How to get Wider Clavicles

Madhate

Madhate

Kraken
Ever wonder why swimmers ALWAYS have wider clavicle bones?
Narrow hips 295x300

It's because they constantly put repetitive mechanical stress on the bones through clockwise rotation of the shoulder. Most of the stress comes from the backstroke. So. How do we replicate that without swimming?
Here's how you do it:
For the starting position you need to position yourself in the middle of a room with about one and a half arms length of space in front and behind you.
You need to be standing in an upright position with both feet slightly apart.
You should straighten both of your arms and have them relaxed by your sides.
That is your starting position. From the established starting position you begin the exercise by rotating (slow to begin with) nothing but one arm (either left or right arm) counterclockwise (keeping your arm straight) so your arm would appear to be making a windmill effect (try and make full circles with the arm).
Keep the rotations going with the same arm, as soon as you’ve got the first arm rotating like a windmill, start rotating the other arm in exactly the same way but alternating the rotations so both of your arms would appear to be mimicking a reverse backstroke in swimming (a reverse backstroke because the rotations of the arms in a back stroke are clockwise, while the exercise requires you to rotate both of your arms counterclockwise).
Now you’ve got both arms rotating alternatively counterclockwise, gradually pick up the pace, keeping the rest of your body still as possible, the only parts of your body that should be in motion are your arms and nothing else, bend your knees slightly if it helps to keep you steady.

Do it 6/7 days a week, 1 day break. The exercise should take about 5 minutes at the start.
Do more and more reps over time to progressively overload. That's it.

Credits to @Handlet .

• +1
Reactions: diabolusx666, okwhatlol, SteveRogers and 7 others
Don't think it actually widens clavicles, but it could widen shoulders's ligaments or something

I dont do any sports and never uswd to

but I carried a backpack of 8kg pretty much daily for few hours for the last 12 years and I have 21 inch bideltoid

cant even do 3 proper pull ups in a row

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, xefo, Deleted member 3162 and 2 others
what if they just have wider clavicles because its useful in the sport? like how having long arms is apparently advantageous

• +1
Reactions: itorroella9, randomguy1235, Ocelot and 11 others
I used to swim as a kid now I have pretty decent shoulder length

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and Madhate
what if they just have wider clavicles because its useful in the sport? like how having long arms is apparently advantageous
That could be true but i've also got anecdotal evidence. 3 Of my friends have trained waterpolo or swimming for over 2 years. They all have wide shoulders. Anyways bone microfractures are proven to make them grow. So my point should still stand.

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
Cope

• +1
Reactions: Traxanas, TheLooksmaxer, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person
Jfl how about gym

How stupid are you? It's about widening the clavicle bones not about increasing muscle
Yes thats what I meant .at my local gym,
Theres Clavicle lengthening. So try it out

they are swimmers because they have wider clavicles and therefore were always good at it and pursued it

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 4612, Deleted member 685 and 4 others
they are swimmers because they have wider clavicles and therefore were always good at it and pursued it
My parents don't seem to understand this concept when I complain to them that I am a framecel. They think that going swimming will increase the shoulder width dramatically, jfl. As if I'd ever even go to a public swimming pool to get brutally mogged.

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans and PubertyMaxxer
Swimming noticeably made my shoulders wider and I only did it for 1 year when I was 15. Could be just puberty aswell idk.

Swimming noticeably made my shoulders wider and I only did it for 1 year when I was 15. Could be just puberty aswell idk.
like the thread then fag

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and her
If youre short just play basketball, it will make you taller!

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: It'snotover, Tom2004, xefo and 6 others
Its like basketball, it did not make them taller, they are good at basketball because they are already tall.
Swimming wont widen the clavicles, they already have wide clavicles hence why they are better swimmers.

However it can still be useful given how it expands the rib-cage. Expansion of shoulder breadth can occur but the clavicles themselves are not being elongated.

• +1
Reactions: Tom2004 and Pietrosiek
Its like basketball, it did not make them taller, they are good at basketball because they are already tall.
Swimming wont widen the clavicles, they already have wide clavicles hence why they are better swimmers.

However it can still be useful given how it expands the rib-cage.
JFL at comparing growing legs and growing clavicles. It's not the same brah. Vertical and horizontal growth are two different things and also to grow your legs you need to grow tons of bones which can't be achieved by just playing basketball.

