How much does having an MSE installed Cost (US)?

OldRooster

OldRooster

Get off my lawn!
Yea, I know you can buy and MSE for like $150. But only a lunatic would try to put one himself.

So, has anyone gotten a quote for an Ortho to do this?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, CopeIsReal, BrettyBoy and 1 other person
Just put it in yourself pussy

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Chadelite, DianabolDownie, Deleted member 3202 and 6 others
Probably at least 5k knowing how jewish the us is

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory, Deleted member 3202, CopeAndRope and 2 others
Wasn't it like 17k?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and PenileFacialSurgery
  • JFL
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory, Deleted member 685, CopeAndRope and 2 others
Mine was $11k all in with MSE + braces + retainers in a major metropolitan city.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Alvik, Deleted member 3202 and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202 and varbrah
Pics or you’ve been trolling

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Warlow, NarcyChadlite, Deleted member 3990 and 1 other person
Pics or you’ve been trolling

All in good time. Will probably throw together a blog post or something with x-rays and cbct overlays and all that (similar to Won Moon's study), so any results I present will be definitive. I have all of the files so far, but haven't gotten around to completing it yet. Mostly it's a bitch manually converting all of the DICOM files into usable 3D models and I haven't felt like purchasing fancy software or dedicating what little free time I have after work to mastering the crappy free software just to satisfy a bunch of internet autists :)

• +1
Reactions: Cope, Deleted member 3202, kota and 2 others
All in good time. Will probably throw together a blog post or something with x-rays and cbct overlays and all that (similar to Won Moon's study), so any results I present will be definitive. I have all of the files so far, but haven't gotten around to completing it yet. Mostly it's a bitch manually converting all of the DICOM files into usable 3D models and I haven't felt like purchasing fancy software or dedicating what little free time I have after work to mastering the crappy free software just to satisfy a bunch of internet autists :)
Sounds good dude. How would you describe your results, and did you use a facepuller/facemask? Also any chance that metropolitan city was Chicago?

Sounds good dude. How would you describe your results, and did you use a facepuller/facemask? Also any chance that metropolitan city was Chicago?

Yes MSE+FM. Results were pretty good, I discussed them a bit on the-great-work. To summarize: wider, fuller midface; zygomatic arch more prominent; slight nasal tip rotation due to better support from the maxilla; and of course, better breathing.

What's been pleasantly surprising though is the incremental soft tissue changes that have occurred from breathing properly and consequently being able to maintain proper oral posture 24/7 over the past few months. For example, while MSE didn't directly affect my mandible, my jaw looks a lot better due to improved muscle tone of the masseters and other muscle groups, like those that affect the hyoid, for example. My eye area has also gotten a lot better looking since, even after I finished expanding (probably due to better sleep, oxygenation, etc.), and despite no other osseous changes to the orbitals occurring post-MSE.

• +1
Reactions: Cope, kota and OOGABOOGA
Yes MSE+FM. Results were pretty good, I discussed them a bit on the-great-work. To summarize: wider, fuller midface; zygomatic arch more prominent; slight nasal tip rotation due to better support from the maxilla; and of course, better breathing.

What's been pleasantly surprising though is the incremental soft tissue changes that have occurred from breathing properly and consequently being able to maintain proper oral posture 24/7 over the past few months. For example, while MSE didn't directly affect my mandible, my jaw looks a lot better due to improved muscle tone of the masseters and other muscle groups, like those that affect the hyoid, for example. My eye area has also gotten a lot better looking since, even after I finished expanding (probably due to better sleep, oxygenation, etc.), and despite no other osseous changes to the orbitals occurring post-MSE.
Awesome, sounds like you had sleep apnea? If so did insurance help? I think I’ve got it and I’m seeing an ent next week to get tested. How far did you expand and what other plans do you have to looksmax?

@CopeAndRope gih brah

• +1
Reactions: CopeAndRope

Any change with your IPD? Bizygomatic width? How many mm of forward growth? How many grams of pulling force? For how many hours per day?

I'm glad you moved away from that place, it was awful reading the responses to your threads there.

