How to get the most IPD gains from MSE

Need2Ascend

Need2Ascend

Ascended so hard
Apparently some users have reported that their es-ratio got lower after MSE. My es-ratio is already on the lower side(~0,45) and I'm going to get MSE soon, so what's legit to not fuck up my es-ratio(or maybe make it better)?

My theory:
- Slower expansion
- chewing while expanding
- where the MSE is placed can maybe make a difference

IPD gain from MSE or anything that isn't aging or OBO, is a meme.

• +1
Reactions: LebenistneHure and Need2Ascend
why would mse fuck up es ratio if it expands the whole face including the cheekbones and and eye sockets

IPD gain from MSE or anything that isn't aging or OBO, is a meme.
How many mm IPD do you think one can get per mm expansion or per mm face width gain?

1-2mm IPD(with 2-4mm bizygomatic width) increase is what I'm hoping for, but what can you do to make the es-ratio stay closely the same or even get a bit higher?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
How many mm IPD do you think one can get per mm expansion or per mm face width gain?

1-2mm IPD(with 2-4mm bizygomatic width) increase is what I'm hoping for, but what can you do to make the es-ratio stay closely the same or even get a bit higher?
First it depends : Do you have near no zygos? Depending on this your zygos will appear and widen more or less. it's very unlikely unless you widen your face a lot, to get more than 1mm to maximum 2, of IPD gain, no matter what tho, Ead is prime example.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
IPD change is a pipedream. You're more likely to get an OBO than any IPD gain whatsoever from MSE. Work on what you can change, forget about IPD.

First it depends : Do you have near no zygos? Depending on this your zygos will appear and widen more or less. it's very unlikely unless you widen your face a lot, to get more than 1mm to maximum 2, of IPD gain, no matter what tho, Ead is prime example.
My zygos are prominent but small.
Ideal would be a 1:2 IPD:bizygomatic width increase(e.g. 1,5mm:3mm, 2mm:4mm, etc...)
Did Ead's es-ratio get worse?

Last edited:
You're saying IPD doesn;t get worse if you get MSE done?

What if you already have a bad IPD?