I might be onto something regarding male pattern baldness and need a volunteer

CopingCel

CopingCel

Coping never ends
to help me correct me correct my bad english texts.

There are enzymes called AKR1C2 and AKR1C1 that inactivate DHT locally. These enzymes are mainly found in fat tissue but in prostate as well.
Prostate tumors have reduced activity of these enzymes which leads to 42% higher dht levels than in the directly surounding tissue.
(https://www.mybiosource.com/recombi...bO4y1P4qXujwiXAtp-QwTNnrm2ii0GnYdgaPw1EylWZAA)

This means these enzymes work well and very locally. I hope they can somehow be created into an injection or a fluid to put on the scalp for local dht lowering.
Seems like I am the very first person to make that conclusion as I found no research in that regard.
But I have no Idea whether that possible or an absolute illusion.

I want to write some researchers emails explaining them my idea. But I am not a native englisch speaker and my spelling can be quite bad at times.

This means someone of you need to help me correct my texts. Either you need to be a native speaker or on a native level.

@Mr_Norwood @balding17yomanletcel

This is the first text I need corrected:

I might have an interesting idea regarding mbp treatment, but as I am not a medical professional, it possible I lack the knowledge to asses whether it is just naive wishful thinking.
I would appreciate if you could take the time to read the following and give me your oppinion on it:

I found out that there are enzymes called AKR1C2 and AKR1C1 which apparently inactivate DHT by metabolizing it into other stuff. They are mostly found in adipose tissue, but in others like the prostate as wel..
These metabolizing seems to be quite significant. This research paper on prostate cancer:
says that the DHT level in prostate tumors is around 42% higher than in the surounding tissue. They think reduced activity of the above mentioned enzymes in the tumor might be the reason for it.

If this is true these enzymes can reduce DHT levels quite a bit, limited to a local area.

To fight the cancer the paper suggests gene therapy if I (non native speaker) understand this phrase correctly: ''induction of AKR1C2 expression''

It seems like these enzymes can already be bought for horendous prices for research purposes:

I wonder if it would theoretically be possible to develop these into some kind of a injectiom, cream, or watery solution for local use on the scalp, to help in reducing the local DHT levels without affecting the systematic ones much.

Do you have an Idea whether that would be theoretically possible?

Other thoughts:
As these enzymes seem to be mainly found in subcutanous fat. Is it possible that these enzymes within the scalp fat* could already act as some kind of DHT filter?

Are there enough differences in the scalp fat to possibly explain DHT sensitivity differences with different amounts of scalp fat* and thus these enzymes?

Would it be possible that fat from the abdominal area injected in the scalp could support this DHT filtering and thus help reducing mbp in the long term?

There is a doctor who allegedly uses fat injections already, but they explain the alleged results with some stemcell magic that I don't understand yet.

*I am not sure whether these enzymes can be found in scalp fat. I only could find that they are definitely existing in abdominal fat.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: middayshowers, PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 2587 and 5 others
This is not a looksmaxing forum

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: tryingtofindsolution, Deleted member 2587, DidntRead and 3 others
to help me correct me correct my bad english texts.

There are enzymes called AKR1C2 and AKR1C1 that inactivate DHT locally. These enzymes are mainly found in fat tissue but in prostate as well.
Prostate tumors have reduced activity of these enzymes which leads to 42% higher dht levels than in the directly surounding tissue.
(https://www.mybiosource.com/recombi...bO4y1P4qXujwiXAtp-QwTNnrm2ii0GnYdgaPw1EylWZAA)

This means these enzymes work well and very locally. I hope they can somehow be created into an injection or a fluid to put on the scalp for local dht lowering.
Seems like I am the very first person to make that conclusion as I found no research in that regard.
But I have no Idea whether that possible or an absolute illusion.

I want to write some researchers emails explaining them my idea. But I am not a native englisch speaker and my spelling can be quite bad at times.

This means someone of you need to help me correct my texts. Either you need to be a native speaker or on a native level.

@Mr_Norwood @balding17yomanletcel

This is the first text I need corrected:

DUDE.

I've been looking for these genes all day. Will incorporate this into one of the crispr experiments.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
Not a joke.

In that case I would love to hear about your work please pm me about it.

The message above is meant for a hairloss doc in the us that seems pretty reputable.
I also prepared a message for a researcher knowing a bit about hormones and this enzyme.

To increase the chance of getting an answer it would be great to have perfect spelling and grammer.
So if anybody of you has very good english skills, please pm me and help me correcting the two messages.

Email your theory to some high IQ scientists and see what they say

Looksmax scientists are on to something. Finally the autism is paying of? 😅

• +1
Reactions: goat2x and PenileFacialSurgery
Damn we scientists now
Cyberpunk is real

In that case I would love to hear about your work please pm me about it.

The message above is meant for a hairloss doc in the us that seems pretty reputable.
I also prepared a message for a researcher knowing a bit about hormones and this enzyme.

To increase the chance of getting an answer it would be great to have perfect spelling and grammer.
So if anybody of you has very good english skills, please pm me and help me correcting the two messages.

I will send you updates

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990 and CopingCel
So far I have written one scientist mentioned in the cancer paper, one hairtransplant doc and one pharma company that already produces protein based drugs.

So lets hope for a positive answer from some high iq real world scientist cels.

EDIT: Writing Merck the manufacturer of propecia as well.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery
No reply so far from any of the big names. Not even from the researcher in the paper. Probably trying to patent my idea to get rich (just kidding)

But some pharmacy guy on reddit told me, that enzymes would be too expensive to produce (i find this strange as you can by enzymes like lactase if you are lactose intolerant)

Guy also said enzymes are quite big which makes it impossible to absorb them through skin.

