I used to be completely healthy

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
yet lazy and full of stupid excuses not to do things and neglect or postpone my responsibilities. I wish I could go back in time to before my last botox treatment which took my health away from me within minutes. I would do many things different. Spend more time with my family, go outside more often, finish getting my driver license, look for a better apartment, get a job and ldar less, wasting my time despite being healthy. Be more grateful for my life and health.

I don't know whether I'll get through this; I live alone and no one would notice if I died in my apartment. Things are very uncertain at the moment and it's getting progressively harder to do anything. I can barely breathe or walk, doing the groceries is extremely difficult and there's nothing I can do about it. The only thing I know is if I get better, if I do survive this, which may take several months or even years, I'm gonna do many things different. Life is too precious to waste it ldaring and neglect the people that care about you, including yourself. The Chinese word for crisis has two meanings, danger and opportunity. I sincerely hope I'll be able to overcome the former and take the latter. Whatever the outcome may be, I deserve where I am and I'm responsible for it. But I don't hate myself for it. I'm human, I make mistakes.

I have a message for any of you with good health: be grateful for it, support your family and those who care about you and most importantly, don't neglect yourself. You may think your life sucks but trust me, nothing and absolutely nothing sucks as much as being truly sick. Being ugly sucks, having no social circle sucks but all that is nothing compared to being ill or disabled. You have a choice, make something of it while you still can. You'll get old soon enough and might not be able to do the things you want anymore.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Patient A, Lmao, LostYouth and 29 others
To @SubhumanCurrycel , you survived cancer right? Forget about your hair. Trading your hair for being alive and healthy sounds like a good deal to me. Enjoy your life. It could've been much worse.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Mateusz74, Deleted member 3299, Pumanator and 9 others
what did botox do to you

what did botox do to you
Went systemic and partially paralysed my diaphragm and legs. Now I'm dealing with shortness of breath, muscle weakness, coordination difficulties, blurry vision and occasional dysphagia and nausea

• So Sad
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee, Patient A, Deleted member 6475 and 15 others
Went systemic and partially paralysed my diaphragm and legs. Now I'm dealing with shortness of breath, muscle weakness, coordination difficulties, blurry vision and occasional dysphagia and nausea
How did you survive? I assume you went to the ER right?

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
Yes. When did this happen? Also, where specifically was the botox injected?

How did you survive? I assume you went to the ER right?
Of course I did but they didn't take me serious. My vital parameters came out fine so they released me, saying that my breathing was just from bad posture and that I should take pain killers and force my breath (jfl). I didn't mention that I had botox, 99.9% of medical doctors don't know or believe that it can spread and cause botulism anyway. The muscle weakness in my legs and most other symptoms set in only later. Medics can't help me with this

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Patient A, AutismMaxing, toth77 and 3 others
Of course I did but they didn't take me serious. My vital parameters came out fine so they released me, saying that my breathing was just from bad posture and that I should take pain killers and force my breath (jfl). I didn't mention that I had botox, 99.9% of medical doctors don't know or believe that it can spread and cause botulism anyway. The muscle weakness in my legs and most other symptoms set in only later. Medics can't help me with this
So wth did you end up doing?

So wth did you end up doing?
Trying to rest and gasping for air constantly every single day. There isn't much you can do. I'd rather have covid than this ngl

• So Sad
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: toth77, PYT, Deleted member 7776 and 1 other person
legit thread

looksmax and psl becomes a meme when life hits you

but they are two sides of the coin even if you are healthy and have a good job etc.
you will still be depressed if you are KHHV because sex and relationships are a human need after all
your priorities just change

in the end you have to be grateful but still try to gain everything a little

• +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing, Hightwolf, Deleted member 6963 and 9 others
Trying to rest and gasping for air constantly every single day. There isn't much you can do. I'd rather have covid than this ngl
Seriously, you should have told them. There are drugs that can reverse muscle paralysis

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10551
Yes. When did this happen? Also, where specifically was the botox injected?
Mid-December. Multiple injections in the forehead and temples (frontalis muscle) to lower my eyebrows

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Neurose
me after getting LL when I'm 60 years old

• +1
Reactions: Boldandbeautiful
It's pretty rare so doctor's disbelief is understandable, but unfortunately for the person in the minority the failure rate is 100%

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
I like how there are many guys who see the clear picture like
you, @Native , @toth77 , @Effortless etc.

we should do more reminders

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6963, DianabolDownie, Effortless and 3 others
I like how there are many guys who see the clear picture like
you, @Native , @toth77 , @Effortless etc.

we should do more reminders
Appreciate it. Just needed that off my chest (literally)

