How to widen your rib cage (bigger chest, ect)

Deleted member 773

Deleted member 773

Looksmaxxing is COPE! (RIP 1-5-19 - 2-17-21)
Hey guys,

Many of you guys already know that a wide ribcage is very important to your frame. Horizontally, yes, it can give the appearance of having a larger torso, but also laterally it plays a big role. This method is how to increase your ribcage size laterally, aka outward aka bigger chest and frame.

Basically, you are increasing your lung capacity which pushes your ribcage out.
What you want to do it breath in through your nose and fill yourself up with as much air as possible, quite literally until you ironically can’t breathe. Then, hold that air in for as long as possible. You willing feel your chest being slightly bigger. Over time, this exercise will increase lung capacity and give you a bigger chest.

Many would say body is cope, but if you have a frame like me where you have flared ribs + big stomach then having as wide of a ribcage as possible is ideal. This will widen your frame. Old bodybuilders did these exercises all the time to give the appearance of a more masculine, ripped chest as opposed to the more feminine soft chests you see on them today that rely of body fat to look big.

This is something you have to do everyday for about 5 minutes or more, thankfully it’s something you can do at pretty much any time. Just don’t hold it in too long like an aspie.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, je3oe, IWantToMax and 9 others
I like dumbelll pollovers for splaying out the ribcage. Might just be in my head or due to serratus development but idk.

• +1
Reactions: je3oe, androidcel, jefferson and 1 other person
28434 Ideal ribcage

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5875, androidcel, sorrowfulsad and 6 others
My rib cage is too big. It makes my ab area look weird

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, je3oe and Deleted member 773
Hey guys,

Many of you guys already know that a wide ribcage is very important to your frame. Horizontally, yes, it can give the appearance of having a larger torso, but also laterally it plays a big role. This method is how to increase your ribcage size laterally, aka outward aka bigger chest and frame.

What you want to do it breath in through your nose and fill yourself up with as much air as possible, quite literally until you ironically can’t breathe. Then, hold that air in for as long as possible. You willing feel your chest being slightly bigger. Over time, this exercise will increase lung capacity and give you a bigger chest.

Many would say body is cope, but if you have a frame like me where you have flared ribs + big stomach then having as wide of a ribcage as possible is ideal. This will widen your frame. Old bodybuilders did these exercises all the time to give the appearance of a more masculine, ripped chest as opposed to the more feminine soft chests you see on them today that rely of body fat to look big.

This is something you have to do everyday for about 5 minutes or more, thankfully it’s something you can do at pretty much any time. Just don’t hold it in too long like an aspie.
This is legit. This is why swimmers all have such large rib cages

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 773
My rib cage is too big. It makes my ab area look weird
Better than subhuman ribcage like mine due to scoliosis, although I’ve already noticed it’s bigger and I only been doing this for 3 days now

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Better than subhuman ribcage like mine due to scoliosis, although I’ve already noticed it’s bigger and I only been doing this for 3 days now
I guess. I’m also a tuba player for my mandatory school band so it’s just getting bigger

• +1
Hey guys,

jfl. I have pectus carinatum making my sternum stick out aka ribcage wider latetally. as long as your ribcage is noy deforned no need to do this. Jfl when I have 135% lung capacity fot my age height and weight. but only using 40% of it usefully.

• +1
@DrTony gtfih

• +1
Reactions: Autist and Deleted member 773
Lmao at the coping u can’t increase your rib cage. Swimmer example is reverse causality
U can give the illusion of bigger rib cage. But not talking about that

• +1
Reactions: androidcel and Extra Chromosome
Lmao at the coping u can’t increase your rib cage. Swimmer example is reverse causality
:feelshah:

• JFL
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
I started doing this, is this actually legit? I can hold the air for like 1 minute, so I should do it at least 5 times?

Good luck to all the participants.

• +1
Reactions: UltraExtremeIntense
Hey guys,

I have been doing weight-free pullovers to expand the ribcage for 3 years.
my pullovers are performed slowly with straight arms, while I mouthbreath and try to inhale as much air as possible.
It may be a cope, but at least this way I do some lats stretching

• +1
Reactions: bruh3610
You can extend your rib cage only until certain age like 23-25. And that requires weight lifting. Just breathing won’t move your bones lol

You can extend your rib cage only until certain age like 23-25. And that requires weight lifting. Just breathing won’t move your bones lol
The part of ribs that expands it is cartilage which can be manipulates. Studies have proven that swimmers have expanded ribcages.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Deleted member 685 and SayNoToRotting
Thanks, OP. I'll keep this in mind.

• +1
I started doing this, is this actually legit? I can hold the air for like 1 minute, so I should do it at least 5 times?
Time will tell but it does work.

• +1
Reactions: The Dude Abides
Deosent lifting just add muscles to ribcage?

there are exercises which aid in the expansion.
Show us the proof.
Heres a study
"These findings suggest that swimmers may have achieved greater lung volumes than either runners or control subjects, not because of greater inspiratory muscle strength, or differences in height, fat free mass, alveolar distensibility, age at start of training or sternal length or chest depth, but by developing physically wider chests, containing an increased number of alveoli, rather than alveoli of increased size."

Could still be false but its worth a try.

Last edited:
  • +1
No. Just like with the shoulders you can widen your ribcage a little. But only if you are young enough. If I were you I would google what specific exercises would help with that and focus on them while you still can

Waiting for pics

BRB going to try this

Juge improvement on the after pic , im stunned

Anyone on the internet actually done this and recorded results?

• +1
Reactions: Steve bachall
just lol at 5 minutes tbh, I do this almost the entire day, I simulate being in space 12/7

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74
Hey guys,

jfl if you don't have 160% lung capacity like @Wool

• +1
Reactions: Baki
Death to all jews

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: You and Extra Chromosome
No rib cage size for your social status

Hey guys,

I started doing this and I nearly fainted

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and her
I doubt this works, however there was someone on misc like 5 years ago who posted what looked like a solid method. You do dumbbell pullovers on a bench, but you make sure to breath in deep into the ribcage before you do each rep, and this stretches the ribcage. Not sure if he posted results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 6401
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Salludon and Deleted member 6272
Hey guys,

Won’t this give you a bigger waist showing less of a v taper.