I stil wonder if it would be possible to collect the cells that produce these enzymes from the bodyfat, concentrate them and inject these into the scalp.

• +1
You can legit buy, but it’s $1200-$3000 for just 1mg of that Shit.

If anyone can figure out how degradable it is, what amounts would be effective etc

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel and Deleted member 3123
You can legit buy, but it’s $1200-$3000 for just 1mg of that Shit.

If anyone can figure out how degradable it is, what amounts would be effective etc

It's also send packaged in Ecoli bacteria, so I guess youd have to extract it to use it effecrively.

Prices are btw going massively down between 0.01mg and 1mg so I would imagine mass production could make it cheap.

No one answered me yet, I'll give them another week and then mass spam every researchers name mentiones on related papers.

I btw wrote some ProStrakan employees as well to ask them why the Ru58841 trials have been abandoned. No answer either, but at least you can try. I don't the how it could be disadvanteous to them to make that info public now. Wouldn't wonder either if some of the old employees are behind anangen(the chinese ul that sells it now)

Last edited:
  • +1
I found out that absoorption through intact skin is impossible.
In that video:

Derek from MorePlatesMoreDates states that molecules need to be smaller than 500 dalton to penetrate the skin.
EDIT: More reputable source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10839713

According to the lab where you can order the protein, it has a size of around 50 KILO dalton = 50,000 dalton.
MBS958675 SDS

This means it is to large by a factor of 500.

So we need to gather more intel on the following methods:
1) Absorption through microneedling
2) injections
3) permanent placement by fat injections

Last edited:
  • +1
Found another very interesting study:

The study is about woman that grow too much hair (hirsutism)
It basically says woman with more hair have 1.9 times more tissue DHT than woman with normal hair growth.
It also says that in woman with hirsutism the enzyme which is breaking down DHT is by a factor of 7 less active than in normal woman.

That means it is very likely that this enzyme indeed can have a large effect on tissue DHT which can directly affect hair growth.
(Whether supporting or inhibiting it depends on the area, on scalp it kills hair, everywhere else it growth it)

Last edited:
  • +1
Found another very interesting study:

The study is about woman that grow too much hair (hirsutism)
It basically says woman with more hair have 1.9 times more tissue DHT than woman with normal hair growth.
It also says that in woman with hirsutism the enzyme which is breaking down DHT is by a factor of 7 less active than in normal woman.

That means it is very likely that this enzyme indeed can have a large effect on tissue DHT which can directly affect hair growth.
(Whether supporting or inhibiting it depends on the area, on scalp it kills hair, everywhere else it growth it)
DHT and hair GROWTH?

You're looking at 2 sides of the same coin. What explains hair growth is a whole other coin. Lowering DHT will slow down hairloss but by no means does that mean it'll kickstart hair growth. It won't.

DHT and hair GROWTH?

You're looking at 2 sides of the same coin. What explains hair growth is a whole other coin. Lowering DHT will slow down hairloss but by no means does that mean it'll kickstart hair growth. It won't.

DHT will make body and beard hair grow like it did to the womans in the study. Scalp hair on the contrary gets damaged.

The point of linking the study was to show that a different level of this enzyme can indirectly affect hair growth.
On these woman, less of the enzyme causes higher DHT which causes beard growth.
On man, more of this enzyme on the scalp should reduce DHT and thus slow down scalp hair loss.

Looks like injections/microneedling might be viable.
Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that is used to dissolve hyaluron based fillers. The enzyme is injected near the filler and breaks it down.

So I hope AKR1C2 could be injected in a similar way.

Enzymes half an average half life of 1-2 days. Some only minutes, while others years. The half life of AKR1C2 would greatly affect how much injections would need to be repeated. Could not find any infos on the internet though. Need to ask some researchers. It would also be interesting whether these enzymes stay in place or go systematic. If they go systematic, there is no advantage over finasteride.

Similarly like finasteride, AKR1C2 does not only inhibit DHT, but others androgenes (e.g progresterone) as well:
Not sure how much of a problem this is.

Last edited:
After years of failure, the medical industry was saved my the great "CopingCel" who discovered the cure for MPB. That's nobel material right there IMO.

Jokes aside I am not qualified to say if you're right or wrong. I would have to research and I can't be bothered. But keep at it bro, and send it to some PHD in the field, you can easily find their emails through colleges, or use something like Researchgate.com

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: CopingCel
After years of failure, the medical industry was saved my the great "CopingCel" who discovered the cure for MPB. That's nobel material right there IMO.

Jokes aside I am not qualified to say if you're right or wrong. I would have to research and I can't be bothered. But keep at it bro, and send it to some PHD in the field, you can easily find their emails through colleges, or use something like Researchgate.com

I guess even if I am right, which to be honest is unlikely, this would probably never be developed into a drug by a pharma company, cause they can not patent and make money of it.

MAYBE some special way of getting it into the scalp could be patented, but I think thats it.

So even if that would be viable, one would need some kind of crowdfunding to pay for actual research on it.
First research might be for free, though. At least in my country PHD's can work on whatever they want, so if I would find someone who finds this interesting enough, he might be able to do some rat tests or whatever with public money.

Just found out that I am indeed not the first person coming to this realisation:
Back in 2016 a guy called roman had the very same idea and seems to have done some more research on this:
There is a email adress in this. I'll try to contact him.

Apparently the enzyme is called 3-alpha-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase. AKR1C2 is just the gene which creates it.

The same articel mentions a forum post dating back to 2005 where someone made a comment about this topic:

Going to read through all this deeper soon.