• +1
Reactions: Dainslief, SteveRogers and stuckneworleans
I've been swimming competitively since I was 6.

I have tiny bones everywhere else but pretty good clavicles.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, SteveRogers, PrisonMike and 4 others
JFL at comparing growing legs and growing clavicles. It's not the same brah. Vertical and horizontal growth are two different things and also to grow your legs you need to grow tons of bones which can't be achieved by just playing basketball.
Its something that is just unlikely to happen if you have not been doing it since childhood. Once that bone ossifies, its not going the be elongated.

But as I said, expansion can still occur, but its not the clavicles themselves being expanded once they have ossified.

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
Its something that is just unlikely to happen if you have not been doing it since childhood. Once that bone ossifies, its not going the be elongated.

But as I said, expansion can still occur, but its not the clavicles themselves being expanded once they have ossified.
Bones ossify at the of 25. Most people here are younger than that.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and DianabolDownie
Bones ossify at the of 25. Most people here are younger than that.
Correct, but 25 is the latest, it can certainly happen earlier for some people.
However I'm realizing now since most this forum is young, its an option for many.

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans, Deleted member 3162 and Madhate
ayych gee ayych

dee ayych tee

• Love it
Reactions: her
inject soy sauce

have you posted an updated frame pic?
89F5F9A3 CC16 4713 9AAA 4EA8D71FA550
8EDDA693 0432 4373 B0EF 080B2C0C679F

little bloated nowadays bc i was pushing up calories to get the 315 bench max i hit yesterday but ill lean out again now that i made it there. this is 6'3 200lbs btw

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Cleftcel, androgenic and Deleted member 2756
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Deleted member 2846, Deleted member 4900 and 1 other person
exactly, this is like saying basketball players are tall because they play basketball. cope

• +1
Reactions: Pietrosiek
caging hard too

i can't wait until i inevitably see this subhuman at some party in the future and i straight up verbally beat his skull to a pulp
did you graduate with him?

Are there any regulary or even semi competitive swimmers with a small frame?
If not there is definitatly a correlation between swimming and getting wide clavicles

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946 and Darkstrand
yeah he was a straight up faggot to practically everyone. hilarious to see that you remembered him and posted him here ngl
I'll never forget such an androgynous creature.

he reminds of a cunt that bullied my brother badly, guess what turns out he was a closeted faggot, after a year of coming out he started openly talking about sucking cock and taking dick up the ass.

I fucking hate low t cunts so much

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946 and androgenic
Every fucking picture i have of me standing next to someone i turn to the side or else we literally dont fit in the picture nigga.

my ribcage is huge but my chest is small as fuck compared to the rest of my physique
Your right pec is smaller than your left

Last edited:
Stupid op , they dont have wide shoulders because they are pro swimmer , but they are pro swimmers because they have wide shoulders. Closed thread.

Are there any regulary or even semi competitive swimmers with a small frame?

most top swimmers are big guys in general - 6'3/6'4 is standard height for them.

Fabien Gilot (guy in front)
17088015018_11310972e3_b.jpg
stands out as being relatively small-framed. keep in minds that all of the top competitors are chest/delt/backmaxxed.

There’s more to broad shoulders than just clavicle width and bideltoid. Low set traps, thin joints, big ribcage, and good posture creates the broad shoulder appearance. For gymcelling lat and back work seems to have the most impact that’s why fatasses have such wide “frames” all the fat is pushing ur arms out like lats would. Not sure why or how people here think you’re growing to grow your bones by after puberty and everyone talks about the methods but nothing to back it up. Just fucking lift and eat.

• +1
Reactions: stuckneworleans, forwardgrowth, tylerhunter97 and 3 others
Because it's the fat underneath the arms and on the torso that makes the frame big, not the shoulders themselves.

That's why having a big back and wide ribcage are more important for bideltoid than delts in the bodybuilding world.
good reason to tricepmax

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass

However it can still be useful given how it expands the rib-cage. Expansion of shoulder breadth can occur but the clavicles themselves are not being elongated.

It’s not though, why would wider shoulders help in swimming? This is why I actual think that this may work, will do it for the next year, stay tuned.

There isnt enough mechanical tension just moving your arms in the air. A better way would be to sit on your wiehgt on your hand and feet facing up and pull yourself back by rotating your arms forward while resisting the movement with your feet. Have some shoes on for grip.

this thread sucks , its so cluttered and unorganized