I need Gymcelling advice

AraTe

AraTe

Average isn't enough
I am currently following a Push/Pull/Abs program I switched out legs for abs jfl looking like an X instead of a Y. As I am presently in my teens (15 years old), what exercises should I avoid not to stunt my growth? Also, how much should I lift? When do I increase the volume of the weights?

Just do them correctly, keep your back straight and don't overestimate yourself/use moderate weights

• +1
Reactions: AraTe
Train legs or you'll end up like me
Delts

No exercises will stunt your growth.

Train 4-5x per week

Try to lift more weight or more reps each week.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, bassfreak and AraTe
Exercising isn’t going to stunt your growth, that’s been debunked a few times now.
I wouldn’t throw legs out either. It takes a long time for legs to become tree trunks so don’t worry if that isn’t your aesthetic.
In fact doing heavy squats and leg press can increase gh production.

• +1
My best gym advice: Do your best to keep your scapula retracted basically at every excercise

• +1
My best gym advice: Do your best to keep your scapula retracted basically at every excercise
uhm, I can only think of benching and squats where you should fully retract the scapula. For all deadlifts types you need the scapula to be down, but also fully retracted like in the bench is just not feasabile. Shoulder press you shouldn't retract at the bottom nor at the top, in fact you actually need to shrug up to not risk impingement. For pulling exercises you should start the ROM with slight forward scapula (rows) or shrugged up scapula (chin ups, pull ups, lat pulls) and then end in a retracted position.

• +1
My best advice...
Just do it.No matter what.
Gym has no disadvantages

• +1
Chest idk, biceps 17"

although I have a bit of a pump there so probably a more

• +1
Reactions: Over