How long does a hair transplant last?

Deleted member 1089

Deleted member 1089

Luv fightin and beer
How long does it usually last? Can it last forever?
I want to get a HT tbh.

Hairtransplants are forever they extract the roots from the back of your head which is not sensitive to dht

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1089
depends if your hairs in the deemed safe donor zone are susceptible to DHT

• +1
Hairtransplants are forever they extract the roots from the back of your head which is not sensitive to dht

Woah thats lifefuel if that is true,
I heard you go bald again most of the time.
depends if your hairs in the deemed safe donor zone are susceptible to DHT

I see, well lets hope not.

Theoretically forever as the transplanted follicles are from the back and sides of your head which are dht immune, however the hair that is still on the top of the scalp will continue to recede over time. Best thing to do is get on minoxidil and dermaroll. Then decide if you need finasteride. Then if you have stabilized you can for a transplant.

• +1
Theoretically forever as the transplanted follicles are from the back and sides of your head which are dht immune, however the hair that is still on the top of the scalp will continue to recede over time. Best thing to do is get on minoxidil and dermaroll. Then decide if you need finasteride. Then if you have stabilized you can for a transplant.

Going on minoxidil soon,
I'm only 18 so I havnt balded that much but I'm getting prepared for the future.

I wish I started fin at the first signs. Would be a Norwood 1 right now.

Dermaroll with min and you get far superior results. Only once a week is needed. Not too much to do considering it does so much better.

• +1
Reactions: AspiringChad
Unless you're one of the few people with DHT sensitive hairs on the back of your head, it should last you your entire life. What you need to worry about are the hairs that aren't transplanted, because those can fall out, leaving you with a funny look.

• Woah