How to induce masseter hyperplasia?

SayNoToRotting

SayNoToRotting

Kraken
So, according to a few studies I have just found out about, certain excercises may not only lead to muscle hypertrophy, but also muscle hyperplasia:

https://canvas.humboldt.edu/courses/13159/files/.../preview?

This has been proven to be the case in various test animals, such as pidgeons and rats, but it's very hard to do any experiments on humans, since the newly created cells have to be counted individually, which is only possible when the organism is dead and the muscles can be disected or something like that.
So it's all still very uncertain still, however there is some slight evidence that certain excercises may lead to hyperplasia.

It's called
"Intraset stretching"

So bascically, a weighted stretch is performed for about 30 seconds, and that is supposed to increase the amount of muscle cells, on top of making them bigger.

So my question to the more knowledgable ones on the site is: What kind of excercise would one have to perform to induce potential hyperplasia in the masseters?

Even less research on inducing bone hyperplasia has been done than on muscle hyperplasia, but an unsupported guess of mine is that bones will react very similar to muscles.

Is clenching for long periods of time something like an intraset stretch?

If yes, then that would also mean that bruxism also leads to hyperplasia on top of hypertrophy

I want hyperplasia on top of hypertrophy because I want the modifications I do on my skull to be permanent. It just feels better to know that in case I ever retire from looksmaxing, my bones will not simply atrophy like normal people's bones.

@Wincel
@Extra Chromosome

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TheChosenChad, Bewusst, Deleted member 1973 and 3 others
file:///C:/Users/FOID NAME/AppData/Local/Temp/Hypertrophy%20vs%20Hyperplasia.pdf
T. Foid

:banhammer::banhammer:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 2227, sorrowfulsad and 6 others
ah shit, a semi dox. That's my mom.

It's a paper that opened up on internet explorer instead of mozilla, I'm pretty clumsy when it comes to technology

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TheBasementsBasement and androidcel
A jaw-dropping post. I love you OP.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and kobecel
1560536614103-png.67550

how is it possible to have a jaw that big but with a shit palate

Do this, but with added weights

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 12611, AutisticBeaner, Bewusst and 3 others
@Wincel
@Extra Chromosome

please

😕

I sure hope TheGreatWork.com has an answer for me.
Will update the ones who are actually interested in this matter

• +1
Reactions: Guest and androidcel
So, according to a few studies I have just found out about, certain excercises may not only lead to muscle hypertrophy, but also muscle hyperplasia:

This has been proven to be the case in various test animals, such as pidgeons and rats, but it's very hard to do any experiments on humans, since the newly created cells have to be counted individually, which is only possible when the organism is dead and the muscles can be disected or something like that.
So it's all still very uncertain still, however there is some slight evidence that certain excercises may lead to hyperplasia.

It's called
"Intraset stretching"

So bascically, a weighted stretch is performed for about 30 seconds, and that is supposed to increase the amount of muscle cells, on top of making them bigger.

So my question to the more knowledgable ones on the site is: What kind of excercise would one have to perform to induce potential hyperplasia in the masseters?

Even less research on inducing bone hyperplasia has been done than on muscle hyperplasia, but an unsupported guess of mine is that bones will react very similar to muscles.

If yes, then that would also mean that bruxism also leads to hyperplasia on top of hypertrophy

View attachment 67550

I want hyperplasia on top of hypertrophy because I want the modifications I do on my skull to be permanent. It just feels better to know that in case I ever retire from looksmaxing, my bones will not simply atrophy like normal people's bones.

@Wincel
@Extra Chromosome

for masseter ipertrophy chissel works
for masseter "weighted stretching" you could push your jaw down isometrically while you contract the masseter.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and SayNoToRotting
for masseter "weighted stretching" you could push your jaw down isometrically while you contract the masseter.

Yeah that sounds logical.

What a shame that it's almost impossible to perform this shit. The jaw just locks up immediately.

It's so much more difficult and less controllable than an isometric bicep curl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
I doubt weighted stretching would give you bone hyperplasia. Especially not in a noticeable way. But I’d be interested if you can find something.

Are you trying to move the bone or make it thicker? You also have to consider where the forces are placed. Imagine pulling the wrong way and getting horseface instead

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Have you heard of bolbus chewing?

giphy.gif

• JFL
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 2227
This thread is utter shit.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Deleted member 2227 and didntreadlol

@Bewusst you're laughing in my face?

Inject MGF into the masseter

It's called
"Intraset stretching"

View attachment 67550

@Wincel
@Extra Chromosome

masseter hyperplasia is a terrible flaw.
It's true that most people here are trying to Looksminning instead of Looksmaxing.

- bulking
- chewing
- masseter training
- braces
- subathing
- chin implants
- feminization rhynoplasty

all of this is looksminning.

• JFL
Reactions: Bewusst
What is looksmin?
masseter hyperplasia is a terrible flaw.
It's true that most people here are trying to Looksminning instead of Looksmaxing.

- bulking
- chewing
- masseter training
- braces
- subathing
- chin implants
- feminization rhynoplasty

all of this is looksminning.

Well you cant do much more to stretch your jaw than simply opening it as wide as possible, can you? Also, if muscle hyperplasia means that the total amount of muscle cells have increased, then what's that supposed to do to your bones?

Well you cant do much more to stretch your jaw than simply opening it as wide as possible, can you? Also, if muscle hyperplasia means that the total amount of muscle cells have increased, then what's that supposed to do to your bones?
Ignore this thread

• JFL
Reactions: AutisticBeaner