How to survive at uni?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

6'3.8 manlet
I have to go to uni this year and I'm really not looking forward to it. If I wasnt going into the sciences I probably wouldn't go to uni.

I'm incredibly socially awkward and often feel like I'm bothering people if I interact with them.

The whole student life is gonna be the worst for this. I hate most clubs because they play music I dislike. And I don't really like the idea of clubbing not for the music because it just feels like a massive cope-fest with below average guys trying to "pull".

As I said, I'm socially awkward, so I don't know how to or like the idea of introducing myself to people in halls etc. I don't really know how to make conversation unless it's someone I'm comfortable with.

How should I go about acting normal and NT at uni, and not being an awkward loner?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Acnno, ChadFucksYourOneitis and 5 others

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043, Be_ConfidentBro, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 4 others
Go and prepare first by talking to other people in a place where they don't know you, so you can exercise your social skills,.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5746, Deleted member 5522, Deleted member 7240 and 3 others
Go and prepare first by talking to other people in a place where they don't know you, so you can exercise your social skills,.
Honestly this. Just every chance you get (whilst shopping make a passing comment to the cashier etc.). And even if you fuck it up a bit, you'll realise it isnt the end of the world and most people dont really care.
Also, autists tend to over think social interactions which leads to them acting weird, so try and relax and not overthink things (easier said than done tbh)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12146, Deleted member 5746, Deleted member 5522 and 1 other person
which uni?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, sytyl, Deleted member 3583 and 1 other person
I was the exact same when starting Uni few years ago. Few things: after class, try to talk to a few people. Some of my best friends now were set beside me in a random lecture and that´s how me met. If you´ll live in a dormitory, talk to the people there if you have a shared kitchen or so, eat your meals there and socialize with others. Go to student gatherings of your dorms, join some student clubs, or gatherings of students of your faculty. Since you study the same shit and are all new to uni, there is plenty to talk about so dw about it. Its also good to join some sport clubs of uni, can meet some friends threre too. I´ve been to clubs maybe 8 times last 5 years as its not my cup of tea either, so I just wouldn´t worry about that part. If you go to some kind of party, have a few drinks, loosens you up a bit and will have less anxiety.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and Deleted member 5522
You probably won't be doing any of that anyway jfl. At least that's what it's like in my country. Lockdowns mean everything is online and everything is closed.

All it takes is for some 6'4 chadlite to be in your class and it's over.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 12165, Deleted member 4209, Deleted member 9090 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12165 and optimisticzoomer
hs dropouts gtfih :what:

do what i did and be locked in a room for 4 years

guaranteed to get u bitches br0

All it takes is for some 6'4 chadlite to be in your class and it's over.
I'm not talking about getting girls. I'm talking about just making friends and at least being able to interact with females in halls and on course

go ER during orientation
nobody will expect it

Just Be_ConfidentBro

Get drunk 24/7. Only thing that helps me in social circles

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
nothing will change

University is a great opportunity in life. I'm planning to go this fall and am super excited about it.

If you feel socially awkward with people practice your social interactions with people like a cashier or something like that.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer