HOW TO PULL YOUR MAXILLA FORWARD [DEFINITIVE GUIDE]

this pulls the maxilla forwards and downwards lol what a shit idea

how is this thread not deleted

Lol

• +1
Reactions: thecel
So this is shit and sadly the op roped

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, I'm not an orthodontist, I'm just a random guy on the internet with a slightly recessed maxilla. You're personally responsible for your choices, actions and results, this guide is for informational purposes only.

In this post I will explain how easy and cheap it is to effectively pull your maxilla forward/upward with a homemade device, obtaining so a more aesthetic facial structure.

1. MAKE A MOLD OF YOUR UPPER PALATE.

You can do it yourself ordering the materials online, OR you can just go to any local dental laboratory and let them do it for you professionally for less then $10.

Orthodontic_Plaster-White.jpg

2. BUILD THE INFRA-ORAL APPLIANCE.

Build the infra-oral appliance around your mold. Again, you can build it yourself, OR you can go to any local professional Orthodontic laboratory where a qualified person can make it for less than $40.

View attachment 126507

You need to give them clear instructions:
-It doesn't have to tip the teeth in any way shape or form.
-It has to be shaped and fit perfectly to your upper palate.
-It needs a facebow inserted inside as in the photo.

Extra requirement for comfort:
-Tell them to coat the central part with a softer material like dental silicone, because I realized the acrylic it's just too hard on the internal walls of your mouth when pressed for long periods of time.

3. BUILD THE FACEPULLER.

1569175029339-jpg.117622

You need to order a neck brace on Amazon/eBay for less than $10. Two steel brackets, as in the photo, and 4 bolts with 4 nuts.
-Make two holes on the front of the neck brace. You can use a drill or heat up a screwdriver with your kitchen stove.
-Assemble the brackets on the neck brace.

4. NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT

Use simple rubber bands (or even springs) to hook the appliance to the facepuller.

View attachment 118515

Below a blurred photo of me while wearing it. :feelskek:

View attachment 118544

HOW MUCH DO I WEAR IT? HOW MUCH FORCE TO APPLY?

In this study
researchers applied 500g of forward force to the palate of adult rhesus monkeys for 4 months and saw drastic changes in their facial bone structure.

adult-orthotropics.png

I try to wear it as much as possible (12+ hours every day) and I'm currently applying 1,5kg of force. However, it depends on how comfortable one can be with the appliance. The goal here is to apply enough force to create the maxilla displacement, but not so much to not be able to sleep while wearing it.

A big thank you goes to this guy here that inspired me to take action.
does this actually work?