I destroyed my face with acne cream

Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
never overdo with acne treatment! I have had moderate acne since I was 13, so I take adapalene on prescription once a day, a drug similar to tretinoin.
Tired of theese infeffective topic treatments, last week I started taking adapalene or tretinoin twice a day. Now my face is completely red, it burns a lot and the skin is completely dry and flakes off continuously, this condition will last some days.
topic treatments for acne have a very mild effect and should be banned!
Doctors could cure all Acne patients in few months with oral treatments like Isotretinoin, but pharmaceutical companies allow doctors to prescribe isotretinoin only in extremes cases of Acne, consequently all acne patients continue buying useless creams for years, while pharma companies earn a lot.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
No. It depends on what of acne you have and how severe it is. Those creams / antibiotics work for some but not for others. only when you have exhausted all your options should you opt for Accutane. That shit's strong

I used accutane on 2 cycles of 20mg/day for 2 monthish.

Most of my acne is gone tbh, but I doubt I had to use a drug like accutane, it is strong. But It seemed like such a weak drug compared to the roids I was on.

never overdo with acne treatment! I have had moderate acne since I was 13, so I take adapalene on prescription once a day, a drug similar to tretinoin.
Tired of theese infeffective topic treatments, last week I started taking adapalene or tretinoin twice a day. Now my face is completely red, it burns a lot and the skin is completely dry and flakes off continuously, this condition will last some days.
Doctors could cure all Acne patients in few months with oral treatments like Isotretinoin, but pharmaceutical companies allow doctors to prescribe isotretinoin only in extremes cases of Acne, consequently all acne patients continue buying useless creams for years, while pharma companies earn a lot.
I was in the same boat as you. I'm still taking adapalene as well bro. And yeah what you wanna do is moisturize. HEAVILY moisturize if you don't already. But the big thing you wanna do is get on minocycline or doxycycline. Ask your derm about it. That + adapalene changed my skin for the better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963

Happy5

I had this same problem on Retin-A and some some bleaching cream that starts with a C I used.

I would only recommend these products for short term use. Best long term solution is daily skincare routine.