How to tell if you have a wide pallet?

Deleted member 281

Deleted member 281

PhD in LDARing.
And what are the advantages of having a wide pallet?

And what are the advantages of having a wide pallet?

Associated with wider jaw and the wider it is the more visible the teeth and amount becomes during a smile

Not that important tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 281
Associated with wider jaw and the wider it is the more visible the teeth and amount becomes during a smile

Not that important tbh
It's quite important for proper tongue posture. I have trouble holding my tongue on the palate due to its lack of width.

• +1
Reactions: Jackkal
Basically the narrower the palate gets, the more v-shaped it becomes and teeth become crowded which blocks the airway and leads to deformed faces.

0B996E18 AF04 4640 B331 A22D3F8FDD19

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 281
Basically the narrower the palate gets, the more v-shaped it becomes and teeth become crowded which blocks the airway and leads to deformed faces.

View attachment 3228

Think my might be just between these two. My dentist never pointed anything other than the fact that i have a good bite tho

Think my might be just between these two. My dentist never pointed anything other than the fact that i have a good bite tho
The one at the top’s kinda average tbh. Someone with a wide palate is Julia
Roberts

DC397C60 68C2 42F1 BC36 F52D2510B6EF

Cavemen used to have palates way wider than people today so they could do intense physical activity all while breathing through the nose

Not that important tbh
So you can tell the width based off teeth count? When I fully smile, for my top row of teeth I can see from 2 teeth past my canines to the opposite canine + 2 teeth. Don’t know if that means anything or is useless info
The one at the top’s kinda average tbh. Someone with a wide palate is Julia
Roberts

View attachment 3230

Cavemen used to have palates way wider than people today so they could do intense physical activity all while breathing through the nose
I knew that I wasn’t the only one who would always notice her wide af mouth in every movie lmao. Does your lip width have anything to do with it or just how much teeth show during smiling.

So you can tell the width based off teeth count? When I fully smile, for my top row of teeth I can see from 2 teeth past my canines to the opposite canine + 2 teeth. Don’t know if that means anything or is useless info

Generally speaking, yes.
Yeah if that's the case then it's good
What about the lower set of teeth ?

. Does your lip width have anything to do with it or just how much teeth show during smiling.
The wider your lips are, the more developed your face/maxilla is.

Exactly this. Your lips get wider as your mouth and palate expands

• +1
Reactions: tallcel
Interesting. Didn’t know about that. Is there a graph or certain width length that meets a certain development level or. I think mine is maybe slightly above average, not sure

Is there a graph or certain width length that meets a certain development level or.
Haven't heard of such a graph. I would be interested too. Mine are definitely underdeveloped.
Oh and by the way I think your chin width is partly determined by the width of your lower teeth

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: margotrobbie
Idek about my palate if its wide or narrow

20181103 213606

@tallcel

You measure you inter molar width with a caliper. I also measure my pre-molar because that's where most of my movement has occurred the past few months of mewing.

Will invasalign fix my narrow palate? I'm getting it soon.

Can you fit all the tongue up without breathing discomfort?