how to judge collagen

D

Deleted member 6111

Solstice
collagen is talked about hear a lot and i know its probably the most important factor in terms of skin quality and ageing, but what does it actually look like? if im assessing my own or someone else's face how do i evaluate the level of collagen?

i know a fair bit about collagen from a hypothetical/academic perspective, less than serious collagen folks here but a lot more than your average normie lol, but i find it so hard to know what it actually looks like irl. what are the things to look for?

collagen is talked about hear a lot and i know its probably the most important factor in terms of skin quality and ageing, but what does it actually look like? if im assessing my own or someone else's face how do i evaluate the level of collagen?

i know a fair bit about collagen from a hypothetical/academic perspective, less than serious collagen folks here but a lot more than your average normie lol, but i find it so hard to know what it actually looks like irl. what are the things to look for?

smooth skin, no fine lines, no signs of aging, skin looks like u can lick it, constant color

in addition the best skin people will have yellow and red undertones such as the pic example but that isn't so much collagen thats just coloring

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 4106
technically no one really knows. most people confuse collagen with elasticity of skin or coloring tbh

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 9670, Deleted member 11748 and 2 others
View attachment 917326
smooth skin, no fine lines, no signs of aging, skin looks like u can lick it, constant color

in addition the best skin people will have yellow and red undertones such as the pic example but that isn't so much collagen thats just coloring
its easy to tell with someone like strijd but at lower levels i find it very hard. like does someone having acne mean that they have bad collagen?

its easy to tell with someone like strijd but at lower levels i find it very hard. like does someone having acne mean that they have bad collagen?
u can have acne and good collagen but 90% of the time if u see someone and think 'damn they have clear skin' they 100% have good collagen. the effect of collagen is noticeable irl

• +1
Reactions: Highrise
The closer you are to a baby's skin, the better its collagen.
The best method to assess your collagen is when you wake up, in a natural environment, very close.

The closer you are to a baby's skin, the better its collagen.
The best method to assess your collagen is when you wake up, in a natural environment, very close.
im not sure what im looking at though? like i have dry skin and pretty sure a condition as well as some spots and gunk but i dont have like any lines or sagginess or anything??

basically have some redness, dryness and spots/dirt if ive been camping or manual labour or something