Awesome, sounds like you had sleep apnea? If so did insurance help? I think I’ve got it and I’m seeing an ent next week to get tested. How far did you expand and what other plans do you have to looksmax?

@CopeAndRope gih brah

Yup, major sleep apnea. ~70mm^2 minimum airway area, whereas ~200mm^2 is generally considered 'acceptable' in a clinical setting. The beauty of the MSE is that even just a few millimeters of expansion has an exponential impact on the airway (consider the 'squared' term in any area formula). I was breathing like a king within a few days of the suture splitting.

Expanded ~10mm.

Not sure what I will be doing go forward. I have some semblance of a plan, but whether or not I am able to follow through with it depends on whether I can get docs to go along with them. For now I'm just enjoying no longer having metal in my mouth, lol.
Any change with your IPD? Bizygomatic width? How many mm of forward growth? How many grams of pulling force? For how many hours per day?

I'm glad you moved away from that place, it was awful reading the responses to your threads there.

Comparing my regular 2D x-rays, no changes to the position of the eye sockets and no noticeable changes to my IPD just from looking in the mirror, despite very noticeable changes to the rest of the midfacial structures.

1.5kg force per side.

8-12 hours per day.

And yeah posting on TGW was difficult to say the least. Definitely some bright people there, but most are absolutely bluepilled or totally delusional.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: OldRooster, OOGABOOGA and CopeAndRope
Yup, major sleep apnea. ~70mm^2 minimum airway area, whereas ~200mm^2 is generally considered 'acceptable' in a clinical setting. The beauty of the MSE is that even just a few millimeters of expansion has an exponential impact on the airway (consider the 'squared' term in any area formula). I was breathing like a king within a few days of the suture splitting.

Expanded ~10mm.

Not sure what I will be doing go forward. I have some semblance of a plan, but whether or not I am able to follow through with it depends on whether I can get docs to go along with them. For now I'm just enjoying no longer having metal in my mouth, lol.

Comparing my regular 2D x-rays, no changes to the position of the eye sockets and no noticeable changes to my IPD just from looking in the mirror, despite very noticeable changes to the rest of the midfacial structures.

1.5kg force per side.

8-12 hours per day.

And yeah posting on TGW was difficult to say the least. Definitely some bright people there, but most are absolutely bluepilled or totally delusional.
Awesome. How many mm of forward groth with the fp? Are you planning on doing a round 2 of mse? What about the lower jaw, ever thought of msdo to get transversal expansion? imdo for sagittal expansion?

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
@varbrah would you say you had forward growth of the whole lefort 3 area or is it more localized?

Awesome. How many mm of forward groth with the fp? Are you planning on doing a round 2 of mse? What about the lower jaw, ever thought of msdo to get transversal expansion? imdo for sagittal expansion?

3-4mm confirmed - won't say differently until I can confirm otherwise, following analysis of my CBCT scans.

No plans for MSE round 2 as my IMW is quite large now as it is. No plans for MSDO not IMDO. Would be quite difficult to do with work and all anyway.
@varbrah would you say you had forward growth of the whole lefort 3 area or is it more localized?

The entire maxilla.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: kota, OOGABOOGA and CopeAndRope
3-4mm confirmed - won't say differently until I can confirm otherwise, following analysis of my CBCT scans.

No plans for MSE round 2 as my IMW is quite large now as it is. No plans for MSDO not IMDO. Would be quite difficult to do with work and all anyway.

The entire maxilla.
Holy shit lifefuel

How old are you, and did you where for the standard three months?

• +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU
Holy shit lifefuel

If It's around 1mm per month for avg 10hours of pulling per day at 3kg of force, that's fucking lifefuel.

