how much height can stretching give you?

YoungRichNigga

YoungRichNigga

"We ain't making it past 21" - Juice Wrld
title

can I gain 0.5 inches from stretching so i can reach a solid 6'1 morning height?

in combination with Glucosamine and Vitamin K, stretching over a extended period should give you 1-2 inches max, not including any posture gains or regular disc refilling

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, uglygypsy, piscicide and 1 other person
in combination with Glucosamine and Vitamin K, stretching over a extended period should give you 1-2 inches max, not including any posture gains or regular disc refilling
how long would u have to do it for?

how long would u have to do it for?
depends on your level of consistency and hormones, from a few months till up to a year, possibly more depending on techniques used

Last edited:
depends on your level of consistency and hormones, from a few months till up to a year, possibly more
yeah but 1-2 inches sounds insane,

I think any height made by stretching is temporary

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, LowTierNormie, Yo momma and 1 other person
yeah but 1-2 inches sounds insane,
not really, 2 inches is only 5 cm, there are 23 vertebrae in the spine, if you managed to stretch each by just 2mm, 23x2 = 46mm
= 4.6cm
Age also matters, the older you are the less you will gain, most will fall in the 2-4cm range

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is cope. Stretching will help correct posture deficiencies and will undo much of the loss in height you experience over the course of the day due to compression. It will not grow your skeleton or provide any permanent boost to height beyond what could already be achieved by standing with good posture. The only way you'll gain 2 inches is if you have fairly serious defects in posture. If you don't have serious pelvic tilt/forward head/stooping, you'll be lucky to gain half an inch of permanent height from stretching for posture gains.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Deleted member 6382, LowTierNormie and 1 other person
Unfortunately this is cope. Stretching will help correct posture deficiencies and will undo much of the loss in height you experience over the course of the day due to compression. It will not grow your skeleton or provide any permanent boost to height beyond what could already be achieved by standing with good posture. The only way you'll gain 2 inches is if you have fairly serious defects in posture. If you don't have serious pelvic tilt/forward head/stooping, you'll be lucky to gain half an inch of permanent height from stretching for posture gains.
and you know this because?

and you know this because?
Because there has never been a study that has demonstrated that stretching or any supplements cause height gain after puberty. Also because of the simple and obvious fact that stretching doesn't grow your bones or cartilage. It only increases the space between bones which fairly quickly gets recompressed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6382, LowTierNormie and sasha777
Because there has never been a study that has demonstrated that stretching or any supplements cause height gain after puberty. Also because of the simple and obvious fact that stretching doesn't grow your bones or cartilage. It only increases the space between bones which fairly quickly gets recompressed.
Incorrect, many people have reported height changes, some from supplementation alone, the space doesnt recompress either, particularly in younger people, those spaces can be filled with cartilage and potentially bone if it ends up ossifying

The only examples of recompression we've seen are from astronauts, that dont follow any routine, who gain the same amount (2 inches, coincidentally)

Last edited:
Incorrect, many people have reported height changes, some from supplementation alone, the space doesnt recompress either, particularly in younger people, those spaces can be filled with cartilage and potentially bone if it ends up ossifying

The only examples of recompression we've seen are from astronauts, that dont follow any routine, who gain the same amount (2 inches, coincidentally)
People reporting height changes from supplementation means next to nothing without a controlled study. Some people gain height all the way up to age 25, and without controls it's impossible to tell whether they would have gained that height naturally without the supplements. Moreover it's extremely easy for people to falsely report data or simply incorrectly measure their own height. This is especially a concern given that people want so badly for it to be true that you can do something to increase your height.

As far as the spaces created by stretching being filled, by what mechanism do you suggest this might happen? "Ossifying" is just a word. You cannot explain what about stretching would cause bones to grow larger in the first place, so whether the bones ossify or not is beside the point. Similarly how do you suggest that cartilage will spontaneously fill spaces created by stretching? Stretching will allow the cartilage to refill with fluid, but that doesn't increase the mass of the cartilage itself at all, and it will compress when gravity forces the fluid back out again, routine or no.

This is obviously a pipe dream. I don't fault you for wishing there was a way to increase your height. I'm not exactly satisfied with mine either. But you're telling people to spend time and money on something that has never been proven and that goes against our entire understanding of the way bones and cartilage work. There is absolutely no reason to think that stretching or supplementation will cause permanent height growth after puberty and there are several very good reasons to think that it definitely won't. Do what you want to your body, but don't mislead others when you have no reason at all to give them false hope.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6382, chadison, Need2Ascend and 2 others
  • JFL
Reactions: Lolcel and W0KESTMOTHF
People reporting height changes from supplementation means next to nothing without a controlled study. Some people gain height all the way up to age 25, and without controls it's impossible to tell whether they would have gained that height naturally without the supplements. Moreover it's extremely easy for people to falsely report data or simply incorrectly measure their own height. This is especially a concern given that people want so badly for it to be true that you can do something to increase your height.

