How to stop eating for pleasure?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Many people, if not most people, in westernized societies don't eat for survival anymore but for pleasure. Food is the most addictive drug in existence and frequently abused for its taste, out of boredom, to feel good or due to social conventions.

Health problems are frequently being blamed on smoking and other drugs but eating for pleasure - which inevitably leads to overeating - is deemed okay. Obesity, hormonal issues, increased mortality and other health problems are the result but it also leads to a drop in attractiveness by making you FAT(TER). Eating for pleasure is a habit detrimental to your looks (and health).

My question to the lean folks here: How did you manage to overcome eating for pleasure? How do you maintain healthy eating behaviours in the long term without relapsing into eating addiction?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: oldcell
I got no money to even get the needed minimum of nutrients. If Buddha offered me Big-Kahoonas on a daily I'd be eating like there's no tomorrow

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: babouchelelouche, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Bewusst
You're killing me with those Nazi jokes lmao!
I personally think the Japanese were More brutal than even the most fanatical Nazis, even the Einsatzgruppen

I personally think the Japanese were More brutal than even the most fanatical Nazis, even the Einsatzgruppen
Are u talkin about harakiri? Just look at Syria today, men are forced to "serve" in war and get killed if they refuse to do so. As a result, Germany is full of refugees and we still have to take Nazi jokes. I'm not a racist but the situation has gotten out of hand imo.

To maintain healthy eating habits you need to learn how to cook good, tasty food, u're gonna dip if you try to stick to eating bland chicken breast with some rice and broccoli (0 cal artificial sweeteners help, low calorie sauces etc.. you name it) and train yourself to eat only when you're hungry, it requires some discipline and doesn't work that well when you're extremely fat cuz leptin resistance and other hormonal issues

• +1
Reactions: Anubis
To maintain healthy eating habits you need to learn how to cook good, tasty food, u're gonna dip if you try to stick to eating bland chicken breast with some rice and broccoli (0 cal artificial sweeteners help, low calorie sauces etc.. you name it) and train yourself to eat only when you're hungry, it requires some discipline and doesn't work that well when you're extremely fat cuz leptin resistance and other hormonal issues
I'm too lazy to cook tbh.

I eat chocolate and chips everyday for pleasure ngl
Would need a way out

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: oldcell, Roping Subhuman and Bewusst
I think I'm gonna go back to doing a weekly cheat day during which I overeat on purpose to lose pleasure in eating. Didn't hurt my fat loss a couple years ago.

Stop eating likr a pig

it's called comfort food

this world is too depressing tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
Volume eat chick thighs. I eat like 2 a day and they're so tasty.

Just burn your tongue with boiling water. You won't feel the need to eat for days after that.

Don't do a diet where you eat food that you hate and derive no please from eating. If you don't like the things you're eating, you are not going to last in the long run.
Focus on what activity you are going to do instead of over-eating to derive pleasure from. Preferably one that is less detrimental to your health.

• +1
Reactions: Dicklet.4.3, polio and Chadelite
Just don't buy unhealthy stuff. Quickly walking through the candy and other shit shelves once in the supermarket and not buying stuff is easy.
Having unhealthy stuff at home, seeing it multiple times a day and not eating it is hard af.

Also preparing healthy food is a good idea. If you have premade healthy stuff available it is easier for you to eat that instead of snacking unhealthy shit.

If your problem is not healthy food, but calories, then just go for less calorie-dense food.

There is the theory of depleting will power. Which states, that you have a certain daily amount available that depletes a bit with every active decision you have to make. So the best way is having to make as few as possible of these decisions.

Not buying shit = 1 decision
Having bough shit = 1 decision everytime you walk by and see it.

It's very difficult not to overeat but once you get lean and receive the validation you seek you will quickly realize looking good is much better high than the small dopamine rush of eating something tasty.

It's easier for me to skip eating for 2 days than to watch what I eat

5 days eating healthy and kcal deficit

2 days eating at maintence - little above kcal, but with 1 or 2 delicious junky meal

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
5 days eating healthy and kcal deficit

2 days eating at maintence - little above kcal, but with 1 or 2 delicious junky meal
Doing something similar atm. Calorie deficit 6 days per week and one day I eat how much and whatever I want. Feels better that way.

• +1
Reactions: rockndogs
Doing something similar atm. Calorie deficit 6 days per week and one day I eat how much and whatever I want. Feels better that way.

I wouldn't eat how much i want, but i feel you. It has helped cope tho. I spend all my week waiting for friday night to eat some burger, pizza or any other shit. It's a wonderful cope and make the week pass so fast

cant eat if you dont have food in the house

Many people, if not most people, in westernized societies don't eat for survival anymore but for pleasure. Food is the most addictive drug in existence and frequently abused for its taste, out of boredom, to feel good or due to social conventions.

Health problems are frequently being blamed on smoking and other drugs but eating for pleasure - which inevitably leads to overeating - is deemed okay. Obesity, hormonal issues, increased mortality and other health problems are the result but it also leads to a drop in attractiveness by making you FAT(TER). Eating for pleasure is a habit detrimental to your looks (and health).

My question to the lean folks here: How did you manage to overcome eating for pleasure? How do you maintain healthy eating behaviours in the long term without relapsing into eating addiction?
I've said it before but I will say it again. the answer to all problems is NOFAP. Nofap will fix your dopamine receptors and make them normal again

I wouldn't eat how much i want, but i feel you. It has helped cope tho. I spend all my week waiting for friday night to eat some burger, pizza or any other shit. It's a wonderful cope and make the week pass so fast
Why do you force yourself to eat clean on all the other days? As long as you're in a deficit you could actually eat pizza everyday and still lose weight even though that's not too healthy, of course.

I eat whatever I want every day but only when really hungry and stop as soon as I'm not hungry anymore. And I've been losing fat and getting healthier regardless. Now I can almost see my abs which I never could before in my life. I also drink alcohol quite regularly.
I've said it before but I will say it again. the answer to all problems is NOFAP. Nofap will fix your dopamine receptors and make them normal again
I only fap when I REALLY have to - like when my balls start to hurt. I don't masturbate several times a day out of boredom like the typical fapper.

Last edited:
Why do you force yourself to eat clean on all the other days? As long as you're in a deficit you could actually eat pizza everyday and still lose weight even though that's not too healthy, of course.

I eat whatever I want every day but only when really hungry and stop as soon as I'm not hungry anymore. And I've been losing fat and getting healthier regardless. Now I can almost see my abs which I never could before in my life. I also drink alcohol quite regularly.

Because i stay hungry constantly jfl. Im too anxious. I have to eat every 2 or 3 hours. And as i said: eating shit only at weekends make my week more bearable (in the sense of making shit food something special).

Im literally addicted to processed sugar, its horrible

• +1
Im literally addicted to processed sugar, its horrible
Me too..

But OP is legit, booze and cigaretess are considered as somethign bad, but its unhealthy eating habits that cause almost the same amount of death here.

Me too..

But OP is legit, booze and cigaretess are considered as somethign bad, but its unhealthy eating habits that cause almost the same amount of death here.
Many centenarians (people who live beyond 100 years of age) drink and smoke regularly, some even excessively - or did so when they were still alive. What you notice about (almost) all of them though is that they're not overweight and often lean.

The food industry is the worst of all imo. It is making people addicted to their products more than any other industry including pharma and tobacco. Just think Nestlé or Coca-Cola.

• +1