I have a protruding mouth like an ape but a recessed mandible. Is ASO + ccw bimax the answer?

M

Merlix

Bronze
Thread title says it all. I need to smash back my mouth at least 1cm and bring forward my mandible. Everyone says ASO is bad but I can't move my my maxilla back since I need to bring forward my mandible and that would lead to fucked bite hence the ccw movement and teeth extraction. Or do I just need a massive jaw wraparound implant/filler to offset my mouth protrusion and nose?

I'm going for a consult with several maxfacs in the US and SK but figured I'd ask here too since I don't wanna get scammed out of 20k with the wrong procedure.

BTW. I already have a chin implant. My chin is recessed.
20200331 162718

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and Chadeep
No pics no care

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and didntreadlol
You have bimaxillary protrusion?

• +1
Added pic

• +1
You're fucking fat so lose some weight before speculating.

• +1
You're fucking fat so lose some weight before speculating.

Nah I have no bone structure in my face. Stomach is totally flat and I have little body fat.

• +1
Barret has protruding mouth due to top tier maxilla yours is the opposite nibba

• +1
  • +1
Wtf, you have a chin implant, and still look like you almost have no chin??
You need mse+msdo and then double jaw surgery combined with chin wing, after this huge procedure you need zygo&infraorbital and wraparound jaw implant. Whole procedure will take 2-3 years, and costs are around 80-100k.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, didntreadlol and Deleted member 4577
You need mse+msdo and then double jaw surgery combined with chin wing, after this huge procedure you need zygo&infraorbital and wraparound jaw implant. Whole procedure will take 2-3 years, and costs are around 80-100k.

I thought about mse and msdo but I'm 33 so success rate is low. What's the point of chin wing if I'm just going to do wraparound jaw implant anyways? And don't the zygo+infra orbital implants look like shit usually? I haven't really seen good results from that. I'm fine with everything else though but how does bimax work given my already protruding mouth?

• +1
I thought about mse and msdo but I'm 33 so success rate is low. What's the point of chin wing if I'm just going to do wraparound jaw implant anyways? And don't the zygo+infra orbital implants look like shit usually? I haven't really seen good results from that. I'm fine with everything else though but how does bimax work given my already protruding mouth?
Can you show us front profile?

• +1
Maybe later but I have a narrow face unfortunately. Mse and msdo would have been great but success rate at my age is low. At this point I think my best bet is to smash back my mouth so it's not the first thing people see and then greatly enlarge the jaw and chin to counter my big lips and nose.

At best I'm hoping to go from subhuman to normie but it is what it is.

• +1
Which one of these addresses the bimax protrusion? I have same problem as OP, protuding mouth due to protruding teeth and recessed chin.

• +1
Which one of these addresses the bimax protrusion? I have same problem as OP, protuding mouth due to protruding teeth and recessed chin.

My teeth are actually straight but the palate is very narrow leading to the protrusion. I'd need to literally cut away a segment from the palate to eliminate the protrusion. Not sure moving the maxilla back makes sense though, only a ccw rotation as a means of moving the mandible forward without changing the bite.

• +1
Your mandible is recessed
Your maxilla is good tbh

• +1
My teeth are actually straight but the palate is very narrow leading to the protrusion. I'd need to literally cut away a segment from the palate to eliminate the protrusion. Not sure moving the maxilla back makes sense though, only a ccw rotation as a means of moving the mandible forward without changing the bite.
What about a simple palatal expansion?

• +1
What about a simple palatal expansion?

I thought about SARPE or simple palate expansion but I don't see how that would reduce the protrusion, only increase teeth showing from the front when smiling and making room for my tongue. My teeth are not crowded either. They're perfectly straight. Just the entire mouth part sticks out too far. I can actually see the contour of my gum line around where my nasiolabial folds are and that doesn't seem right.

• +1
I thought about SARPE or simple palate expansion but I don't see how that would reduce the protrusion, only increase teeth showing from the front when smiling and making room for my tongue. My teeth are not crowded either. They're perfectly straight. Just the entire mouth part sticks out too far. I can actually see the contour of my gum line around where my nasiolabial folds are and that doesn't seem right.
Are you sure your teeth are perflectly straight? From the picture it looks like your upper lip protrudes beyond your lower lip

• +1
Advanced maxilla

• +1
Are you sure your teeth are perflectly straight? From the picture it looks like your upper lip protrudes beyond your lower lip

They're straight in the sense that they are pretty vertical. But my lower teeth are behind my upper teeth. Unfortunately my molars have been ground down so I don't think I could have my bottom teeth match up with my upper teeth without compromising my ability to chew.

• +1
They're straight in the sense that they are pretty vertical. But my lower teeth are behind my upper teeth. Unfortunately my molars have been ground down so I don't think I could have my bottom teeth match up with my upper teeth without compromising my ability to chew.
So you basically have an overbite

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Literally mogs my maxilla

• +1
fix your grandpa posture first

• +1