited:
Dude you literally just got caught posting a literal fucking dropshipper as a source.

If you aren't unironically embarrassed, it's probably because you're braindead.

I would say do some research but you entertained using fin despite literally saying you had an inflamed scalp. You aren't even willing to do ((good)) research for your own sake, don't spread your bullshit to everyone else.
Doesn’t really matter about the source tbh, it’s just a vid as a guide for scalp massages
You’re a cuck for thinking otherwise