• +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU and OOGABOOGA
If It's around 1mm per month for avg 10hours of pulling per day at 3kg of force, that's fucking lifefuel.
Ikr I’m waiting on his answer so I can redo my calculations from this morning

Holy shit lifefuel

23. Seven months in total.

Not *necessarily* life fuel given that results are likely highly dependent on an individual basis. MSE was able to split my suture resulting in a diastema within 2 days of turning, yet did nothing and failed to split the suture in the case of my friend (same age), even after two weeks and despite cortipuncture by his orthodontist to mechanically weaken the suture. Results will probably vary heavily based on sutural maturity, stem cell activity at the sutures adjacent to the maxilla, and probably other factors/mechanisms which I know nothing about. Important to know this before committing $10k+, but I was comfortable with this given that I wanted a solution to my airway issues that didn't involve an osteotomy.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and CopeAndRope
@OOGABOOGA 4mm/7months=.57mm/mo

The result of your calculation this morning was .56mm/mo. Jfl.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU and OOGABOOGA
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Chadelite and OOGABOOGA
@OOGABOOGA 4mm/7months=.57mm/mo

The result of your calculation this morning was .56mm/mo. Jfl.
Different time allotment though so .57x1.5=.85. Thats about a cm in a year. Also this may be dumb but going of the pe principle of healing in a stretched state(fuckin lol) the time:change ratio might not be linear. So 10hrs may be more than 10x change compared to 1hr. Between that and age maybe I’ll get an mm+/month if I’m really full time with it. Btw @varbrah I just turned 20 and was a pretty late bloomer so mine should split. So did insurance not help you cover the cost bc of sleep apnea? My moms an exec at an insurance company so I think I’ve got good coverage.

Also were you wearing the facemask that whole time? And did you notice a difference in the rate of change while you were expanding vs maintaining afterwards?

Last edited:
That's my plan. Do MSE + FP and see what gains I achieve then bimax or bsso. w/ genio.

Except I have to pay for everything.
Good plan, and yeah the insurance is a wild card for me idk if that’ll work but if it does oh baby

Mine was $11k all in with MSE + braces + retainers in a major metropolitan city.
Lifefuel if true. I can scrap that much together.

I just got my braces off for a second time. And have to get them again after getting MSE
SARPE is only half of MSE? Well id better get that then huh.

And i thought you were bluepilled too lol, welcome to the dark side i guess.
Most of the MSE before after patients remain at a fairly high bf and don't really change their function, bone is one thing but neglecting the soft tissues is foolish, that's why many peoples don't get the results they wanted with implants and doublejaw surgery.

You are low bf, have proper oral posture and you are lookspilled, your before afters are 100x more valuable than other MSE patients for the aforementioned reasons.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Golden Glass
@varbrah did you have problems with hairloss before and if so, did it improve ?

@varbrah did you have problems with hairloss before and if so, did it improve ?

Yes. I’ve had some improvements, but I wouldn’t attribute them to MSE since I’m also on AGA treatments. My skin quality has gotten a lot better though post-MSE which has probably provided a boost to hair, but likely nothing major.

@varbrah forgot if you answered this elsewhere, but how did facepulling go? Did you protract at all, and if so, about how much?

@varbrah forgot if you answered this elsewhere, but how did facepulling go? Did you protract at all, and if so, about how much?
Approximately 3-4mm in total over 7 months.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass

I’m so scared of the procedure. I really want to start sleeping good, but the whole thing scares me to death. The pain!!

I’m so scared of the procedure. I really want to start sleeping good, but the whole thing scares me to death. The pain!!
I got 2-3 babyteeth extracted at 12 without anesthetics/numbing and also braces installed twice without numbing (but for no gains lol, I fucking hate orthos and dentists)

I got 2-3 babyteeth extracted at 12 without anesthetics/numbing and also braces installed twice without numbing (but for no gains lol, I fucking hate orthos and dentists)
Dude these are screws plus the screws are being pulled apart until it cracks bones open!

Any change in IPD?

I saw on the great work that you used some hgh boosting substances. What did you use and do you think it sped up progression?

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
I saw on the great work that you used some hgh boosting substances. What did you use and do you think it sped up progression?
MK-677 daily and GHRP2 (later, ipamorelin)/ModGRF 3x daily. I obviously don't have a control to compare it to, but from a biochemical standpoint it certainly should've sped things up.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass and curryslayerordeath
MK-677 daily and GHRP2 (later, ipamorelin)/ModGRF 3x daily. I obviously don't have a control to compare it to, but from a biochemical standpoint it certainly should've sped things up.

Subcutaneous injections 3x daily?