How often and how to use Retin-A 0.025

prgfromnl

prgfromnl

Water is wet
How often in a day and how to use Retin-A 0.025? Apply it on whole face?

I use it after i wash my face before bed

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian
Once a week the first month, if you tolerate it good then switch to 2-3 times a week for 3-6 months, then change to 0.50.

Once a week the first month, if you tolerate it good then switch to 2-3 times a week for 3-6 months, then change to 0.50.
Ok thanks, in the evening or morning? And you mean 0.05 not 0.50 right?
I use it after i wash my face before bed
Do you use it every day? I think someone told me not to use it every day in the beginning but I'm not sure anymore

Ok thanks, in the evening or morning? And you mean 0.05 not 0.50 right?

Do you use it every day? I think someone told me not to use it every day in the beginning but I'm not sure anymore

Yeah I meant 0.05, use it in the evening b4 bed, the days you don't use it you could use glycolic acid, also start using a vitamin C serum in the mornings if you can.

I use my 0.05% every other day. I’ll keep his pattern up for another 3 weeks then I’ll use it every day. I want my face to get use to it gradually

• +1
Reactions: justanothergymcell
Do you guys use Vaseline or anything else after you applied Retin A?

almost no one will need to be this careful tbh

I went with once a day at night starting with 0.05 and it burned my face for like 2 days only (because I wasn't using any moisturizer like a retard), I think once every two days is fine to start off with, maybe even more often

• +1
Reactions: Heirio
Yeah I meant 0.05, use it in the evening b4 bed, the days you don't use it you could use glycolic acid, also start using a vitamin C serum in the mornings if you can.
do you know which one? So I can buy it

do you know which one? So I can buy it

Any that's just Vitamin C Concentrated, if they have AHA, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E or glycolic acid, it's really ok too, make sure to read the ingredients to see if they don't contain any parabens or weird shit, and really, search for the one that's concentrated.

Any that's just Vitamin C Concentrated, if they have AHA, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E or glycolic acid, it's really ok too, make sure to read the ingredients to see if they don't contain any parabens or weird shit, and really, search for the one that's concentrated.
Thanks man I'll buy it, share results after a few months of using retin-A + vitamin C

I bought my first reti a, the strongest 0,1 and i use everyday, i use as a sun screen also since its white.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 275
Use cleanser, then wait for face to dry, then retin-a, then moisturizer on top, only at night.

During day, cleanser (or water), moisturizer, sunscreen.

Start every other day for a couple of weeks, then move to every day after 2-3 weeks.

I used 0.025% once a day but after a week I had tons of dry and flaky skin on my face. Gonna use it a bit less often to not overdo it and get my skin used to it.

Everyone has different skin and tolerance levels.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
How often in a day and how to use Retin-A 0.025? Apply it on whole face?
Depends on a persons skin reaction.
I use for 2.5 months now, this stuff. About 3-4 times per week.
I have 0 bad consequences of red/flaky skin from it. I do though, "buffer" before I put it on in the evening before bed. I first wash my face, adn put on moisterizer. Then wait for about 30 minutes before everything is dry (prob. 10 minutes also fine); and then I put on the tretinoin/retin-A.
Next day in the morning, I again moisterize and sunblock,

Now after 3 months. great results for the skin, for a mid 30's old fag. Firmer, more youthfull skin. My Skin looks at least 5 years younger, and more healthy imo. compared to 4 months ago.
I also use under eyelids, and neck. Wich was adviced not to (more sensitive skin), but my sin reacted fine to it (so far). Because I don't like to get wrinkled around the eyes, and end up with a vagina looking neck.
Do you guys use Vaseline or anything else after you applied Retin A?
before i put on retinA. I use a moisterizer (cerave). A simple moisterizer, with very little active ingredients, since it might react badly with the retin-a (never know what unexpected reaction things may have when mixing it up).
I assume Vaseline might also be a good/decent moisterizer.

Why would you want to put on Vaseline AFTER the reatin-a?? Prevent flaking? If for prevent flaking, is think beforehand would be more efficient.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2933
I use it every other day without buffering (0.05%). Second week after I started my skin started to become red around the eyes, so I cut back to twice a week + buffer around eyes so my skin gets used to it.

I use my 0.05% every other day. I’ll keep his pattern up for another 3 weeks then I’ll use it every day. I want my face to get use to it gradually
Jfl I bombard my face with 0.1% everyday at once. Is it over?

I use it every other day and plan to maintain that way.

almost no one will need to be this careful tbh

I went with once a day at night starting with 0.05 and it burned my face for like 2 days only (because I wasn't using any moisturizer like a retard), I think once every two days is fine to start off with, maybe even more often
So you apply it and let it settle? And then after like 20 minutes put on moisturizer right?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470