I am seeing my masseter (face sides) extreme bloat only can be reduced by getting drunk and its depressing me

Zyros

Zyros

Kraken
Its a mix of rage, sadness and frustration. This week has been specially apparent. My masseter bloat is definitely not diet. I took botox injections which improved the GOOD days so its not that either.

It goes like this. After my big cheat day (my cheat days are BIG), the next day I see face bloat (bit less defined cheeks, puffier under eye bags...) but almost zero masseter bloat, with the sides of my face being striaght and fine. Over the next days bloat goes away (now that my body got used to new diet the bloat is almost all gone in one day) WHILE my face sides bloat gets worse and worse, puffier and puffier, until the day before getting drunk, in which I have a mix of a fucking FAT face frontal silhouette, mixed with a razor sharp jaw and hollow cheeks. If I press anywhere but my masseter area, my skin is tight and you feel the bone as soon as the finger does contact, while if I push my finger in my back jaw area (where the masseters are) its completely puffy. Then after I get drunk for the first time in the week, the masseter bloat goes away, and all the face is lean now (the best combo, both masseter area and rest of the face being perfect). After a weekend of having a good face, I do the cheat eating day. The next day Im still perfect in masseters and puffier everywhere else. After that the cycle starts again and my face water retention and definition gets better and better (as I said, now its almost in one single day) while the face sides get worse and worse, rounder and more bulging. Doesn't make any fucking sense.

After many weeks doing trials (different kinds of diet, dividing the single cheat day in two or more, changing what I drink in weekends...), I concluded that my masseter bloat is not diet related at all, since whle I control my cheek, jaws and basically everywhere but the parts in the back of the jaw between the gonion and zygo with predictable and efficient results trough diet, the only times I dont have a fucking pear shaped super round bulging masseter area is the days after drinking alcohol. It's driving me insane because I tried EVERYTHING and the ONLY thing that works is getting wasted the day before, and I can't do that every day, so I basically only look decent half of the week (when I can drink alcohol). I now also drink heavily if I know I have something important to do next day, like seeing someone, having an interview or attending events, just so my face silhouette doesnt look deformed and completely clashing with my sharp face shading. The changes my masseter bloat does to my face are also insane and radical, because I go from the under-zygo being narrower on good days, to under zygo portruding wider than the zygo on bad days, its REALLY noticeable and if you only looked at my face silhouette you'd think there is a more than 30-40 kilogram difference between the two silhouettes due to the unfortunate placement of that bloat.

Another thing that is driving me nuts is that in my fucking 30+ years of life I never saw a SINGLE male having this problem. Specially these last 2 years I look and see EVERY guy, be it a teen, adult or elder in the street, and NO ONE EVER that isnt literally obese has bulge in the area I have. See many fat guys with zero jawline, chubby cheeks and all that shit that still don't have the stupid outwards face-deforming bulge I have. If at least I knew someone with this shit it could help me search a solution but I seem to be the only male in earth with this stupid curse.

/vent

Last edited:
Jfl at drinking alcohol major looksmin

Jfl at drinking alcohol major looksmin

Makes my skin better and also helps with the aforementioned topic. Its a looksmax for me. I also have fast metabolism so I dont gain fat from it.

Makes my skin better and also helps with the aforementioned topic. Its a looksmax for me. I also have fast metabolism so I dont gain fat from it.
Oh i see, very weird since is one of the first cause of bloat

Oh i see, very weird since is one of the first cause of bloat

Im my case it functions like the opposite. When my body wasnt still used to the new diet and still retained some remaining bloat (Not the masseter one) at the start of the weekend, the alcohol killed that bloat almost completely.

Eat more potassium, drink more water and forget about your "low-carb/low-salt" approach. Maybe that helps. Would shoot for 4.5g of potassium and 2g sodium a day.

EDIT: I suffered from severe eyelid puffiness my whole life and only increasing potassium intake completely got rid of it.

Eat more potassium, drink more water and forget about your "low-carb/low-salt" approach. Maybe that helps. Would shoot for 4.5g of potassium and 2g sodium a day.

No, I repeat its not about water retention (I already eat healthy amounts of potassium anyways). I have ZERO water retention on some days in which I have insane masseter bloat. Thinki like, really shadowed cheeks (the last part in which you lose bloat), really sharp jaw combined with bloat ONLY in that region. I also already drink 4 liters minimum a day to combat cheek, midface and jaw bloat, which works pretty well.

The only part of my face that doesnt react to diet but only to alcohol, is the back of the area between zygo and gonion. As I said in OP, all the rest of the face reacts in a completely predictable way now.

No, I repeat its not about water retention (I already eat healthy amounts of potassium anyways). I have ZERO water retention on some days in which I have insane masseter bloat. Thinki like, really shadowed cheeks (the last part in which you lose bloat), really sharp jaw combined with bloat ONLY in that region. I also already drink 4 liters minimum a day to combat cheek, midface and jaw bloat, which works pretty well.

The only part of my face that doesnt react to diet but only to alcohol, is the back of the area between zygo and gonion. As I said in OP, all the rest of the face reacts in a completely predictable way now.
Enjoy a drink then. Alcohol is diuretic, does caffeine have a similiar effect on you? Do you have a picture of your "masseter bloat"?

Enjoy a drink then. Alcohol is diuretic, does caffeine have a similiar effect on you? Do you have a picture of your "masseter bloat"?

Caffeine works yes, as a dyurethic, but like my other diet, has little effect on masseters. It works mostly on helping cheek, midface and underjaw bloat go away, with is not much of a problem anymore anyways. Only alcohol noticeably works on them. I dont have one but I may do one.