i researched surgeons who offer orbital decompression and eyelid retraction surgery besides dr. taban

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
placeholder. i will do it when i have the time for it.

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
i will keep this thread updated

Dr Raymond Douglas, La
Dr. John B Holds, St. Louis
Dr Dan Georgescu, Florida
Dr. Debraj Shome, Mumbai
Dr Vandana Jain, Navi Mumbai
Dr Cedric A George, Zurich
Dr. Dirk F Richter, Wesslingen

did it again

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Timelessbrah, Acnno, Tenshi and 7 others

Do you do decompressions for anything other than TED?
Dr. Douglas is always asked if he does decompressions for anything other than thyroid eye disease and his answer is absolutely yes! He does most of his decompressions for aesthetic reasons, for patients with thyroid eye disease and for those without

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 14262, Good_Little_Goy and 6485b025t
major lifefuel:

prices in india 2k
prices in germany 4k
zurich and at louis around 6.5k
florida and la (not taban) 7-8k

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Pumanator, Good_Little_Goy, bugeye and 3 others
This greycel knows more about eye area surgeries than all of the forum rotters here. Keep it up brocel!

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator, Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 1751
You realise these are temporary thread lifts and nothing like actual almond eye surgery right?

Ascension

it was the colour.. i prefer the eye shape before. Also if this is an orbital decompression, note how less his eyes got hooded

• +1
Reactions: fernandobrocolli
You realise these are temporary thread lifts and nothing like actual almond eye surgery right?

what are you even talking about? orbital decompression and the removal of bones is anything but temporary

i didnt post the turkish surgeon and didnt include him to the list

• +1
Reactions: knarflin5891, Good_Little_Goy and 6485b025t
it was the colour.. i prefer the eye shape before. Also if this is an orbital decompression, note how less his eyes got hooded
Its a cope canthoplasty.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
e23f9572-1eea-4300-98b3-9d4c7cfcdd91-png.768547

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Morpheus and Deleted member 1751
move this to best of the best @Sergeant

• +1
Personally I would only trust Taban its your fucking eyes and its permanent. Might spend some extra I dont rememeber seeing a bad outcome from him hes the best in his field

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7823, NormieKilla, Morpheus and 2 others
Personally I would only trust Taban its your fucking eyes and its permanent. Might spend some extra I dont rememeber seeing a bad outcome from him hes the best in his field

cope

douglas and richter mog

Dr Raymond Douglas, La
Dr. John B Holds, St. Louis
Dr Dan Georgescu, Florida
Dr. Debraj Shome, Mumbai
Dr Vandana Jain, Navi Mumbai
Dr Cedric A George, Zurich
Dr. Dirk F Richter, Wesslingen

did it again
How safe is cosmetic Orbital decompression? I posted a thread before and most people said it's very risky. Nobody encouraged me to do it.

How safe is cosmetic Orbital decompression? I posted a thread before and most people said it's very risky. Nobody encouraged me to do it.

based on what? did they quote (meta) studies etc?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
Taban mogs all of them. I’d rather spend the extra money so I actually get value from it. And because your eyes are easy to fuck up.

based on what? did they quote (meta) studies etc?

there are also basically 2 different kind of orbital decompression

one where bone gets removed
one where fat tissue gets removed

Na. They just said it's very risky and have a chance for going blind

in theory you can get blind if you get fillers or lefort 1 too

we would need exact numbers. besides like i said they are basically 2 different kind of orbital decompression and i would assume they differ in the risk profile

• +1
in theory you can get blind if you get fillers or lefort 1 too

we would need exact numbers. besides like i said they are basically 2 different kind of orbital decompression and i would assume they differ in the risk profile
Both are kinda same right. But amount of fat/ bone removed varies

• +1
Taban mogs all of them. I’d rather spend the extra money so I actually get value from it. And because your eyes are easy to fuck up.

douglas mogs

major lifefuel:

prices in india 2k
prices in germany 4k
whats the german surgeon's name?

