I am...

john2

john2

Gyneolatry Fiend
literally sitting on my bed, listening to Beethoven while I'm munching on some chicken nuggets.

tenor.gif

Parents aren't at home either.

Can't get any better because this is something nostalgic 🥵.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 5522, turkproducer and 4 others
Alright, time for them brownies :ogre:.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 5522
A good time to be alive

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522 and john2
listening to Beethoven
i appreciate all genres especially because i love sampling but im not sure how you can just listen to classical as recreational music lol.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
Enjoy :p

• +1
Reactions: john2
i appreciate all genres especially because i love sampling but im not sure how you can just listen to classical as recreational music lol.
I literally can't find enjoyment in any genre of music other than western classical/romanticism (well I guess I never did).
The themes are too addictive, touching and especially the construction of the pieces are just phenomenal... something that music of today's generation lacks imo. But his music speaks to my heart. I experience emotions and feelings which I have never experienced because nobody else could convey them. I wasn't listening to some really sad or formal music. I was listening to Beethoven's 32nd sonata. Listen to it and you'll see that he wrote a jazzy passage of music as a German in 1822. Pretty strange but it's a nice bar of music. There's so many recreational pieces of classical music in the form of a tempo marking as a 'march', waltz, scherzo or dance, which is quite catchy. I really dig Liszt's music cause it's just so romantic and heroic. There's a lot of excitement in his music cause he knew how to extend and write great climaxes. Sometimes I can't help but put one piece on repeat lmao. What side of classical music have you heard yet?
Thanks nigga. You don't like brownies?

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer, oatmeal, Deleted member 5522 and 1 other person
I've been trying to learn moonlight sonata 1st movement recently

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, john2 and Deleted member 5522
No because its not food
You're actually right. I put in 125g of butter and two eggs in it (which is the healthy part)... but when I added in that brownie mix, it became unhealthy cause the mix had chocolate flour and sugar which are slow poison.
I've been trying to learn moonlight sonata 1st movement recently
Pretty nice piece, but overrated imo.

I actually did learn that piece when I was around 13-14 yo... but I immediately dropped it out of my repertoire looking at how simple and uninteresting it was compared to Liszt's Liebestraume ngl. I learnt Brahms Capriccio last year too, but I don't play it anymore cause I got bored (plus it's an unexciting piece). I'm currently learning Rachmaninoff's Etude op.33 no.2 which is a Henle grade 7 in terms of difficulty. It's pretty exciting and great. I won't be abandoning this hopefully.

I think you can finish learning that 1st movement within a week's time cause it's too easy.

• Woah
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887, Deleted member 5522 and WadlowMaxxing
You're actually right. I put in 125g of butter and two eggs in it (which is the healthy part)... but when I added in that brownie mix, it became unhealthy cause the mix had chocolate flour and sugar which are slow poison.

Pretty nice piece, but overrated imo.

I actually did learn that piece when I was around 13-14 yo... but I immediately dropped it out of my repertoire looking at how simple and uninteresting it was compared to Liszt's Liebestraume ngl. I learnt Brahms Capriccio last year too, but I don't play it anymore cause I got bored (plus it's an unexciting piece). I'm currently learning Rachmaninoff's Etude op.33 no.2 which is a Henle grade 7 in terms of difficulty. It's pretty exciting and great. I won't be abandoning this hopefully.

I think you can finish learning that 1st movement within a week's time cause it's too easy.
Liebestraum sounds very very nice ngl. I am not near as good a piano player as you though. It will probably take me a month to learn the 1st movement.

Do you learn by reading or just memory from YouTube videos?
Maube I should start learning sight reading again I got too bored of it as a kid and frustrated with my crazy Asian piano teacher

• +1
Liebestraum sounds very very nice ngl. I am not near as good a piano player as you though. It will probably take me a month to learn the 1st movement.

Do you learn by reading or just memory from YouTube videos?
Yeah Liebestraume is a masterpiece. Reading sheet music helps you understand the piece better because it actually has the tempo, other little details and dynamic markings written (by the composer and the publisher themselves). YouTube synthesia videos are cool for quick learning and for those who want to know how the piece should actually sound like. I do a bit of both, depending on my mood.

You might like the second movement of that sonata, fyi. I learnt that ages ago. I'm not that great of a pianist either lol. I'm an amateur. You can learn something like the flight of the bumblebee as a novice if you actually have patience and the motivation to learn it. It's not hard to learn/memorize a piece usually. Any composition can be learnt if you play it slowly and then gradually speed up, by practice.

I literally can't find enjoyment in any genre of music other than western classical/romanticism (well I guess I never did).
The themes are too addictive, touching and especially the construction of the pieces are just phenomenal... something that music of today's generation lacks imo. But his music speaks to my heart. I experience emotions and feelings which I have never experienced because nobody else could convey them. I wasn't listening to some really sad or formal music. I was listening to Beethoven's 32nd sonata. Listen to it and you'll see that he wrote a jazzy passage of music as a German in 1822. Pretty strange but it's a nice bar of music. There's so many recreational pieces of classical music in the form of a tempo marking as a 'march', waltz, scherzo or dance, which is quite catchy. I really dig Liszt's music cause it's just so romantic and heroic. There's a lot of excitement in his music cause he knew how to extend and write great climaxes. Sometimes I can't help but put one piece on repeat lmao. What side of classical music have you heard yet?

i like erik satie 🙏🏼

of course not all classical is sad, but it just doesn’t have enough vibes for me man

i can definitely appreciate the use of instruments in their most pure rawest form, with the help of no singing or production team to create music, especially since i used samples like this, but i guess it’s just not for me when listening fully recreationally.

i like erik satie 🙏🏼

of course not all classical is sad, but it just doesn’t have enough movement for me man,
sole or only orchestral instruments bore me if i listen too excessively

i can definitely appreciate the use of instruments in their most pure rawest form, with the help of no singing or production team to create real music, especially since i used samples like this, but i guess it’s just not for me when listening fully recreationally.

i like all genres however

• +1
of course not all classical is sad, but it just doesn’t have enough movement for me man,
sole or only orchestral instruments bore me if i listen too excessively
Yes, the reason why I stated about classical music being something formal/serious or sad is because that's what the majority of the masses instantly think of in the first place about it. Most famous pieces in classical are in minor key signatures anyways, so it sounds sad mostly.
I agree orchestra on it's own gets boring most of the times. I'm repulsed by opera and vocal in classical music, tbvh.
i like erik satie 🙏🏼
Nice. Satie isn't someone who I listen to a lot, but his music is coherent which is why I believe he's famous. He isn't a classical musician, but more of an impressionist. But who cares, his music matters more than what it's labelled as. Critics consider him as unimportant because his music is too simple and easy on the ear, generally speaking. But I recall reading Ravel (a composer) saying that simplicity is the key to success, probably because one of his pieces he wrote as a joke, out of laziness actually became famous among the masses.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: oatmeal and turkproducer