Rage I may have experienced TOTAL RELAPSE from BIMAX

L

Lefort III

Adept
Time online
17d 22h 48m
In June 2018, I got bimax surgery from a renowned surgeon. On paper, the purpose was correction of sleep apnea, but my true motivation was looksmaxxing. He agreed that bimax would be the best way to correct it, so he performed a Lefort 1 + BSSO where CCW was applied for both movements. I don't remember the exact movements I got, but it was around 10mm linear advancement for the BSSO and at least 5mm linear advancement Lefort 1 along with the CCW movements. However, the structure of my profile seems to have changed over the last 2.5 years, and I am worried that I may have relapsed. Also concerning is the fact that I have noticed that I have been snoring when I wake up (very dry and open mouth upon awaking). I was not made to wear braces after the surgery, as my bite was fine and my teeth were aligned.

Here is a photo from before surgery:
WIN_20170530_14_10_47_Pro.jpg

A photo from about 2 months after surgery:

Postsurg1.jpg

A photo I took earlier today:
PXL_20201122_031409876.jpg

Is it all in my head? Or am I really experiencing relapse?

Another pic after surgery, for more reference:
jaw2019 (2).jpg

Last edited:
L

Lefort III

Adept
Time online
17d 22h 48m
wtf i didn't know you could relapse from bimax i thought once you got it done its done wtf, what caused this and how much did you pay and where was it done
I don't know what caused it. I wore the post-surgery bands between the teeth for a month as required. I didn't sleep on my face for at least 6 months either. As for the other details, you'd have to PM me.

And yes, unfortunately, relapse is a very common complication of bimax.

Dutcher

Dutcher

Master
Time online
59d 9h 44m
Did you read my OP? You would know the answer if you did
I red it. It was for looks. You didn’t need such a huge advancement. And don’t BS me with muh sleep apnea I’m getting a 15mm BSSO soon

L

Lefort III

Adept
Time online
17d 22h 48m
I red it. It was for looks. You didn’t need such a huge advancement. And don’t BS me with muh sleep apnea I’m getting a 15mm BSSO soon
It was honestly for both. I didn't want to choke on my own throat during my sleep for the rest of my life.

EDIT: I also wasn't the one who decided the movements. My surgeon said I would be getting X amount of advancement and CCW to do what he thinks is best in his professional opinion, so that's what happened.

NarcyChadlite

NarcyChadlite

Zephir
Time online
51d 19h 34m
1606017787533.png

Whats ur ethnicity?... wierd ass skull shape

wanttobeattractive

wanttobeattractive

Instructor
Time online
8d 4h 22m
I don't know what caused it. I wore the post-surgery bands between the teeth for a month as required. I didn't sleep on my face for at least 6 months either. As for the other details, you'd have to PM me.

And yes, unfortunately, relapse is a very common complication of bimax.
didn't know suifuel tbh gonna have to look more into it when i get bimax

M

Mrinfinityx

Amateur
Time online
4d 14h 10m
In June 2018, I got bimax surgery from a renowned surgeon. On paper, the purpose was correction of sleep apnea, but my true motivation was looksmaxxing. He agreed that bimax would be the best way to correct it, so he performed a Lefort 1 + BSSO where CCW was applied for both movements. I don't remember the exact movements I got, but it was around 10mm linear advancement for the BSSO and at least 5mm linear advancement Lefort 1 along with the CCW movements. However, the structure of my profile seems to have changed over the last 2.5 years, and I am worried that I may have relapsed. Also concerning is the fact that I have noticed that I have been snoring when I wake up (very dry and open mouth upon awaking). I was not made to wear braces after the surgery, as my bite was fine and my teeth were aligned.

Here is a photo from before surgery:
View attachment 819064

A photo from about 2 months after surgery:

View attachment 819065

A photo I took earlier today:
View attachment 819068

Is it all in my head? Or am I really experiencing relapse?

Another pic after surgery, for more reference:
View attachment 819086
Very logical

Height growth of ur face continue to 25 years old age and after too by aging

Same for nose and ears

curryslayerordeath

curryslayerordeath

Wizard
Time online
105d 14h 30m
its hard to tell from these pics, but u def do look different between ur post-recovery and current pics. cant a maxfac compare between ur post-surgery scans and current scans to tell if youve relapsed noticeably?

L

Lefort III

Adept
Time online
17d 22h 48m
its hard to tell from these pics, but u def do look different between ur post-recovery and current pics. cant a maxfac compare between ur post-surgery scans and current scans to tell if youve relapsed noticeably?
I'd have to pay for scans in order to do that. I'm broke right now.

M

Mrinfinityx

Amateur
Time online
4d 14h 10m
Very logical

Height growth of ur face continue to 25 years old age and after too by aging

Same for nose and ears
Look from 20 to 25 years old i get height growth in my face shape

Is is natural process of aging

Attachments

L

Lefort III

Adept
Time online
17d 22h 48m
Look from 20 to 25 years old i get height growth in my face shape

Is is natural process of aging
So you think that the changes in my face, including the potato sac-like structure underneath my jaw, is because of aging? I'm not sure if I buy that. There appear to have been actual structural changes, not just soft tissue changes.

L

Lefort III

Adept
Time online
17d 22h 48m
dawg your face is fat lol. How can you compare the profiles when I can literally see the fat in your 2 year post picture
No. My face is recessed/insufficient bone mass to support a relatively normal amount of soft tissue. I only weigh 165 lbs and about 17% body fat

A look at one of my postsurgery photos will show that I didn't have this problem earlier

M

Mrinfinityx

Amateur
Time online
4d 14h 10m
So you think that the changes in my face, including the potato sac-like structure underneath my jaw, is because of aging? I'm not sure if I buy that. There appear to have been actual structural changes, not just soft tissue changes.
It is clearly possible until 25 years old if u don't have it already and of course it can be favored by mouth breathing consistently during years before and after ur operation by simple growth, or it will take a decade after 25 years by simple bone restructuring.

If u have this problem during sleeping time when the body is growing or in restructuring process it can be favored even more

Last edited:
L

Lefort III

Adept
Time online
17d 22h 48m
You underestimate your body fat.
There's no way it's above 20% body fat, that's for sure. The structure underneath my jaw is hard, not soft, and is part of my throat.

M

Mrinfinityx

Amateur
Time online
4d 14h 10m
Each step in forward growth can be negated by height or downward growth at final render, logic

ConorMcGregor

ConorMcGregor

Mog or be mogged
Time online
43d 2h 44m
No. My face is recessed/insufficient bone mass to support a relatively normal amount of soft tissue. I only weigh 165 lbs and about 17% body fat

A look at one of my postsurgery photos will show that I didn't have this problem earlier
You have a fucking double chin close your mouth and stop eating and you will see the results of your surgery you fucking aspie