Taban is the only surgeon who has the most knowledge and the right skills regarding eye area and this all across the globe. If I had to get some work done in my eyes I'd undoubtly visit him despite there might be few surgeons here and there that also have all what it takes. Just get a loan that you'll reimburse between 2 to 5 years instead of spending few thousands and taking a major risk.

Na. They just said it's very risky and have a chance for going blind

here i found some numbers:

0,5% risk of double vision / strabismus and 1 in 20.000 risk of blindness if you do orbital decompression with Taban, according to himself. Personally I had double vision for a couple of days post op and then it cleared up.

from @kota aka this guy
e23f9572-1eea-4300-98b3-9d4c7cfcdd91-png.768547

1 in 20.000 = 0.00005 = 0.005%

for comparison:

Fortunately, blindness is a rare complication. We report 2 cases of blindness out of 690 Le Fort I surgeries done from 1996 to 2012 by the same surgeon, for an overall incidence of 0.29%. Lanigan et al. [1] reported an incidence of 0.25% in a survey of North American oral and maxillofacial surgeons, while Lo et al.

chances of getting blind through lefort 1 are actually higher then from orbital decompression jfl

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: eyebagcel, Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 1751
major lifefuel:

prices in india 2k
prices in germany 4k
Yeah germany seems to have good prices for eyelid surgeries too
btw I heard that andre borba performs orbital decompression and went to uni with taban
I couldn't find prices but I'll message him on whatsapp to find out & if he performs lower eyelid retraction surgery or maybe canthopexy instead
if you wanna do the same you can find his contact info here https://andreborba.com/cursos/
can you tag me in these threads about orbital decompression and lower eyelid surgeries too pls?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 7863 and homo_faber
Yeah germany seems to have good prices for eyelid surgeries too
btw I heard that andre borba performs orbital decompression and went to uni with taban
I couldn't find prices but I'll message him on whatsapp to find out & if he performs lower eyelid retraction surgery or maybe canthopexy instead
if you wanna do the same you can find his contact info here https://andreborba.com/cursos/
can you tag me in these threads about orbital decompression and lower eyelid surgeries too pls?

very good post. i will definitely check him out

i heard regarding eyelids dr massry is also quite good but i think he doesnt offer orbital decompression? i might write him an email and ask lol

yes not an expert regarding germany but i heard dr.aral in cologne and dr. dr. galambos
are quite good when it comes to eyes and lid surgery. both dont offer orbital decompression as far i know though. but if you just need retraction surgery and canthoplasty and you in germany thats where you should ask.

• Love it
Dan Georgescu is from the same place as me, maybe he gives me a price cut . Good thread op.

OP this thread evolved good. Bookmarked for sure.

• +1
what would u say op are the best ocuplastic surgeons who aren't taban. I only trust him atm tbh and I only need to do lower eyelid retraction.

• +1
what would u say op are the best ocuplastic surgeons who aren't taban. I only trust him atm tbh and I only need to do lower eyelid retraction.

where do you live

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and oatmeal
The more research I do on this surgery, it seems the odds of going blind are very low. The cases of vision problems I found in the literature were in people who already had visions problems due to Graves’ disease. If you are getting this for cosmetic purposes, the odds are every low. Taban quoted 1/20,000 for what appeared to be a pretty aggressive decompression. Your chance of being killed every time you drive onto the freeway is roughly 1/20,000 from the statistics I’ve found, which is a risk we’ve all taken in life. The surgery just looks grisly and invasive on the surface as they are removing matter from behind the eye socket, but the reality is, the surgeons that perform this are very talented and skilled with their work. If you are high inhib, most surgeons will perform on one eye at separate times to reduce patient anxiety

• +1
has nothing to do with orbital decompression but i like the gif

7aee4a3a-d8b8-4d28-baea-538d745e7897-gif.730153