I think minoxidil gave me horrible acne, advise me please

Deleted member 2788

Deleted member 2788

Diamond
I hope someone can help me.

Let me start by saying that i used to use minoxidil. I was using it 2x a day. There's been 1 month now that i stopped using it cause a beard is not worth having your skin and collagen killed. I used to go out in the sun with minoxidil in my face. Yeah. Stupid. That shit gave ma bad acne as well.

My routine consists of:
Morning: Deep Cleanser for Oily Skin with salycilic acid from La Roche (i only use it if i feel that my skin is oily)
Neutrogena hydroboost fps 25 moisturizer
Sunscreen SPF 60 from La Roche *i usually come back home at 13 pm, i then usually use the cleanser again if i didnt used it earlier in the morning, and then apply sunscreen again because i go out in the sun at 14 pm.

Night:
Same Cleanser
BHA Blackhead Chemical Exfoliant from Cosrx (2x per week, i just bought it, been using it for 1 week only)
Moisturize again.
*I also have retin a 0.25 that i use 3-4x per week, the days that i use retin-a i use it at night and dont use anything other than it (been usin it for 2 weeks only as well).

That's it

My skin looks like shit. Is it because i've been only 1 month off minoxidil and just started using exfoliants and retin-a so i need more time? PS: That big ass postule in my cheek i think it was caused by a an ingrown hair when i shaved.

@x30001 help me fam you're the high iq dude here.

GukbKSn
LCvrLNJ
Qexl3FT

yet another forum member that got fucked by minoxidil

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Alexanderr, Deleted member 2788 and Peachy

Let me start by saying that i used to use minoxidil. I was using it 2x a day. There's been 1 month now that i stopped using it cause a beard is not worth having your skin and collagen killed. I used to go out in the sun with minoxidil in my face. Yeah. Stupid. That shit gave ma bad acne as well.

My routine consists of:
Morning: Deep Cleanser for Oily Skin with salycilic acid from La Roche (i only use it if i feel that my skin is oily)
Sunscreen SPF 60 from La Roche *i usually come back home at 13 pm, i then usually use the cleanser again if i didnt used it earlier in the morning, and then apply sunscreen again because i go out in the sun at 14 pm.

Night:
Same Cleanser
BHA Blackhead Chemical Exfoliant from Cosrx (2x per week, i just bought it, been using it for 1 week only)
Moisturize again.
*I also have retin a 0.25 that i use 3-4x per week, the days that i use retin-a i use it at night and dont use anything other than it (been usin it for 2 weeks only as well).

That's it

My skin looks like shit. Is it because i've been only 1 month off minoxidil and just started using exfoliants and retin-a so i need more time? PS: That big ass postule in my cheek i think it was caused by a an ingrown hair when i shaved.

View attachment 117368View attachment 117369View attachment 117370
just buy accutane online.

You sure i need accutane? Isn't there other options?
Your acne don't need accutane, this drug is strong af... change your diet, b5 + alcar, topical treatment, then think about accutane

My routine consists of:

Night:
Same Cleanser
Moisturize again.

That's it

View attachment 117368View attachment 117369View attachment 117370
Fuckkk mirin that last pimple

You sure i need accutane? Isn't there other options?
another option is a topical trwatment. tretinoin + antibiotic or adapalene + antibiotic. (Epiduo is a brand medicine with adapalene+antibiotic)
clearly the topical treatment is much weaker than accutane and cannot remove more than 60% of your acne,while accutane removes 100%

personally I would say that acne is bad enough for accutane. Seems like you're changing your routine a lot though, just keep it consistent for a month and see what the results are, if it doesn't go away then accutane. Also make dietary changes such as stopping diary consumption if you haven't already

personally I would say that acne is bad enough for accutane. Seems like you're changing your routine a lot though, just keep it consistent for a month and see what the results are, if it doesn't go away then accutane. Also make dietary changes such as stopping diary consumption if you haven't already
Some people told me to stop BHA for now as tret is already agressive to the skin. I'll do that and cut dairy, hope my skin will look better in some months :|

Don’t exfoliate ur acne and get on a skincare routine with benzoyl peroxide in the morning and tretinoin at night