HOW TO PULL YOUR MAXILLA FORWARD [DEFINITIVE GUIDE]

If you have an asymmetrical upper palate like mine where one side is slightly raised higher than the other one, would the infra-oral appliance perpetuate that asymmetry, or even it out so both sides become symmetrical? Would I need to have a new appliance made every so often as to keep my palate moving in the right direction?
It depends on how the appliance comes out from the cast of your upper palate. If it comes out even then it will even out your asymmetries. Otherwise, no.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and TheAscendedOne
It depends on how the appliance comes out from the cast of your upper palate. If it comes out even then it will even out your asymmetries. Otherwise, no.

how can you find out if you have an asymmetrical maxilla? Do you get a Skull X-Ray and figure out the dimensions by yourself?

• +1
how can you find out if you have an asymmetrical maxilla? Do you get a Skull X-Ray and figure out the dimensions by yourself?
I mean i just felt around my upper palate with my two thumbs and noticed a very slight asymmetry on one side, something that could probably be fixed pretty quickly with some mewing and an appliance like this. My face itself is actually pretty symmetrical, I just don't want to ruin that by applying uneven pressure/ pressure in the wrong direction.

• +1
Before and afters of solid improvement with CBCT scans or btfo with the coping.

OP, you ding this for many months now, how is the progress?

If you mange to improve your face with this without getting chimp mouth and fucking up your bite and temporomandibular joint I'm taking my words back.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and n33tf1f
Before and afters of solid improvement with CBCT scans or btfo with the coping.
Nigga, you've been already BTFO in the other thread, exposing you single-digit IQ. GTFO from my threads with your retarded rhetoric.

• +1
Nigga, you've been already BTFO in the other thread, exposing you single-digit IQ. GTFO from my threads with your retarded rhetoric.
Where are your results pictures? All you need to provide are before after pics of treatment with CBCT scan results or xrays at least. Where are they?

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Lorsss and n33tf1f
Where are your results pictures? All you need to provide are before after pics of treatment with CBCT scan results or xrays at least. Where are they?
You talk like I owe you anything, especially showing pics of me to you. If you want before/after pics of the facepulling results, you can google them, there are plenty.

• +1
wait the rubber bands go above the mouth? arent they supposed to be in level with the mouth ?

• +1
You talk like I owe you anything, especially showing pics of me to you. If you want before/after pics of the facepulling results, you can google them, there are plenty.
How convenient answer lol. "Hey guys I found this device that will totally fix your face!" "Ok, picture proof" "Nah".

There are no convincing images online. Kids don't count. Teenagers don't count. There is not really that much. The original pics from MSE+Facemask study and that is it.

You have rights to claim your method works until you have provided proof and evidence.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne
I don't feel good about this... alot of the position of the maxilla and facial bones in general also have to do with the cranial base and developmental years, just pulling 1 part up (the maxilla in this case) doesn't necessarily mean it'll help especially at an older age. This could also cause bimaxillary protrusion and make you end up looking like an ape.

Why not get MSE instead? Palatal expansion throughout orthodontic devices like these are way better researched and many people have said to notice facial difference after the expansion.
I FELE GOOD ABOUT THIS NOW TBH NGL GETTING IT

• +1
How convenient answer lol. "Hey guys I found this device that will totally fix your face!" "Ok, picture proof" "Nah".

There are no convincing images online. Kids don't count. Teenagers don't count. There is not really that much. The original pics from MSE+Facemask study and that is it.

You have rights to claim your method works until you have provided proof and evidence.
I'll post the scans when I'm done with the MSE, in 1 year or so.

• +1
I’m gonna ask my cousin about this. He’s a orthosurgeon or dentist practicing in the states. He was born here

• +1
Will this do?

Attachments

• f7d03346-359b-4e53-9b0f-bff6464e818e.jpg
    f7d03346-359b-4e53-9b0f-bff6464e818e.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 141
  • +1
Such a high-iq thread, @CopeAndRope, are you still around? Looking for personalized instructions and guidance, I'm very interested in doing this, I don't care about being prideful in this matter, I want personalized guidance, even to the point of being metaphorically led by the hand, I want to get this right.

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne and Deleted member 685
Such a high-iq thread, @CopeAndRope, are you still around? Looking for personalized instructions and guidance, I'm very interested in doing this, I don't care about being prideful in this matter, I want personalized guidance, even to the point of being metaphorically led by the hand, I want to get this right.

Go watch the neslon's thread , he is the real OG .

• +1
Reactions: TheAscendedOne, Chadelite and Deleted member 685
copity cope after puberty.

Anyone from 2019 get results from using this device?

OP died :feelsrope:

• So Sad
Reactions: BradAniston
Can we do this if you wear a retainer?

Anyone got results? I'm thinking of trying this tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
Nigga you really replying to a deleted member and expecting them to reply back :lul:
idk if u trollin or nah but thats obv his name, banned/deleted members have crossed names

idk if u trollin or nah but thats obv his name, banned/deleted members have crossed names
Not necessarily, this guy’s actually deleted, he hasn’t posted in months either

Orthodontists commission their works to a orthodontic laboratory. You gotta find an orthodontic lab near you. They don't ask questions.
there is a whole thread on this forum on how to make ur own retainer thingy like that but u can also just hook up rubber bands to the whole upper jaw behind the molars and up and then attach it to ur device though i gotta say they taste hella bad so get som good rubber bands also u can damage ur gums like that but if u dont mind go for it!