As far as the spaces created by stretching being filled, by what mechanism do you suggest this might happen? "Ossifying" is just a word. You cannot explain what about stretching would cause bones to grow larger in the first place, so whether the bones ossify or not is beside the point. Similarly how do you suggest that cartilage will spontaneously fill spaces created by stretching? Stretching will allow the cartilage to refill with fluid, but that doesn't increase the mass of the cartilage itself at all, and it will compress when gravity forces the fluid back out again, routine or no.

This is obviously a pipe dream. I don't fault you for wishing there was a way to increase your height. I'm not exactly satisfied with mine either. But you're telling people to spend time and money on something that has never been proven and that goes against our entire understanding of the way bones and cartilage work. There is absolutely no reason to think that stretching or supplementation will cause permanent height growth after puberty and there are several very good reasons to think that it definitely won't. Do what you want to your body, but don't mislead others when you have no reason at all to give them false hope.
Damm bro well said , you destroyed him ngl, I hate these people who say stretching , gluco can give you permanent height

• +1
Reactions: sasha777

The people desperate for height increases will tend to be much shorter and will be looking for gains much beyond just a couple inches.

As for the spaces, mechanical tension causes bone/cartilage to remodel and grow, this has already been proven in scientific literature, seen in weightlifters where it made their bones grow denser and thicker.
Gravity itself is a form of mechanical tension, except it is a more subtle compressive force, mechanical tension going in the opposite direction will trigger pathways relating to growth factors, it is inevitable.

As for your approach, I believe your own grievances with your height prevent you from seeing this area from an intellectual and objective point of view, all you have given me is the typical common sense type "You cant grow" response

They gave Mike Mew the same treatment.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
0.00000001 mm

• +1
Reactions: Tom2004, Deleted member 8486 and W0KESTMOTHF
The people desperate for height increases will tend to be much shorter and will be looking for gains much beyond just a couple inches.

As for the spaces, mechanical tension causes bone/cartilage to remodel and grow, this has already been proven in scientific literature, seen in weightlifters where it made their bones grow denser and thicker.
Gravity itself is a form of mechanical tension, except it is a more subtle compressive force, mechanical tension going in the opposite direction will trigger pathways relating to growth factors, it is inevitable.

As for your approach, I believe your own grievances with your height prevent you from seeing this area from an intellectual and objective point of view, all you have given me is the typical common sense type "You cant grow" response

0.00000001 mm

Cope man. Use lifts or LL

Cope, LL doesnt work
This Greycel is down syndrome retarded tier, says stretching can give you 1-2inches which is obviously incorrect and then proceeds to say that possibly only thing that's guaranteed to give you height doesn't work . Lol

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LowTierNormie, Tom2004, Bird Bluebird and 1 other person
This Greycel is down syndrome retarded tier, says stretching can give you 1-2inches which is obviously incorrect and then proceeds to say that possibly only thing that's guaranteed to give you height doesn't work . Lol
It was sarcasm kiddo, also I'm not white, the boy on your avi is though

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: HighIQcel and W0KESTMOTHF

There is a reason the common sense "you can't grow" response is so typical: it's manifestly true. It is flatly impossible to permanently increase your height by stretching. There is no proven mechanism by which stretching increases bone density, bone length, bone thickness, cartilage mass, or anything of the sort. There is no scientific study that has demonstrated that stretching permanently increases height. There is no reason whatsoever to think that stretching permanently affects anything even remotely associated with height aside from posture. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. There is no intellectual or objective point of view from which you could possibly approach this question and arrive at the position that stretching permanently increases height.

Nothing you have said draws a concrete, provable connection from stretching to an increase in height or anything that might cause an increase in height. "Ossification," "mechanical tension," "growth factors," and the like are all scientific-sounding words that are completely unconnected to any material explanation for how stretching could plausibly cause bone or cartilage growth. If you have any study that relates anything you've said to height growth, I'd love to see it. Otherwise, you're talking completely out of your ass and I see no reason to continue this conversation.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
There is a reason the common sense "you can't grow" response is so typical: it's manifestly true. It is flatly impossible to permanently increase your height by stretching. There is no proven mechanism by which stretching increases bone density, bone length, bone thickness, cartilage mass, or anything of the sort. There is no scientific study that has demonstrated that stretching permanently increases height. There is no reason whatsoever to think that stretching permanently affects anything even remotely associated with height aside from posture. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. There is no intellectual or objective point of view from which you could possibly approach this question and arrive at the position that stretching permanently increases height.

