Escaping nerd pheno

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Deleted member 14262 and needsurgeryasap
plan on having it despite having very low myopia, watching the thread

• +1
Reactions: needsurgeryasap
I've heard the process is painful, describe that

I also plan to get PRK if possible, cause I wanna get into fighting

at the durgery u feel nothing. They five u drops. After half an hour u will start feeling pains. They tive you glasses to wear and stay in dark for 5 days and avoid screens or any light. U gotta do ur eye drops once every hour. From 8 am to 12:00 at night.

I had 5 days of pain. The pain lasted exactly as long as the doctor said. Fifth day was better and I could open my eyes. Basically felt like I had 100 pieces of sand in my eyes and it was burning and tearing up a lot and felt like knives in my eyes. I spent a lot of time asleep as it gets really boring being in dark and not being able to see screens and experiencing too much pain. Day one and five werent bad. Sometimes it takes 4 days only to heal. But the pain was difficult but I just closed my eyes and went to sleep and it wasn’t too bad.

Then u gotta see the doctor after the five days to check ur healing progress. They take off ur glasses and send u home and u can see. 60% of vision is restored after 5 days and u can drive.

100% vision is restored in 3 months.

U gotta take eye drops every hour and a multi vitamin to heal faster. That will be prescribed. U should set alarm to do it every hour. Its really important.

I stayed in a hotel room for 5 days. I would suggest u order food beforehand if ur going to get it done alone

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, bugeye and Pillarman

at the durgery u feel nothing. They five u drops. After half an hour u will start feeling pains. They tive you glasses to wear and stay in dark for 5 days and avoid screens or any light. U gotta do ur eye drops once every hour. From 8 am to 12:00 at night.

I had 5 days of pain. The pain lasted exactly as long as the doctor said. Fifth day was better and I could open my eyes. Basically felt like I had 100 pieces of sand in my eyes and it was burning and tearing up a lot and felt like knives in my eyes. I spent a lot of time asleep as it gets really boring being in dark and not being able to see screens and experiencing too much pain. Day one and five werent bad. Sometimes it takes 4 days only to heal. But the pain was difficult but I just closed my eyes and went to sleep and it wasn’t too bad.

Then u gotta see the doctor after the five days to check ur healing progress. They take off ur glasses and send u home and u can see. 60% of vision is restored after 5 days and u can drive.

100% vision is restored in 3 months.

U gotta take eye drops every hour and a multi vitamin to heal faster. That will be prescribed. U should set alarm to do it every hour. Its really important.

I stayed in a hotel room for 5 days. I would suggest u order food beforehand if ur going to get it done alone

You know what they say, cope or rope

how do you deal with the agony of the operation? did they dope you beforehand?

how do you deal with the agony of the operation? did they dope you beforehand?

They just put an eyedrop half an hour before the operation. You dont feel any pain during the operation. Your eyes are open and u can see what he is doing and while he is cutting your eyes and when the laser is burning it.

What did you do in the five days after the surgery? Could you go outside while wearing sunglasses?

What did you do in the five days after the surgery? Could you go outside while wearing sunglasses?

I didnt go outside. I stayed in all day in dark. A friend of mine went out only at night with her surgery glasses.

I didnt go outside. I stayed in all day in dark. A friend of mine went out only at night with her surgery glasses.

I will have PRK surgery in the next month. They won't give me glasses after the surgery but contact lenses instead, so I can wear sunglasses. The doctor said I will have to go back one day and three days after the surgery to check my eyes. I am a countrycel so I live a bit far away from the clinic. Do you think I can go there by train (2 hour trip) in daylight hours one day after the surgery?

I will have PRK surgery in the next month. They won't give me glasses after the surgery but contact lenses instead, so I can wear sunglasses. The doctor said I will have to go back one day and three days after the surgery to check my eyes. I am a countrycel so I live a bit far away from the clinic. Do you think I can go there by train (2 hour trip) in daylight hours one day after the surgery?
Day one and third? I had too much pain to open my eyes for a couple of hours in some of the days. If it lands on those days then i would be worried but otherwise should be okay. But they do say avoid light because light makes the pain worse. Will you have anyone with you? If so, should be fine and worst case scenario they hold onto you and u close ur eyes. after my surgery i took the metro then taxi.

• +1
Reactions: jfcage
Day one and third? I had too much pain to open my eyes for a couple of hours in some of the days. If it lands on those days then i would be worried but otherwise should be okay. But they do say avoid light because light makes the pain worse. Will you have anyone with you? If so, should be fine and worst case scenario they hold onto you and u close ur eyes. after my surgery i took the metro then taxi.

