I need studycelling tips

averageblokecel

averageblokecel

The forum just went down baby, down
I'm on my second IB (International Baccalaureate ) year and I feel like I have no time (+rugby+gym), I need real fucking studycelling tips, being moderately high IQ I've messing around all high school long but now the real shit is onto me and I need help, fuck me

Also if anyone did the IB and can help me (or I can help him in anyway) I'd be interested

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
When I was in college and the work really started piling up I did nothing but study and watch youtube/Netflix as a break. Looked & felt like a skinny zombie with bad acne. Don't do what I did, be sure to set aside time to workout and get enough sleep. Overall it will help with studying because you won't feel dead.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Arkantos
What works for me might not work for you but I Will tell you anyway;

I do my best the whole week- gymcelling, studying/practicing (Music) and reading books. Twice a week I run Sprints (HIIT) . At nights I give myself a couple of hours to play some vidya.

At Friday, when I finished my routine, I treat myself with some good bong hitz and a beer while listening to some Jazz.

I feel like you have to make a plan that involves sacrifice & reward so you can work as a well oiled machine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Arkantos, Littleboy and 1 other person
I need help with study maxing too. Much appreciated if you provide some.

• +1
Don't browse forums

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Arkantos and Littleboy
I'm on my second IB (International Baccalaureate ) year and I feel like I have no time (+rugby+gym), I need real fucking studycelling tips, being moderately high IQ I've messing around all high school long but now the real shit is onto me and I need help, fuck me

Also if anyone did the IB and can help me (or I can help him in anyway) I'd be interested

The most important part of any studying plan is that it's sustainable and consistent.

The hours you study need to allow for other activities, and can't be so much that you get extreme burnout. They also need to be on a regular basis, and treated as if they were your job. You probably wouldn't just NOT show up to your job because you wanted to do something else, you do it regardless of how you feel that day.

Hope this helps

• +1
The most important part of any studying plan is that it's sustainable and consistent.

The hours you study need to allow for other activities, and can't be so much that you get extreme burnout. They also need to be on a regular basis, and treated as if they were your job. You probably wouldn't just NOT show up to your job because you wanted to do something else, you do it regardless of how you feel that day.

Hope this helps
Thanks

• +1

Yeah just break it up into chunks. I have sort of a photographic memory when I write the notes myself so try that t b h

Make note cards, get a planner to keep track of assignments and deadlines, and pace yourself. Take 5 min break every 30-40 mins of studying

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos and Littleboy
Read about the following things :

-Pomodoro technique
-Time boxing
- Spacing effect ( Download a spaced repetition flashcard program like anki and put information to memorize in the softwarei)
-Feynman technique
- 80 / 20 rule applied to learning
-Read about different note taking methods (Outline method,cornell method,mindmap method etc) and pick one

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2621, Arkantos and 1 other person

-Pomodoro technique
-Time boxing
- Spacing effect ( Download a spaced repetition flashcard program like ank and put information to memorize in the softwarei)
-Feynman technique
-Read about different note taking methods (Outline method,cornell method,mindmap method etc) and pick one

Good luck!
thanks maine

• +1
cut distractions and take breaks frequently. i.e when you are studying, make sure its nothing but studying, and when you take a break, make sure you clear your mind.

That being said, do not let breaks spill over into studying. this is a bad habit of mine that was basically remedied through disciplne

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Littleboy
No problem. I am happy to help others out

By the way the program is called Anki. I made a typo
how did you find these methods? real good advice you just gave...i've been unknowingly doing some of these for years which probably contributes to my continued academic success ngl

• +1
how did you find these methods?
You will eventually stumble upon learning methods if you actively look for them. :)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Littleboy
Use a Timer, and time how much you study for and how long your study sessions are. Set out duration of your study endeavour, and set hourly goals and the like.

• +1
Use a Timer, and time how much you study for and how long your study sessions are. Set out duration of your study endeavour, and set hourly goals and the like.
And take breaks

• +1

-Pomodoro technique
-Time boxing
- Spacing effect ( Download a spaced repetition flashcard program like anki and put information to memorize in the softwarei)
-Feynman technique

Good luck!

Cool. Has a notorious studyceller given these tips and can be give more?
What's the 80/20 rule applied to learning or studying if I may ask?
Don't browse forums

Yeah this big time I've gathered.

• +1