Nothing you have said draws a concrete, provable connection from stretching to an increase in height or anything that might cause an increase in height. "Ossification," "mechanical tension," "growth factors," and the like are all scientific-sounding words that are completely unconnected to any material explanation for how stretching could plausibly cause bone or cartilage growth. If you have any study that relates anything you've said to height growth, I'd love to see it. Otherwise, you're talking completely out of your ass and I see no reason to continue this conversation.
So you havent heard of Wolff's law?
As for your comment on studies, the same could be said for Mewing, there no official studies supporting it directly, yet many people around the world know of it and do it and get results.
If you had any actual scientific knowledge regarding this field, or even this area of biology in general, you would understand the significance behind those 'scientific sounding' words.
If you're looking for scientific data on height growth, I would direct you to naturalheightgrowth.com

Last edited:
So you havent heard of Wolff's law?
As for your comment on studies, the same could be said for Mewing, there no official studies supporting it directly, yet many people around the world know of it and do it and get results.
If you had any actual scientific knowledge regarding this field, or even this area of biology in general, you would understand the significance behind those 'scientific sounding' words.
If you're looking for scientific data on height growth, I would direct you to naturalheightgrowth.com

So sad I believe you but I'll still start stretching jfl

Currently testing glucosamine-msm and stretches. Gonna edit after a week but I think even an inch is bit of a stretch. 1 cm sounds realistic.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
Currently testing glucosamine-msm and stretches. Gonna edit after a week but I think even an inch is bit of a stretch. 1 cm sounds realistic.
So did you gain any height?

i'm taking it twice a day. haven't measured yet to ensure the effects. gonna edit after a couple days.
Are you combining with stretches?
Also a week is quite small for a timeframe, I would do 2 weeks minimum

Are you combining with stretches?
Also a week is quite small for a timeframe, I would do 2 weeks minimum
you might be right. i learned some spine decompression exercises but didn't do it consistantly. ı need to start stretching asap.

you might be right. i learned some spine decompression exercises but didn't do it consistantly. ı need to start stretching asap.
How old are you

Also you could try tracking over a month, do these first two weeks with just supplements and the next two with both and see how each works

• +1
Reactions: nonserviam
How old are you

Also you could try tracking over a month, do these first two weeks with just supplements and the next two with both and see how each works

Turned 16 2 months ago. Learnt about looksmaxxing early which is good. I don't think I can gain more than a cm though..

Turned 16 2 months ago. Learnt about looksmaxxing early which is good. I don't think I can gain more than a cm though..
You will probably gain significantly more than that
Issue is, youre quite young so we cant differentiate between whether height growth was caused by you or puberty

You will probably gain significantly more than that
Issue is, youre quite young so we cant differentiate between whether height growth was caused by you or puberty
got my growth plates x-rayed and doc told me i'm not gonna grow more than an inch so yeah that's why i started all this shit. so the gains will be related to glucosamine.

got my growth plates x-rayed and doc told me i'm not gonna grow more than an inch so yeah that's why i started all this shit. so the gains will be related to glucosamine.
I see, though those were most likely referring to growth plates in your limbs, your spine can probably still grow naturally through puberty, probably in the range of 1-3 inches

• +1
I see, though those were most likely referring to growth plates in your limbs, your spine can probably still grow naturally through puberty, probably in the range of 1-3 inches
yeah that's a major lifefuel cause i only got my wrists x-rayed and growth plates fuse at different times. pubertymaxxing can save me from 5'8

yeah that's a major lifefuel cause i only got my wrists x-rayed and growth plates fuse at different times. pubertymaxxing can save me from 5'8
Figures, wrists close pretty early at around 15-16 years of age, if your leg growth plates are still open you could grow 4+ inches in total

• Love it
Figures, wrists close pretty early at around 15-16 years of age, if your leg growth plates are still open you could grow 4+ inches in total
you sure about that ? endocrinologist are always pessimistic af

you sure about that ? endocrinologist are always pessimistic af
I used to do extensive research before on pubertal growth and height etc, which is how I know all this
Legs usually close in ages 17-21
You will most likely gain atleast 2 more inches total minimum

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Need2Ascend and nonserviam
I used to do extensive research before on pubertal growth and height etc, which is how I know all this
Legs usually close in ages 17-21
You will most likely gain atleast 2 more inches total minimum
let's see it man, let's just hope i will ascend

Does vitamin K make you taller even if your growth plates are closed?

JFL @ this absolute greycel filled thread
You all are retarded lmao grow by stretching
5ius a day when you were a kid will make you grow not some retarded exercises