How to know what your face really looks like?

Lifemax

Lifemax

Perseverance is everything.
How do I see myself exactly how other people see me? Mirror is cope, that much I know but I keep looking different in pictures I take of myself. Is a video with the back camera in bright daylight the true way I look? Istg this shit is giving me BDD

Video indoors.
Mirror isn't cope you are. Also lighting makes a big difference.

Video indoors.
Everyone looks good in the mirror so it must be cope. Lighting makes a very big difference indeed.

• +1
Reactions: Hey dont talk to me
How people treat you irl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4383, HighIQcel, Zygos4Life and 15 others
not everyone looks good in the mirror, if you have freaked out bugeyes then you will have freakedout bugeyes in the mirror too
How people treat you irl

How people treat you irl
I don't go out much and rarely talk to people. Also that's not gonna help me decide on which surgeries I need (proportions etc)

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
Video indoors.
How do you know what lighting is legit? I look so much shittier depending on what room I take a picture in

• +1
Reactions: Hey dont talk to me, BigdickAverageEthnic and Lifemax
not everyone looks good in the mirror, if you have freaked out bugeyes then you will have freakedout bugeyes in the mirror too
I like the way I look in the mirror but it's most likely my brain coping / also read something about how your brain grows used to your mirror image and makes you think you're more attractive than you actually are

• +1
Reactions: BigdickAverageEthnic and SikKunt
I hate bathroom mirrors and the lightning that makes me look even more disgusting. I look hella cute in my monitor and phone reflection.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
I hate bathroom mirrors and the lightning that makes me look even more disgusting. I look hella cute in my monitor and phone reflection.

Thunders me

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
I like the way I look in the mirror but it's most likely my brain coping / also read something about how your brain grows used to your mirror image and makes you think you're more attractive than you actually are
Yeah lol, a couple years back I didn't dare to look in the mirror due to how subhuman I look. But now I'm used to it.

• JFL
Reactions: Hey dont talk to me
Mirror in your room (normal natural lightning) is the best way, except for noticing asymetries, as your brain got used to them and ignores them when they are on the mirror

The back camera video allows you to see yourself in a non flipped way, meaning that youll see the real 'you'. HOWEVER a back camera selfie isnt accurate as proportions are fucked and will make your head look bigger than it is.

lightning plays a major role for camera, just use ambiant lightning where it faces directly your face

Mirror is the best for proportions

Back camera is pretty good when someone else takes you in pic

Tldr: just use mirror, except in cases where you wanna check for asymetries

For those who say 'mirror is cope' check with your friend, look at him in the mirror and then IRL. Same thing

mirror isnt cope, take a sharp small mirror and go out in the daylight, thats how you look like but flipped horizontally

Also when I take a pic looking in a mirror I look way better, is this cheating?

Mirror in your room (normal natural lightning) is the best way, except for noticing asymetries, as your brain got used to them and ignores them when they are on the mirror

The back camera video allows you to see yourself in a non flipped way, meaning that youll see the real 'you'. HOWEVER a back camera selfie isnt accurate as proportions are fucked and will make your head look bigger than it is.

lightning plays a major role for camera, just use ambiant lightning where it faces directly your face

Mirror is the best for proportions

Back camera is pretty good when someone else takes you in pic

Tldr: just use mirror, except in cases where you wanna check for asymetries

For those who say 'mirror is cope' check with your friend, look at him in the mirror and then IRL. Same thing
Honestly it's just everyone not being used to it. Your mirror and real self most likely have the same psl, it's just you that needs to adjust.

• +1
Reactions: Lifemax
I keep a mirror in my pocket everywhere I go so I know how I look like to others in any lighting. So do that if you’re autistic enough.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: MandibularCel, Zygos4Life, ChiseledFace and 1 other person
I keep a mirror in my pocket everywhere I go so I know how I look like to others in any lighting. So do that if you’re autistic enough.
Good idea

Mirror your mirror. Best way tbh (to realize that you are more subhuman than normally in the mirror or camera)

• +1
Reactions: Lifemax
mirror isn't cope, in fact it's literally the most accurate image you can have of yourself since cameras have lens distortion.

the reason you feel like you look good only in the mirror is because you're used to seeing your flaws that your brain starts to ignore them, if you focus really well you can actually see that you look almost identical when taking a photo/ looking in the mirror but reversed.

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
I have anime eyes bro

mirror isn't cope, in fact it's literally the most accurate image you can have of yourself since cameras have lens distortion.

the reason you feel like you look good only in the mirror is because you're used to seeing your flaws that your brain starts to ignore them, if you focus really well you can actually see that you look almost identical when taking a photo/ looking in the mirror but reversed.
Good points. I agree on the accuracy because cameras won't always show imperfections in the skin or they'll fuck up lighting / distort the image.

post on /r/amiugly