Thanks for fast reply, lol i pull palate with this thing, ngl if i pull very strong, i feel it in my face, even nasal bone, but you get fatigued very easily (such a good arm excercise). Obvious problem was my strength to endure pulling.
View attachment 137646
I am thinking of attaching other part of the thing to chains, give it a handle, and then maybe call a friend to pull for me. I don't know any more extreme method than this. Either you looksmax or die how they say (cope or rope)
You still do that?

Wanting to do this. Have all the supplies except the intra oral device

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, I'm not an orthodontist, I'm just a random guy on the internet with a slightly recessed maxilla. You're personally responsible for your choices, actions and results, this guide is for informational purposes only.

In this post I will explain how easy and cheap it is to effectively pull your maxilla forward/upward with a homemade device, obtaining so a more aesthetic facial structure.

1. MAKE A MOLD OF YOUR UPPER PALATE.

You can do it yourself ordering the materials online, OR you can just go to any local dental laboratory and let them do it for you professionally for less then $10.

Orthodontic_Plaster-White.jpg

2. BUILD THE INFRA-ORAL APPLIANCE.

Build the infra-oral appliance around your mold. Again, you can build it yourself, OR you can go to any local professional Orthodontic laboratory where a qualified person can make it for less than $40.

View attachment 126507

You need to give them clear instructions:
-It doesn't have to tip the teeth in any way shape or form.
-It has to be shaped and fit perfectly to your upper palate.
-It needs a facebow inserted inside as in the photo.

Extra requirement for comfort:
-Tell them to coat the central part with a softer material like dental silicone, because I realized the acrylic it's just too hard on the internal walls of your mouth when pressed for long periods of time.

3. BUILD THE FACEPULLER.

1569175029339-jpg.117622

You need to order a neck brace on Amazon/eBay for less than $10. Two steel brackets, as in the photo, and 4 bolts with 4 nuts.
-Make two holes on the front of the neck brace. You can use a drill or heat up a screwdriver with your kitchen stove.
-Assemble the brackets on the neck brace.

4. NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT

Use simple rubber bands (or even springs) to hook the appliance to the facepuller.

View attachment 118515

Below a blurred photo of me while wearing it. :feelskek:

View attachment 118544

HOW MUCH DO I WEAR IT? HOW MUCH FORCE TO APPLY?

In this study
researchers applied 500g of forward force to the palate of adult rhesus monkeys for 4 months and saw drastic changes in their facial bone structure.

adult-orthotropics.png

I try to wear it as much as possible (12+ hours every day) and I'm currently applying 1,5kg of force. However, it depends on how comfortable one can be with the appliance. The goal here is to apply enough force to create the maxilla displacement, but not so much to not be able to sleep while wearing it.

A big thank you goes to this guy here that inspired me to take action.
does it work bro? please reply im recessed asf

i wonder if anyone really did that and fucked up the face. What a fucking moron. If you are downward grown and you push the maxilla foward it will not help much, not only that but you will need to change the mandible as well or you will fuck your tmj. Its a process that cannot be diy, you will need to go to an orthodontist (Or study by yourself gl).

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, I'm not an orthodontist, I'm just a random guy on the internet with a slightly recessed maxilla. You're personally responsible for your choices, actions and results, this guide is for informational purposes only.

In this post I will explain how easy and cheap it is to effectively pull your maxilla forward/upward with a homemade device, obtaining so a more aesthetic facial structure.

1. MAKE A MOLD OF YOUR UPPER PALATE.

You can do it yourself ordering the materials online, OR you can just go to any local dental laboratory and let them do it for you professionally for less then $10.

Orthodontic_Plaster-White.jpg

2. BUILD THE INFRA-ORAL APPLIANCE.

Build the infra-oral appliance around your mold. Again, you can build it yourself, OR you can go to any local professional Orthodontic laboratory where a qualified person can make it for less than $40.

View attachment 126507

You need to give them clear instructions:
-It doesn't have to tip the teeth in any way shape or form.
-It has to be shaped and fit perfectly to your upper palate.
-It needs a facebow inserted inside as in the photo.

Extra requirement for comfort:
-Tell them to coat the central part with a softer material like dental silicone, because I realized the acrylic it's just too hard on the internal walls of your mouth when pressed for long periods of time.

3. BUILD THE FACEPULLER.

1569175029339-jpg.117622

You need to order a neck brace on Amazon/eBay for less than $10. Two steel brackets, as in the photo, and 4 bolts with 4 nuts.
-Make two holes on the front of the neck brace. You can use a drill or heat up a screwdriver with your kitchen stove.
-Assemble the brackets on the neck brace.

4. NOW YOU CAN WEAR IT

Use simple rubber bands (or even springs) to hook the appliance to the facepuller.

View attachment 118515

Below a blurred photo of me while wearing it. :feelskek:

View attachment 118544

HOW MUCH DO I WEAR IT? HOW MUCH FORCE TO APPLY?

In this study
researchers applied 500g of forward force to the palate of adult rhesus monkeys for 4 months and saw drastic changes in their facial bone structure.

adult-orthotropics.png

I try to wear it as much as possible (12+ hours every day) and I'm currently applying 1,5kg of force. However, it depends on how comfortable one can be with the appliance. The goal here is to apply enough force to create the maxilla displacement, but not so much to not be able to sleep while wearing it.

A big thank you goes to this guy here that inspired me to take action.
How did it go? Any updates?