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal and Deleted member 5891
It's pretty rare so doctor's disbelief is understandable, but unfortunately for the person in the minority the failure rate is 100%
It's not that rare. There are countless of botox poisoning victims. There's even a facebook group. Three digit number of FDA reported deaths between 1992 and 2009 caused by botox injections and many people need years to recover, some don't at all. It travels in the nervous system via retrogade axonal transport and can't be broken down by the body easily because it avoids proteasomal degradation, unlike botulinum toxin E (another short-lasting serotype). Manufacturers and injectors are lying about the risks all the time. I would have never gone through with it if I knew this

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing, Pumanator, PYT and 2 others
Seriously, you should have told them. There are drugs that can reverse muscle paralysis
None are approved for botulinum toxin-induced flaccid paralysis. Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors like pyridostigmine (a drug for the autoimmune disease myasthenia gravis) have helped some but they're prescription only, have nasty side effects and the chances that I'll get them for my issues are close to zero. I tried huperzine A, which you don't need a prescription for but is just as potent in terms of AChE inhibition, but the cholinergic side effects were bad so I stopped taking it. Many things I tolerated before make me worse now.

Then there are certain potassium channel blockers that increase voltage-gated calcium influx but it's all in the early stages of research and probably years away from being approved for botulism, if they ever will be

• So Sad
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 6403
None are approved for botulinum toxin-induced flaccid paralysis. Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors like pyridostigmine (a drug for the autoimmune disease myasthenia gravis) have helped some but they're prescription only, have nasty side effects and the chances that I'll get them for my issues are close to zero. I tried huperzine A, which you don't need a prescription for but is just as potent in terms of AChE inhibition, but the cholinergic side effects were bad so I stopped taking it. Many things I tolerated before make me worse now.

Then there are certain potassium channel blockers that increase voltage-gated calcium influx but it's all in the early stages of research and probably years away from being approved for botulism, if they ever will be
@Seth Walsh @Mayorga @Cope if you know of anything that may help, ideally things that decrease VCIP135 or USPX9 deubiquitinase expression, let me know

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and PYT
I'd never think something like this would happen to you of all people it's crazy to hear you're ill

I'm praying this is just a scare and you can do everything you missed out on after

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf, Deleted member 6963 and Bewusst
I'd never think something like this would happen to you of all people it's crazy to hear you're ill

I'm praying this is just a scare and you can do everything you missed out on after
Thanks a lot my friend

• Love it
Reactions: PYT
A lot of people lack gratitude for what they have until its taken away and general health is extremely important, this is why I recommend not just looksmaxing but healthmaxxing too; physical and mental health.

Most people don't even know how shit they feel on a daily bases because of what they consume and their lifestyle, take care of your body and mind because it will be one of the biggest reward in life.

Ps hope you get better soon boyo

• +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing, Bewusst and Deleted member 5891
I'll tell you this: don't do drugs. It will make everything worse

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A and AutismMaxing
I didn't mention that I had botox, 99.9% of medical doctors don't know or believe that it can spread and cause botulism anyway.

I'd say mention that in your next visit, preferably to a neurologist, and bring evidence such as - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6112997/

Unfortunately diagnosis is based on symptoms which always leaves a hole for subjectivity. This case-report shows a perfect prognosis with proper treatment so I think it's in your best interest to discuss your complaints with an open-minded professional.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
I'd say mention that in your next visit, preferably to a neurologist, and bring evidence such as - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6112997/

Unfortunately diagnosis is based on symptoms which always leaves a hole for subjectivity. This case-report shows a perfect prognosis with proper treatment so I think it's in your best interest to discuss your complaints with an open-minded professional.
More likely to win the lottery than finding an „open-minded“ doctor who will believe me. To them, you‘re only sick physically when they find sth. Otherwise it‘s all in your head. And with iatrogenic botulism as a previously healthy slim 24 yo man with no pre-existing conditions and negative tests, they will not find anything, regardless of how severe my symptoms are

• +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing
Damn dude

More likely to win the lottery than finding an „open-minded“ doctor who will believe me. To them, you‘re only sick physically when they find sth. Otherwise it‘s all in your head. And with iatrogenic botulism as a previously healthy slim 24 yo man with no pre-existing conditions and negative tests, they will not find anything, regardless of how severe my symptoms are
yet lazy and full of stupid excuses not to do things and neglect or postpone my responsibilities. I wish I could go back in time to before my last botox treatment which took my health away from me within minutes. I would do many things different. Spend more time with my family, go outside more often, finish getting my driver license, look for a better apartment, get a job and ldar less, wasting my time despite being healthy. Be more grateful for my life and health.
42F3908D 9C9A 4BE8 A69F 179B11514B19