I plan on self treatment with accutane

gymislife

gymislife

After years of mild-moderate acne and trying all kinds of topicals - tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide, adapalene, salicylic acid, topical antibiotics and still getting breakouts + having an oily skin, I plan on taking 20 mg every 4 days in conjunction with retin-a.
My regime will be something like: Accutane20mg - rest day - Tretinoin 0.025% - rest - Accutane20mg - rest - Tretinoin 0.025% - rest, etc.

Using Accutane that way will result in getting in 5 mg daily, which is pretty effective for milder cases of acne (with very low chance of any sides):

If we look at this study where participants took 20 mg EOD, the risk of side effects was pretty low, the most common side effect was dry lips, which could be reduced with lip balm (and I'm even going to take a smaller dosage than that):

You can also look at this study and see how the group with lower dosage had much lesser sides than the group with conventional dosage while still getting in significant results in 87% of participants:

The reason why I'm going to take Tret and Accutane together is because IMO Tret does a better job for treating post inflammatory erythema and will lead to better results while using such small dosage of Accutane. Here's a study in which they gave patients combination therapy of Accutane + Tretinoin:

Also props to @Ringtaker for his amazing thread, make sure to check it out:

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder, Deleted member 2205, RichardSpencel and 2 others
I don't recommend it bro, not worth the risk. Not worth it at all. Don't roll the dice on this one, there are other ways to treat acne

Source- accutane triggered a disease called Lichen Planopilaris in me. Come to find out, I'm not the only one, a bunch of people also got diagnosed with lichen planopilaris after they took accutane

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 12758
I don't recommend it bro, not worth the risk. Not worth it at all. Don't roll the dice on this one, there are other ways to treat acne

Source- accutane triggered a disease called Lichen Planopilaris in me. Come to find out, I'm not the only one, a bunch of people also got diagnosed with lichen planopilaris after they took accutane
whats lichen

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
After years of mild-moderate acne and trying all kinds of topicals - tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide, adapalene, salicylic acid, topical antibiotics and still getting breakouts + having an oily skin, I plan on taking 20 mg every 4 days in conjunction with retin-a.
My regime will be something like: Accutane20mg - rest day - Tretinoin 0.025% - rest - Accutane20mg - rest - Tretinoin 0.025% - rest, etc.

Using Accutane that way will result in getting in 5 mg daily, which is pretty effective for milder cases of acne (with very low chance of any sides):

If we look at this study where participants took 20 mg EOD, the risk of side effects was pretty low, the most common side effect was dry lips, which could be reduced with lip balm (and I'm even going to take a smaller dosage than that):

You can also look at this study and see how the group with lower dosage had much lesser sides than the group with conventional dosage while still getting in significant results in 87% of participants:

The reason why I'm going to take Tret and Accutane together is because IMO Tret does a better job for treating post inflammatory erythema and will lead to better results while using such small dosage of Accutane. Here's a study in which they gave patients combination therapy of Accutane + Tretinoin:

Also props to @Ringtaker for his amazing thread, make sure to check it out:
Welcome to the club, i also take low dose iso, 10 mg every other day, only drawback is dry lips but i have zero pimples.

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
Im going to do this if topical retin a doesn't make my skin perfect

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
Welcome to the club, i also take low dose iso, 10 mg every other day, only drawback is dry lips but i have zero pimples.
yeah, my lips seem to be a bit dry lately but i use a lip balm and it's an instant fix

Accurate caused my Peyronie’s