How to defeat Sleep Paralysis?

M

MD_Hopeful69

Kraken
Sometimes I get this a lot, anyone know how to deal with this?

• +1
Reactions: MadMong
whats it like

whats it like
an hallucinatory state in which you have woken up but your muscles are still asleep so you can move anything but your tongue
some years ago I read a guide that claimed the only way to escape a sleep paralisis is moving the tongue and pushing it against the palate

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, Bennett, reddollars and 1 other person
whats it like
I just had it today
Heres the dream for some context: 2 buyers from kijiji came to buy my living room table, they pour gas all over the garage and when we comes to ignite it, i beat the shit out of the guy realizing i have control of the situation.

My brain dosent like the fact that Im aware and puts me into a white light which then makes me wake up, paralyzed. I wake up to a bunch of hallucinations but I usually close my eyes. The sound, the sound is fucking horrible. It was someone screeching, screeching for their life or something. Held my breath for 4 seconds and gained control and gtfo of bed at 5 am.

• +1
Reactions: mojopin and Hunter
I just had it today
Heres the dream for some context: 2 buyers from kijiji came to buy my living room table, they pour gas all over the garage and when we comes to ignite it, i beat the shit out of the guy realizing i have control of the situation.

My brain dosent like the fact that Im aware and puts me into a white light which then makes me wake up, paralyzed. I wake up to a bunch of hallucinations but I usually close my eyes. The sound, the sound is fucking horrible. It was someone screeching, screeching for their life or something. Held my breath for 4 seconds and gained control and gtfo of bed at 5 am.
damn son

Do you see a feckin ghost?
I just had it today

Holy fuck

Make sure your sleeping schedule is good and that you get enough of it. It happens anytime I ogre my sleep schedule. And do not open you're eyes when you get it. You will see some crazy shit.
Do you see a feckin ghost?
whats it like
I once had it like 11:30 sort of day time and saw some tall black creature pass by my bad and mind you my room wasn't even dark. If I didn't know what sleep paralysis was or wasn't Agnostic I would have pissed my pants.

Make sure your sleeping schedule is good and that you get enough of it. It happens anytime I ogre my sleep schedule. And do not open you're eyes when you get it. You will see some crazy shit.

I once had it like 11:30 sort of day time and saw some tall black creature pass by my bad and mind you my room wasn't even dark. If I didn't know what sleep paralysis was or wasn't Agnostic I would have pissed my pants.
must be scary as shit.

I would die if I saw that lmfao,never had one in my life thankfully

must be scary as shit.
I would die if I saw that lmfao,never had one in my life thankfully
Just understand that what you're seeing is not real and is only a hallucination. What people see is even based on religion, culture and location. Its basically peoples mind creating these hallucinations.

Relax, release all negative things you see are reflections of your psyche, and enter a lucid dream or OBE.
YOUR MIND IS SELF-DECEPTIVE

• +1
Reactions: Milk, GenericChad1444 and Deleted member 1106
I wish I got them again like I used to when I was younger, use them to practice lucid dreaming

Just understand that what you're seeing is not real and is only a hallucination. What people see is even based on religion, culture and location. Its basically peoples mind creating these hallucinations.
I've had sleep paralysis multiple times a night for over a decade. The problem is the hallucinations are extremely vivid and lifelike. Beyond the most vivid of dreams. Not just visual but audio and touch sensation is 1:1 with reality including echos off the walls in the room, spatialization and so forth. You can feel pain too. It's basically a big blast of DMT. I did DMT once and it was the same.

When you try to move and your brain senses you can't, it assumes you are paralyzed from a poison and skyrockets your adrenaline and heart rate to pump it out of your system.

You have several options for managing sleep paralysis..

1) Move everything you can from toes, eyes, tongue, neck, wrist, ankles. Use as much will power as you can muster and don't stop wiggling.. this will usually keep the hallucinations at bay until it breaks.

2) Practice meditation which is essentially training your ability to focus. Then in SP simply focus on your breathing and remain calm. Don't move or shift your focus. If your focus moves to the room or to the fear of something possibly attacking you then fight or flight will kick in and the nightmare hallucinations start.

3) Last resort. Get a cheap chest strap heart rate monitor off Amazon or eBay and set it to chime an alarm when your heart rate goes too high. This will wake you from any nightmares or sleep paralysis if you get scared. Can get them for $20. Just wearing it will keep you calm.

4) My personal favorite. View it as a challenge and get angry instead of afraid. Pussy ass monsters need to attack you while you are paralyzed.. get mad and call them cowards. This will build your courage and make you a more assertive person in general.

• +1
Reactions: androidcel and GenericChad1444
My first paralysis? I was 4 years old.
I'm always scared. I'm 28 years old.

Example? Monsters on the my chest (breathing problem), weird sounds, other shit... but... it's good way to OOBE.

What if it’s not actually hallucinations? :feelswhat::dafuckfeels:

It's weird how 99% of people who have experienced sleep paralysis all seem to have seen the same hallucinations: All black creature passing by in your room or standing still staring right at you while you can't move.

latest

Maybe this is just how actual ghosts look like in our world and we actually can see them when in that state.

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
I wanna have sleep paralysis lol

whats it like

Some people see their dead relatives which is really fucked up

You should use it to enter lucid dreams tbh. If u wanna escape though I find squeezing my forehead as hard as possible helps
It's weird how 99% of people who have experienced sleep paralysis all seem to have seen the same hallucinations: All black creature passing by in your room or standing still staring right at you while you can't move.

latest

Maybe this is just how actual ghosts look like in our world and we actually can see them when in that state.

Maybe it's linked to Carl Jung's primordial images which we all supposedly share through a collective unconcious

Last edited:
surrender to the experience and lucid dreammaxx

latest

I don't see monsters like that. They always vary and are usually based off something in the room. Have a housecoat hanging in a way your sleepy brain might think it's someone in your room? Or something that resembles a face? Bang it comes to life and attacks you. Sometimes I see regular people in my life or have very pleasant sleep paralysis where I wake up with a beautiful woman hugging me and stroking my hair.

I've learned to embrace my SP.. wouldn't get rid of it if it was an option.