How to convince my parents to let me take off braces?

D

Deleted member 6892

Kraken
Thinking about ripping them off with pliers at this point

You keep them on, stop reading bs

You keep them on, stop reading bs
Nah fuck jeworthodontists they made my teeth straight already now they want to fix my overbite by reccesing my maxilla with elastics and I don’t want to

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Nah fuck jeworthodontists they made my teeth straight already now they want to fix my overbite by reccesing my maxilla with elastics and I don’t want to
talk to your parents about jaw surgery . its either, fix it elastics , keep the overbite or get surgery. only 3 options .

for jaw surgery you can get bsso or imdo

• +1
Reactions: BlackPillChad
Why'd u get them in the first place jfl

The maxilla wont be recessed if they fix your overbite

• Hmm...
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
If your teeth were crooked in the first place, it is because you were already recessed. You might as well just go through with the braces/elastics and cope with buying a bimax later on

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, MentalistKebab and middayshowers
Had my braces on for an extra 4 fucking months cuz all of the orthodontists are closed too

• So Sad
Reactions: Dionysus
talk to your parents about jaw surgery . its either, fix it elastics , keep the overbite or get surgery. only 3 options .

for jaw surgery you can get bsso or imdo
Jaw surgery has a really high chance of relapse and complication
and just keep them on, extractions are the real issue

The maxilla wont be recessed if they fix your overbite
Elastics recces your maxilla bro and that the only way to fix an overbite with braces. Also I had an overjet they weren’t crooked in normal sense

Elastics recces your maxilla bro and that the only way to fix an overbite with braces. Also I had an overjet they weren’t crooked in normal sense
Dude stop reading bs, they don’t, link an actual study source and not just some maniac dude with the last name Mew who thinks putting your tongue on ur roof makes you a chad

• +1
Reactions: kuroro, xefo and Traxanas
i took the wire out of my brace but not the square thingy and my teeth are starting to change and become more U shaped by mewing

• JFL
Reactions: xefo
Dude stop reading bs, they don’t, link an actual study source and not just some maniac dude with the last name Mew who thinks putting your tongue on ur roof makes you a chad
if you use the maxilla as anchorage to pull the jaw forward of course you are going to pull the maxilla a bit back at the same time.

if you use the maxilla as anchorage to pull the jaw forward of course you are going to pull the maxilla a bit back at the same time.
Dude link me a study or I’m not going to pay attention, whats up with graycels and mewing, nigga it doesn’t work

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: kuroro, Traxanas, HighIQcel and 1 other person
Dude link me a study or I’m not going to pay attention, whats up with graycels and mewing, nigga it doesn’t work
i am not for mewing jfl.

and I don't need to prove anything to you
just search up skeletal effects of class 2 elastics

Are you daft? Look up a usual simulation of class 2 elastics, they move forward the mandible while pulling down the maxilla to meet at half way.

i am not for mewing jfl.

and I don't need to prove anything to you
just search up skeletal effects of class 2 elastics
All I find is reddit posts smh, and some old posts that prove no effects on the maxilla.

Are you daft? Look up a usual simulation of class 2 elastics, they move forward the mandible while pulling down the maxilla to meet at half way.

That’s not the maxilla that’s just your teeth smh, you can’t move the most important bone in your face with elastics

• +1
Reactions: kuroganeikki
That’s not the maxilla that’s just your teeth smh, you can’t move the most important bone in your face with elastics
Look at the lower maxilla it’s moved back as well

Look at the lower maxilla it’s moved back as well
CLASS II ELASTICS – Retracts upper teeth and moves lower teeth forward, reducing overjet. Run elastic from upper cuspid hook to the lower 1st or 2nd molar hook, as instructed.

• +1
Reactions: xefo
CLASS II ELASTICS – Retracts upper teeth and moves lower teeth forward, reducing overjet. Run elastic from upper cuspid hook to the lower 1st or 2nd molar hook, as instructed.
Obviously the point is move the teeth but maxilla moves back as well

Obviously the point is move the teeth but maxilla moves back as well
The animation doesn't show any movement of the maxilla imo

• Woah
Reactions: HighIQcel
it pulls down alveolar ridge look again
Corrects it.
You expect it to rotate your mandible and look retarded?

note: idk what it actually does, I am just referring to the animation

• +1
Reactions: Traxanas and deer
Corrects it.
You expect it to rotate your mandible and look retarded?

note: idk what it actually does, I am just referring to the animation
Alveolar ridge is the bottom part of maxilla near the teeth

it should have only pushed the mandible forward

Alveolar ridge is the bottom part of maxilla near the teeth

it should have only pushed the mandible forward
That would still leave you with crooked teeth, besides isn't it relatively minor at upper-mid section compared to correction displayed.

• +1
Reactions: deer
No kid should have a strong metal band wrapped around their maxilla during their prime developmental years. Modern medicine is an absolute fucking joke

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
No kid should have a strong metal band wrapped around their maxilla during their prime developmental years. Modern medicine is an absolute fucking joke
Also it's common for it to be subsidized, but only for kids.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5349
Clown World
We had an old lady for school dentist. She would drill randomly seemingly, and would cause cavities and fill them only to fall out a couple of months later. Fucking sickos, also heard about children dentists saving money on sedation. ... not to mention the rich history of them causing more problems then they solve, including mercury fillings... I don't think I have ever met an empathetic/human dentist, feels more like robots idk.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5349
We had an old lady for school dentist. She would drill randomly seemingly, and would cause cavities and fill them only to fall out a couple of months later. Fucking sickos, also heard about children dentists saving money on sedation. ... not to mention the rich history of them causing more problems then they solve, including mercury fillings... I don't think I have ever met an empathetic/human dentist, feels more like robots idk.
Dentists are just greedy scammers. They know that what they are doing is wrong. Al of the ancients had clean white, perfectly straight teeth. The modern way of living makes teeth rot and grow crooked. Dentists know this. They are treating symptoms, not problems.

• +1
Reactions: KingScrew and Deleted member 6892
JFL. JFL................ OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGG

When I had braces, I basicly had a FACEPULLER THE WRONG WAY!!!!!!!! PUSHED MY MAXILLA BACK (?????????) BECAUSE I HAD A UNDERBITE!!!WTFF HOW??????????? Like what in the world

I remember sleeping with it for like 1.5 years straight :( omfg

I was only 12 years old at the time and pretty good looking for my age, had girls hitting on me and shit

this explains not everything but alot

• So Sad
Reactions: KingScrew

When I had braces, I basicly had a FACEPULLER THE WRONG WAY!!!!!!!! PUSHED MY MAXILLA BACK (?????????) BECAUSE I HAD A UNDERBITE!!!WTFF HOW??????????? Like what in the world

I was only 12 years old at the time and pretty good looking for my age, had girls hitting on me and shit

kill orthodontists fr these mfs really do be doing us dirty

That's fucking awful man, I think most of us have a relatable experience; as having been growing up around adults who would hand out shit advice without spending 2 minutes looking it up or thinking about it logically -- hence why most of us now suffer from an autistic obsession with learning all the "methods" and how they may work to the last decimal.