Thanks! My friend will help me out then. Hopefully I will be OK right after the surgery so I can travel home alone by train.

Thanks! My friend will help me out then. Hopefully I will be OK right after the surgery so I can travel home alone by train.

The eyedrop that stops the pain should last around 20 minutes or 30 after the surgery. Use google maps to tell u where u are or at what station. It gives notifications if u set it up

• +1
Reactions: jfcage

What was your prescription before surgery? Did they do trans prk where they use laser to burn off the outer layer or they used alcohol? How long are you post op now and what's your vision? Do you have any side effects like dry eyes or bad night vision, halos starbursts etc?

What was your prescription before surgery? Did they do trans prk where they use laser to burn off the outer layer or they used alcohol? How long are you post op now and what's your vision? Do you have any side effects like dry eyes or bad night vision, halos starbursts etc?

they used ilasek which uses the wavefront technology. eye prescription was 5. i am nearly 2 months post op. my vision? i didn't get it tested yet but i see clearly but my close distance vision seems worse than before. when i get dry eyes, i use eyedrops so it doesn't bother me (they suggest that too). i try to use them once every hour or every 2 hours. i don't have any halos or starbursts or bad night vision. i do think i have dry eyes but i did have dry eyes before this as well and eyedrops help.

• +1
Reactions: MewingJBP
they used ilasek which uses the wavefront technology. eye prescription was 5. i am nearly 2 months post op. my vision? i didn't get it tested yet but i see clearly but my close distance vision seems worse than before. when i get dry eyes, i use eyedrops so it doesn't bother me (they suggest that too). i try to use them once every hour or every 2 hours. i don't have any halos or starbursts or bad night vision. i do think i have dry eyes but i did have dry eyes before this as well and eyedrops help.

Hey bro, I just had PRK surgery yesterday. Today my doctor examined my vision and it is 0-4, 0-5 (left eye, right eye). Will my vision improve or only the haziness will go away?

Hey bro, I just had PRK surgery yesterday. Today my doctor examined my vision and it is 0-4, 0-5 (left eye, right eye). Will my vision improve or only the haziness will go away?
You have to wait 5 days to get 60% of your vision. If you don’t see perfect right now, it normal. I didn’t see well too at first but now I see clear but my near vision did get worse than before.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and jfcage
You have to wait 5 days to get 60% of your vision. If you don’t see perfect right now, it normal. I didn’t see well too at first but now I see clear but my near vision did get worse than before.

Thanks mate. Is there a chance your near vision will improve over time? I hope you don't need glasses for that.

Thanks mate. Is there a chance your near vision will improve over time? I hope you don't need glasses for that.
Some people have to wear it. Im still months post op so its still healing. Hopefully heals ok

How does fighting affect your choice? Are other forms of eye surgery more fragile?

How does fighting affect your choice? Are other forms of eye surgery more fragile?
yeah, lasik is a bad choice I've read, just google around

• +1
Reactions: Spinc
Some people have to wear it. Im still months post op so its still healing. Hopefully heals ok

I just had a follow up exam one week after my PRK surgery. Eyes are both 100%, although I have the same problem you have, my close distance vision is somewhat blurry. Doctor said it will go away soon, and my vision can be better than 100% in the end. I have no pain or discomfort anymore. This investment seems solid so far

With lasik it can pop out (the area that was cut in your eye). PRK doesn't have that risk. If u do heavy training etc, they won’t do lasik on you.

• +1
Reactions: Spinc
I just had a follow up exam one week after my PRK surgery. Eyes are both 100%, although I have the same problem you have, my close distance vision is somewhat blurry. Doctor said it will go away soon, and my vision can be better than 100% in the end. I have no pain or discomfort anymore. This investment seems solid so far
Yep, same boat. Make sure to stock up on your eyedrops. I didnt and my eyes are really dry now. I ordered some on amazon yesterday

Yep, same boat. Make sure to stock up on your eyedrops. I didnt and my eyes are really dry now. I ordered some on amazon yesterday

One thing is eye dryness, the other thing is that repair cells activize themselves if you don't use anti-inflammatory steroidal eye drops, and try to restore the pre-surgical condition. That is why it is a must to use eye drops and artificial tears for 6 months after surgery even if your eyes aren't dry.

One thing is eye dryness, the other thing is that repair cells activize themselves if you don't use anti-inflammatory steroidal eye drops, and try to restore the pre-surgical condition. That is why it is a must to use eye drops and artificial tears for 6 months after surgery even if your eyes aren't dry.
The steroid ones i did them all already. Just the moisturising one i couldnt find here in uk until yesterday