[Serious] how to maintain focus during studying?

lifestyle21873

lifestyle21873

nothing lasts forever
Time online
9d 17h 35m
Force yourself to do 30 minute bursts of pure work, then alternate with 15-30 minute breaks but no more than that
caffeine?

lifestyle21873

lifestyle21873

nothing lasts forever
Time online
9d 17h 35m
I recommend drinking caffeine in the morning because crashing in the afternoon feels really unpleasant and you waste hours doing nothing
Ye ur right

looksmeester

looksmeester

Trainee
Time online
1d 15h 31m
I skim over all the material for 10 minutes then go back and learn more detailed parts of the information in 30 minute chunks.

Soulrack

Soulrack

Shitposter banterist
Time online
11d 6h 56m
Imagine not having a 150IQ and topping the class without having given an iota of attention to the class material. Jfl over for u. I have never studied once in my life

godlikesz

godlikesz

Time online
49d 17h 55m
be born with good brain unironically

Gonthar

Gonthar

Zephir
Time online
79d 23h 23m
Back when I was a kid, I could study for hours without a problem, today is very difficult to concentrate on something for more than a few minutes, there's just so much stimulation around - the Internet and smartphones, multitasking also kills your concentration - I can't even play now a video game, without regularly pausing it and doing something else in this time - read a news article, post something on a forum, watch an youtube video, then I go back to the game and play some more - back in the old days it was pretty much impossible to do this.

Germania

Germania

Master
Time online
31d 21h 54m
especially those who study stem or something similiar, how the fuck do u push through when its hard and boring and ur unmotivated?

I drink like a redbull but it doesnt work for me anymore
you need to take Ritalin, seriously it works
@Ritalincel

Schönling

Schönling

Name one genius that ain't crazy
Time online
20d 7h 59m
Caffeine + L-Theanine

عبد الرحمن

عبد الرحمن

Arcanologist
Time online
15d 9h 21m
Take a 5 minutes break every 25 mins of studying, when you get bored try listening to music (preferably without vocals like trance), put a snack next to you and enjoy.

yonnyforeverbulk

yonnyforeverbulk

Trainee
Time online
4h 18m
i had a problem with this for a long time. Assuming you eat healthy and get plenty of sleep. This is gonna sound stupid but you just get rid of your distractions and try as hard as you can to focus and you might fail over and over but you will slowly increase the time you can focus. And you also have to do it every day to keep it sharp or else it will start going down. I would litetally time myself and record the times i was focusing on a journal and saw it increase through the months and months. It's a slow process and it's not something you progrsss in a linear path. so it's better to track the accumulative time you focused weekly than daily. If you think about it , if you were focusing on something every day for year your ability to focus will go up. If you are on vacation or days you don't have HW just read books or study cuz it still helps train your focus. Also something big that helped me is not going from a very stimulating thing like watching a movie or playing video games to studying. The studying will seem incredibly boring in comparison. But if you study first without the crazy stimulus in the beginning then it's alot smoother transition. This method actually changed my life, i was actually a loser at school most of my life till i figured this out I Hopefully it helps , grid hard my dog ,you will get to where you wanna be .

lifestyle21873

lifestyle21873

nothing lasts forever
Time online
9d 17h 35m
i had a problem with this for a long time. Assuming you eat healthy and get plenty of sleep. This is gonna sound stupid but you just get rid of your distractions and try as hard as you can to focus and you might fail over and over but you will slowly increase the time you can focus. And you also have to do it every day to keep it sharp or else it will start going down. I would litetally time myself and record the times i was focusing on a journal and saw it increase through the months and months. It's a slow process and it's not something you progrsss in a linear path. so it's better to track the accumulative time you focused weekly than daily. If you think about it , if you were focusing on something every day for year your ability to focus will go up. If you are on vacation or days you don't have HW just read books or study cuz it still helps train your focus. Also something big that helped me is not going from a very stimulating thing like watching a movie or playing video games to studying. The studying will seem incredibly boring in comparison. But if you study first without the crazy stimulus in the beginning then it's alot smoother transition. This method actually changed my life, i was actually a loser at school most of my life till i figured this out I Hopefully it helps , grid hard my dog ,you will get to where you wanna be .
thanks my g💯💯 what are u studying rn?

ItisOver

ItisOver

Pitt’s Biggest Fan
Time online
21d 20h 39m
especially those who study stem or something similiar, how the fuck do u push through when its hard and boring and ur unmotivated?

aderall

RODEBLUR

RODEBLUR

Ratfaced ugly dolphin-eyed sloth
Time online
8d 19h 39m
Y'all study? Lol

Melo95

Melo95

Erudite
Time online
34d 57m
I actually couldn't study with friends in high school cuz I was trying to grade mog my friends. That's how much of an autist and I was and got depressed when they mogged me

sytyl

sytyl

wishes he was chico
Time online
16d 2h 12m

For me, I would always motivate myself by telling me it will be worth it in the end.

M

Milkistermoo

Trainee
Time online
10h 15m
I have been studying for 3 days straight now after not doing anything for 5 months. My advice is just get through the first 8 minutes, after that you'll get into the flow and it won't feel like torture and after a bit more time it'll seem like time is flying. The first 8 minutes are BRUTAL TORTURE, but if you can get through em you will survive.

lifestyle21873

lifestyle21873

nothing lasts forever
Time online
9d 17h 35m
I have been studying for 3 days straight now after not doing anything for 5 months. My advice is just get through the first 8 minutes, after that you'll get into the flow and it won't feel like torture and after a bit more time it'll seem like time is flying. The first 8 minutes are BRUTAL TORTURE, but if you can get through em you will survive.
thanks man

D

DidntRead

Master
Time online
84d 3h 54m
Try Ritalin
Or really any stimulant

balding17yomanletcel

balding17yomanletcel

Zephir
Time online