I have an asymmetrical jaw and mouth

CupOfCoffee

CupOfCoffee

IdentityCrisisCel
After talking with @future chadlite today, it came up that the asymmetry in my septum might have been caused by chewing too much on one side. I knew before that my left jaw always looked better than the right, but I realized it's a lot more serious than I thought. My right mandible is noticeably larger and more bloated than the left one, and my mouth slants down from right to left, and this is more noticeable when I talk, I open my mouth more on the right side. I have a slight nasolabial fold on my left side, but on the right it doesn't look obvious. My bite is normal after I had braces 3 years ago. The thing is, I'm scheduled for a rhino in May, I'm worried as fuck now that doing the rhino first before fixing my jaw could fuck everything up. I need your opinions guys, especially the high-functioning useful posters. What should I do?
@Wincel @Dude420 @HorseFace

Attachments

• 436079877_1280x720.jpg
    436079877_1280x720.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 209
  • +1
Reactions: fobos and Dude420
It is over

• +1
Reactions: Autist
What are you worried about exactly? Are you thinking about doing a bimax surgery after rhino?

just lol @ ur parents.. doctors even recommend fixing cleft lips at birth. Giga blue pillers ngl

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
If you are thinking about bimax I would talk about it with the rhino surgeon, otherwise, I don't see any risks, you'll stay deform with a better nose. GL on the rhino btw.

If you are thinking about bimax I would talk about it with the rhino surgeon, otherwise, I don't see any risks, you'll stay deform with a better nose. GL on the rhino btw.
I'm going to schedule a skype with him asap tbh. But I NEED to fix this and if it means begging my dad to pay then I don't give a flying fuck

I'm going to schedule a skype with him asap tbh. But I NEED to fix this and if it means begging my dad to pay then I don't give a flying fuck

How do you know it is asymmetrical? You can't really know without a scan.

I do you know it is asymmetrical? You can't really know without a scan.
I don't know for sure tbh, but the jaws look very different to me. And the mouth sloping down on one side is more obvious on video when I'm talking. Should I see a maxillofacial surgeon? I'm going to ask my rhino surgeon what he thinks of it.

I don't know for sure tbh, but the jaws look very different to me. And the mouth sloping down on one side is more obvious on video when I'm talking. Should I see a maxillofacial surgeon? I'm going to ask my rhino surgeon what he thinks of it.

Ask if you can, maxillo is like 30K btw.

Ask if you can, maxillo is like 30K btw.
Hence my Dad. And maybe insurance.

Suicide has gone up as one of the options now

• +1
Reactions: Dude420
just chew on the other size no ? i have the same problem

• JFL
Reactions: theropeking, towncel and Dude420
i have the same problem but im not sure if it comes from my asymmetrical bite or different sizes in masseters. when i put my upper teeth a little bit more on the right side, it looks more symmetrical but i cant keep this posture because it would give me an overbite and i dont rest on my molars properly

should fix ur jaw problems first 100%, max facs do CT scans of your entire skull and will pinpoint exact boney problems and solutions to them boyo, you can find out if its just ur jaw or ur entire skull (asymmetry is usually a result of a the entire skull being deformed in some way, not just 1 area)

• +1
Reactions: androidcel and CupOfCoffee
should fix ur jaw problems first 100%, max facs do CT scans of your entire skull and will pinpoint exact boney problems and solutions to them boyo, you can find out if its just ur jaw or ur entire skull (asymmetry is usually a result of a the entire skull being deformed in some way, not just 1 area)
Thanks I'm getting it sorted out eventually. It's actually not that bad I was overreacting. My mouth does slant down very slightly and one jaw is bigger but implants could probably fix the issue on one side and give it more mass. I'll need scans to be sure though so it's a problem for future me to worry about.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
Thanks I'm getting it sorted out eventually. It's actually not that bad I was overreacting. My mouth does slant down very slightly and one jaw is bigger but implants could probably fix the issue on one side and give it more mass. I'll need scans to be sure though so it's a problem for future me to worry about.
I have a similar slant. Don't think it's a big problem tbh.

Sleep on the back if you are a side sleeper because when you sleep exclusively on one side you apply constant facial pressure, also it causes wrinkles.

Sleep on the back if you are a side sleeper because when you sleep exclusively on one side you apply constant facial pressure, also it causes wrinkles.
I had no idea this was a thing, noting it down!

I have a similar slant. Don't think it's a big problem tbh.
My main concern is when I talk tbh, it's an in-motion problem that isn't too noticeable in a picture. Right side of the mouth opens more, I've read it's common for some to have the muscles in the right side of the face move more since their left hemisphere is more active (like in aspies) and controls the right side of the body. But since I have other asymmetry (septum) it's probably a more structural problem including the skull & jaw. The way my doc explained it was everyone's head forms in the womb essentially by wrapping left and right and fusing, and in most people asymmetries show up because one side moved faster than the other, causing one side of the skull and jaw to be bigger for life.

• +1
My main concern is when I talk tbh, it's an in-motion problem that isn't too noticeable in a picture. Right side of the mouth opens more, I've read it's common for some to have the muscles in the right side of the face move more since their left hemisphere is more active (like in aspies) and controls the right side of the body. But since I have other asymmetry (septum) it's probably a more structural problem including the skull & jaw. The way my doc explained it was everyone's head forms in the womb essentially by wrapping left and right and fusing, and in most people asymmetries show up because one side moved faster than the other, causing one side of the skull and jaw to be bigger for life.
Explains why my profile looks significantly different on one side to the other tbh. If it's a muscle thing I wonder if you can remedy it, but for me my whole palate and maxilla seems gently sloped to the one side, like it's a tiny bit more forward.

If it's a muscle thing I wonder if you can remedy it
I doubt it but a doc would know better

but for me my whole palate and maxilla seems gently sloped to the one side, like it's a tiny bit more forward.
Yeah your profile looks more left-dominant, at least the jaw seems larger on the left side. But irl I don't think it's noticeable

• +1
Yeah your profile looks more left-dominant, at least the jaw seems larger on the left side. But irl I don't think it's noticeable
Hoping it's not noticeable, though profile is mostly cope irl.